Author Topic: What's his CU name???  (Read 1320 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
What's his CU name???
« on: February 11, 2008, 08:00:36 AM »
Enthusiastic GOP Teen To Fight Citations

AP) An 18-year-old Republican's enthusiasm for presidential hopeful Ron Paul could cost him more than $550.

Cody Hauer has been cited four times in one week for displaying a 13-inch-by-40-inch "Ron Paul Revolution" decal in the rear window of his car. The problem is that such decals are illegal if they obstruct the driver's view.

"I support Ron Paul, the city police department doesn't," he said. "They gave me a DWR _ driving while Republican."

Owatonna Police Chief Shaun LaDue said his officers followed the law.

"The political aspect of this doesn't enter into the equation at all," LaDue said. "It's very clear in state statute that you cannot have anything that obstructs the driver's vision."

Besides being in violation of the law, Hauer showed disrespect toward the officer during each traffic stop, LaDue said. "He talks himself into a citation each time," LaDue said.

Hauer said he'll argue in court that the law violates his First Amendment right to free speech.

"To be honest, I'm probably not going to win, but I'm going to go down fighting," he said.

:mental:

SOURCE

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
Re: What's his CU name???
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 08:02:18 AM »
"To be honest, I'm probably not going to win, but I'm going to go down fighting," he said.

Ahh, the ronulan philosophy at work.  :whatever:
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 09:07:42 AM »
"The political aspect of this doesn't enter into the equation at all," LaDue said. "It's very clear in state statute that you cannot have anything that obstructs the driver's vision."
It is Ron Paul's brilliant radiance before your benighted eyes that blinds YOU who dwell in the  dank shadows of unconstitutional unconstitutionality!!!
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2008, 08:53:51 PM »
It is Ron Paul's brilliant radiance before your benighted eyes that blinds YOU who dwell in the  dank shadows of unconstitutional unconstitutionality!!!

That's easy for you to say. I am proud to say, where else but Minniesocold! Yes, Cody is my homie.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.