Author Topic: Watching the dow and the president  (Read 1703 times)

Offline Baruch Menachem

• In a handbasket, heading to a warm destination
  • do the best you can with what you can
Watching the dow and the president
« on: March 17, 2009, 09:30:23 AM »
I was watching a small bit of 0bama's news conference.  They had the Dow numbers in the bottom corner of the screen while he was talking.  It was like watching a Greek Drama, he talks the Dow tanks.   It went down from positve 60 to negative 2 before I left.

An optimist sees the glass as half full, a pessimist sees the glass as half empty, an engineer sees that there is twice the glass required to contain the beer

My name is Obamandias, King of Kings, 
  Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Offline Bluesuiter-Retired

Re: Watching the dow and the president
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2009, 11:57:18 AM »
When the DOW was in its decline, "the messiah" told us to ignore the ups and downs.

Now that the DOW is slowly on the rise, suddenly "the messiah" is all giggles about the DOW.
America - Love It, or LEAVE

Offline RightCoast

• Semper Fi means more than most will ever know
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2009, 03:26:38 PM »
When the DOW was in its decline, "the messiah" told us to ignore the ups and downs.

Now that the DOW is slowly on the rise, suddenly "the messiah" is all giggles about the DOW.

His teleprompter meant "ignore the downs."
nine eleven is a car
nine one one is an emergency service
September 11, 2001 was an attack
Never Forget, or Minimize.

Offline Peter3_1

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2009, 08:48:25 PM »
He spoke again, and most of the gains were lost. The street knows what he is, and being reminded just by hearing his phonyness mades the Market lose confidence.

Offline Jim

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2009, 10:01:57 AM »
with the late news Friday on his forecasts and such I expect the markets to resume their decline.  the manufactured rally built on meaningless news from CITI will evaporate.
My fellow Americans, there is nothing audacious about hope. Hope is what makes people buy lottery tickets instead of paying the bills. Hope is for the old gals feeding the slots in Atlantic City. It destroys the inner-city kid who quits school because he hopes he'll be a world-famous recording artist.

What's the difference between Sarah Palin and Barack Obama?

One is a well turned-out, good-looking, and let's be honest, pretty sexy piece of eye-candy.

The other kills her own food.

Offline Peter3_1

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2009, 11:54:52 AM »
CBO report stated that the idiotic "Cap and Trade"
 idea will doom the nation to third world status. The report I heard also began to mention "rapid inflation" (hyper inflation a la 1944 Germany) , and the vague possibility of depression.

Yet, still no releaf from "mark to market", no reinstatment of the "uptick" rule, and only now talk of an exchange for bundled securities , "credit default" assets, that would include margin requirements. As these are the riskiest of all, I'd like to see 60% margins required.

When there is a zero margin, as with the 100% and + loans that brought us to this juncture, the end is ALWAYS a disaster.

But the Cin C continues to talk out his fifth point about not doing things until the business cycle can be tamed. Facts are the cycle cannot be tamed IF yiou want wealth creation, but if you are staisfied to let your children freeze and starve in the dart, perminant stability CAN be reached. Just ask the N. K