Author Topic: Prayer requests  (Read 107582 times)

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
Re: Prayer requests
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2008, 02:08:57 PM »
How about everyone saying a little prayer for the souls of the dead and the survivors in Myanmar.  There are a lot of hurting souls in the world today. Maybe our prayers can bring comfort to some of them.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline WinOne4TheGipper

• Enemy of DU
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2008, 02:56:43 PM »
How about everyone saying a little prayer for the souls of the dead and the survivors in Myanmar.  There are a lot of hurting souls in the world today. Maybe our prayers can bring comfort to some of them.

Amen!  Hopefully this tragedy can somehow help bring a change in leadership there.
“Sometimes the curses of the godless sound better than the hallelujahs of the pious.”

Martin Luther

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2008, 07:22:14 PM »
Chaplain (LTC) Larry Blum.

Brigade Chaplain...3rd Bde. 1st Armored Division Baghdad Iraq 2003-04.

Ch. Blum had to return early from his second tour in Iraq and was diagnosed with a brain tumor.

They were able to operate but only got part of the tumor.  He's had to go through some grueling Chemo to try and get the rest of it.

He just within the last couple weeks was taken out of ICU.

I never missed an opportunity to be his driver or gunner on his vehicle.  Joked with him that I did it to increase my chances of staying alive LOL!.

He was the source of comfort to so many of us in the Brigade when we'd lose a fellow soldier.  I hope the Lord and those of us that were part of his "flock" can give him the same kind of comfort and strength.

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2008, 12:30:15 AM »
Chaplain (LTC) Larry Blum.

Brigade Chaplain...3rd Bde. 1st Armored Division Baghdad Iraq 2003-04.

Ch. Blum had to return early from his second tour in Iraq and was diagnosed with a brain tumor.

They were able to operate but only got part of the tumor.  He's had to go through some grueling Chemo to try and get the rest of it.

He just within the last couple weeks was taken out of ICU.

I never missed an opportunity to be his driver or gunner on his vehicle.  Joked with him that I did it to increase my chances of staying alive LOL!.

He was the source of comfort to so many of us in the Brigade when we'd lose a fellow soldier.  I hope the Lord and those of us that were part of his "flock" can give him the same kind of comfort and strength.

Sorry hear this Sarge....I will be praying for his comfort.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2008, 06:08:02 AM »
The daughter of a very close friend was 2-3 months pregnant with twins.  Early this week her doctor could find only one heartbeat.  Now there are none.  She is absolutely devastated.  Prayers for her, her husband, and their families would be appreciated.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Flame

« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2008, 07:59:36 AM »
The daughter of a very close friend was 2-3 months pregnant with twins.  Early this week her doctor could find only one heartbeat.  Now there are none.  She is absolutely devastated.  Prayers for her, her husband, and their families would be appreciated.

how sad...prayers for the family.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2008, 02:39:09 PM »
I would like for everyone to keep in their prayers this memorial day the veterans who have died in the line of duty to protect us from the enemies of God and freedom.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2008, 11:21:17 PM »

Very sad Lug, I'll pray for them. 
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2008, 11:33:07 PM »
I would like for everyone to keep in their prayers this memorial day the veterans who have died in the line of duty to protect us from the enemies of God and freedom.

Indeed.

Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline Chris_

« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2008, 08:02:37 PM »
I normally am not the type to ask for prayers for myself, but I could use some right now, as I'm having an operation on Thursday.   Really don't want to talk about it any more than that, as my stress levels are through the roof right now.  :(
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2008, 08:11:05 PM »
Good luck.  :(

Offline Chris_

« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2008, 08:14:38 PM »
I normally am not the type to ask for prayers for myself, but I could use some right now, as I'm having an operation on Thursday.   Really don't want to talk about it any more than that, as my stress levels are through the roof right now.  :(

Relax in the knowledge your friends are pulling for you and praying for you.

Knowing people care has always lifted my spirits.  I hope it does yours.

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2008, 08:15:31 PM »

I'll be praying for you ACC.
Stink Eye

Offline Uhhuh35

• Subtle Like A Nuclear Weapon
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2008, 09:09:41 PM »
My ex-wife's boyfriend just hung himself. Please pray for his soul.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
— Albert Einstein.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2008, 09:11:06 PM »
Damn!  :(

That's some harsh news.

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2008, 09:13:10 PM »

That's very sad Unhuh.  I'll be praying. 
Stink Eye

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2008, 09:14:21 PM »
Sheesh! Prayers up!
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline Chris_

« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2008, 09:14:32 PM »
Wow -- yes, prayers for his soul.  How is the ex taking it?

Offline Chris_

« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2008, 09:14:44 PM »

Prayers sent...  :(

Offline Uhhuh35

« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2008, 08:45:00 PM »
Wow -- yes, prayers for his soul.  How is the ex taking it?
Not good. Her and my son found him. He left no note so she has no idea why he did it. Thank you all for your prayers.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
— Albert Einstein.

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2008, 08:50:33 PM »
I have a triple request right now:

1.  My aunt Freida:  She found out last Friday she has a grapefruit sized tumor on one of her kidneys.  The good news is they don't think it spread, but she'll find out more tomorrow.  Please pray for her.

2.  Also last week, my aunt Freida's mother-in-law died.  Mrs. Brasseaux was a very lovely lady.  My aunt's family is suffering not only from the death, but also the news of Freida's ill health.  Please keep them in your prayers. 

3.  I learned today that my Grandpa has prostate cancer.  It's slow growth, so the doctor says this won't kill him.  Please pray for him as well.

Thank you. 
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 07:52:35 PM by Miss Mia »
Stink Eye

Offline Uhhuh35

« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2008, 05:51:56 PM »
I'll send my prayers to your relatives Miss Mia.
— Albert Einstein.

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2008, 07:56:25 PM »

Thank you.  It's tough on the family right now.  My aunt's tumor is attached to her adrenal gland and shooting her blood pressure to stoke levels.  They're doing more tests and her surgery should be next week once they're done with the tests.

I'm worried about my grandfather.  His doctor tends to say "oh, well you've lived a good life, there's nothing we can do."  He's very dismissive of my grandpa's complaints.  A couple of years ago my grandpa was having his bi-yearly physical and complained of chest pains and congestions.  The doctor said it was just the flu.   :whatever:  He had a triple bypass within the month, and almost died.

I'm taking off work next Thursday (and I have Friday off already) and I'm headed down there for the weekend to see what's going on. 
Stink Eye

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2008, 08:08:32 PM »

Thank you.  It's tough on the family right now.  My aunt's tumor is attached to her adrenal gland and shooting her blood pressure to stoke levels.  They're doing more tests and her surgery should be next week once they're done with the tests.

I'm worried about my grandfather.  His doctor tends to say "oh, well you've lived a good life, there's nothing we can do."  He's very dismissive of my grandpa's complaints.  A couple of years ago my grandpa was having his bi-yearly physical and complained of chest pains and congestions.  The doctor said it was just the flu.   :whatever:  He had a triple bypass within the month, and almost died.

I'm taking off work next Thursday (and I have Friday off already) and I'm headed down there for the weekend to see what's going on. 

Prayers out, Mia. I'm sorry to hear about this.  :(

..and sorry I haven't read sooner.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Noley

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2008, 08:10:07 PM »
The power of prayer is an amazing thing, it can go so far! My Mom says to this day the Power of Prayer kept my Dad around a few extra years!!

~Noley
If you can makes a girl SMILE you can make her do anything!!!