Author Topic: NO hockey!?!  (Read 6894 times)

Offline Shamrock

• Probationary (Probie)
NO hockey!?!
« on: January 06, 2008, 08:29:57 PM »
Where's all the hockey fans?  All I see is NFL stuff.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: NO hockey!?!
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2008, 08:50:06 PM »
Strong aversion to tedium is my guess.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline djones520

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2008, 09:02:38 AM »
Hockey is the only sport I really pay attention to.  I just don't talk about it much, unless I'm making fun of some other sport.  All hockey fans really know it's gotta be the most demanding of the 4 big sports.

"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2008, 09:07:26 AM »
Hockey is the only sport I really pay attention to.  I just don't talk about it much, unless I'm making fun of some other sport.  All hockey fans really know it's gotta be the most demanding of the 4 big sports.

Yep! The Stanley Cup is coming back home this year :werd:
Call me "Asshole" One more time!

Offline djones520

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2008, 09:11:28 AM »

I'm not holding my breath.  I love the Wings, but they've had this remarkable ability the last few seasons to dominate in the regular season, and then just give up in the play offs.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline Shamrock

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2008, 10:20:03 AM »
Sounds like my local team, the Rivermen!!!  They can be great all year then blow it in the playoffs,  one year they were swept in the first round!

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2008, 11:23:55 AM »

I'm not holding my breath.  I love the Wings, but they've had this remarkable ability the last few seasons to dominate in the regular season, and then just give up in the play offs.
Yep The old Presidents Trophy curse usually gets em everytime. I'm hoping Zetterburg and Datsyuk keep up with the intensity.The only thing I hope they don't have them playing on the same line in the playoffs, too easy to neutralize them both that way. How about Ozzie though? The dude is playing better than Hasek.We shall see though.I still think Hasek is a money goaltender in the playoffs.
Call me "Asshole" One more time!

Offline djones520

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2008, 12:00:04 PM »
I unfortunately don't get to watch to many games.  I've seen a total of 3 Wings games get shown on AFN this season, and I was asleep for 1 of them (yesterdays).

Last year i'd say they had a good run.  They fought real hard, but where just hampered by the fact that so many of their best players where out on injuries.  Hell, they had 3rd string guys playing in the Play-Offs.

The way their playing this year though, 9 points ahead of the next closest team, I've gotta say that if they can keep that team together, and can keep their heads in it, their gonna whup some serious ass this year.

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2008, 06:37:32 PM »

Yep...........back to Raleigh NC
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline djones520

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2008, 08:05:26 AM »

Yep...........back to Raleigh NC

Hurricanes aren't even a lock for playoffs.  Their 6th in position in their conferance with at least 4 or 5 other teams within striking distance, and we're only just over halfway through the season.  I wouldn't be holding my breath just yet.

Offline Pyackog

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2008, 10:33:04 PM »
I was just thinking the same thing...where the hell is hockey?!?!?

GO ISLES!!!

Offline Chris_

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2008, 10:41:48 PM »
I don't really follow hockey, but it's nice to see my home team win.  They're doing okay; better than the NFL team. 

The team was sold to a group of private investors earlier this year.  I hope it works out for them.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2008, 12:33:51 AM »
All I know is, someone needs to step up and fill Barnaby's skates real quick.
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline Chris_

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2008, 09:17:07 PM »
I don't really follow hockey, but it's nice to see my home team win.  They're doing okay; better than the NFL team. 

The team was sold to a group of private investors earlier this year.  I hope it works out for them.
Well, we have 1.5 teams in Los Angeles. It must just piss off the entire league that we have a Stanley Cup and don't give a shit.  They got a parade at Disneyland.  Just like Goofy and Mickey do every night.

Offline vftb

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2008, 09:28:32 PM »
   :cheersmate:

Actually, my wife is the rabid fan, so if ya ask me anything I'll have to go ask her for the answer  :lmao: :lmao:
To err is human, to really **** things up you need a computer

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2008, 10:09:56 PM »
Who f'n cares about hockey?  :-) :bolt:
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline vftb

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2008, 10:19:06 PM »
Who f'n cares about hockey?  :-) :bolt:

Did you hear that noise on the other side of the country; that was my wife screaming at the tv.  She does, obviously  :rotf: :cheersmate:  Sharks are playing the Coyotes as I post  ::) ::)
To err is human, to really **** things up you need a computer

Offline Atomic Lib Smasher

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2008, 10:25:22 PM »
I like hockey, but right now, my passion is football. When the season is over, I'll be watching the Blues on FSN more often.

Liberalism is the philosophy of the stupid! - Mark R. Levin

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2008, 10:44:39 PM »
I like hockey, but right now, my passion is football. When the season is over, I'll be watching the Blues on FSN more often.

So, what you're saying is, you're going to start watching the Blues after Sunday, right?  :-)
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline djones520

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2008, 01:21:08 AM »

Well, we have 1.5 teams in Los Angeles. It must just piss off the entire league that we have a Stanley Cup and don't give a shit.  They got a parade at Disneyland.  Just like Goofy and Mickey do every night.

Steer clear of Down-Town Detroit on the nights that the Wings win the cup.  Theres a reason they call it Hockey Town.

By the way, Anaheims full of a bunch of dirty no good players who only made it as far as they did because they injured so many of the Wings front line players. :hammer:

Offline Pyackog

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2008, 12:00:27 PM »

You mean, someone else needs to be a little punk bitch there?  :tongue:

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2008, 12:31:22 PM »

No, I mean someone needs to go out onto the ice with the sole intent of starting fights.  :evillaugh:
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline Pyackog

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2008, 01:08:44 PM »

No, I mean someone needs to go out onto the ice with the sole intent of starting fights.  :evillaugh:

Yeah, we could use that too with Simon gone. Again.