Author Topic: Prayer requests  (Read 105701 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Prayer requests
« on: January 06, 2008, 06:57:19 PM »
Please post any prayer requests you may have in this thread.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: Prayer requests
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2008, 06:58:05 PM »

What's the character-limit here?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Chris_

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2008, 07:27:59 PM »

What's the character-limit here?
None that I know of.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2008, 07:55:55 PM »
None that I know of.

That was actually a joke; I thought about posting my "problems," which would exceed a 10,000-character character limit, but actually it just boils down to that I hope to gracefully and gratefully accept what's given me, whether a little or a lot; I don't know at the moment.

So that was the deal, and I was trying to make a funny.....and flopped.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline lastparker

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2008, 04:17:25 PM »
None that I know of.

That was actually a joke; I thought about posting my "problems," which would exceed a 10,000-character character limit, but actually it just boils down to that I hope to gracefully and gratefully accept what's given me, whether a little or a lot; I don't know at the moment.

So that was the deal, and I was trying to make a funny.....and flopped.

I shall pray for Frank's strength to accept what's given him, and the knowledge that I get his funny.  Amen.
Cursing is the crutch of the inarticulate mother****er, DUmmies.   -NHSparky

Deadbeats eating mushroom duxelles and dandelion salad with a shallot vinaigrette are still deadbeats.    -GOBUCKS

Offline Lauri

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2008, 10:53:07 PM »
Pray for Fred people!  :beer:

Offline Chris_

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2008, 06:11:37 AM »
Pray for Fred people!  :beer:
Yes, Fred people need prayer...and so does Fred.   :tongue:

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2008, 04:48:35 PM »
Yesssss, we must pray for Fred: 
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline Chris_

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2008, 11:56:34 AM »
The father of a very good friend passed away yesterday afternoon.  He had just been placed in a hospice and was expected to last only a few more weeks...Alzheimers.

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2008, 01:43:34 PM »
The father of a very good friend passed away yesterday afternoon.  He had just been placed in a hospice and was expected to last only a few more weeks...Alzheimers.

Sad news lug-nut.  I will remember your friend in prayer.  I hope the passing was not too difficult.

Offline SilverOrchid

• Proud momma of two little belles!
  • California Conservative-Yes, we exist!
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2008, 12:05:57 PM »
I need prayer for my husband's grandfather, he was admitted this moring for internal bleeding. The bleeding is coming from his intenses and they are trying to find out where it is going. My FIL is with him and needless to say we are all upset and worried. He isn't a spring chicken and hasn't been well for quite for some time. Please pray for him to pull though and for his wife to have strength. TY.

Offline SilverOrchid

• Proud momma of two little belles!
  • California Conservative-Yes, we exist!
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2008, 11:09:22 AM »
My SIL is 8 weeks pregnant and last night she started bleeding. She went to the ER last night and everything is pointing to a possible miscarriage. :( This is really hard and upsetting because she been trying to get pregnant for over a year. We know the little baby is in God's hands and there is really nothing anyone can do but wait and pray. His/her heatbeat is down and we are praying that the baby pulls though. Please pray. :(

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2008, 11:27:52 AM »
What an awful time it must be for your family SO.  I'll remember you all in my prayers.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2008, 01:18:08 PM »
I started singing in my Catholic church's choir at the end of November.  I'm a tenor, and there's not too many of us; there's far more basses.  Anyway, I was at Mass today and talked with the choir director after the Mass--we weren't singing today, the contemporary ensemble was.  Anyway, one of the basses had a massive stroke Friday morning.  The choir director said a couple of things about this--One, the stroke was so massive that all he'll ever be is in a vegetative state; and two, the stroke was so massive that the surgeons, wherever he is, couldn't operate. 

I'm not sure how old he is, but he's in his late 50s to early 60s.  Wednesday night, our parish had Confirmation, and because of the choir numbers (two tenors and four basses), I sat next to him.  Really nice guy.  It actually was kinda difficult to sing at times, as he had this way of cracking jokes that would be well-timed.  (Those members who sing know what I'm talking about.)  He did have a fainting spell last year, during choir practice (before I joined). 

I really don't know what to pray for here--a miracle, and Dick (his name) regains his health, or that Dick's stay on the Earth end soon, and he go to his Eternal Father, where I'm sure that a bass singing position is waiting for him.  (The tenors there might not get his jokes, however.)  But, I'm asking for prayers for him.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2008, 08:20:36 AM »
I started singing in my Catholic church's choir at the end of November.  I'm a tenor, and there's not too many of us; there's far more basses.  Anyway, I was at Mass today and talked with the choir director after the Mass--we weren't singing today, the contemporary ensemble was.  Anyway, one of the basses had a massive stroke Friday morning.  The choir director said a couple of things about this--One, the stroke was so massive that all he'll ever be is in a vegetative state; and two, the stroke was so massive that the surgeons, wherever he is, couldn't operate. 

I'm not sure how old he is, but he's in his late 50s to early 60s.  Wednesday night, our parish had Confirmation, and because of the choir numbers (two tenors and four basses), I sat next to him.  Really nice guy.  It actually was kinda difficult to sing at times, as he had this way of cracking jokes that would be well-timed.  (Those members who sing know what I'm talking about.)  He did have a fainting spell last year, during choir practice (before I joined). 

I really don't know what to pray for here--a miracle, and Dick (his name) regains his health, or that Dick's stay on the Earth end soon, and he go to his Eternal Father, where I'm sure that a bass singing position is waiting for him.  (The tenors there might not get his jokes, however.)  But, I'm asking for prayers for him.

Dick joined the Heavenly choir yesterday at around noon.  I expect to hear him singing, in my mind, at his funeral next week.  Singing at his funeral is the least I can do for him and his family.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Red October

• Future All Star
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2008, 08:25:02 AM »

Dick joined the Heavenly choir yesterday at around noon.  I expect to hear him singing, in my mind, at his funeral next week.  Singing at his funeral is the least I can do for him and his family.

I'm sorry to hear that.   :(  My prayers and sympathies go out to his family.

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2008, 08:04:21 PM »
As most of you all know, my boyfriend's dad is in the midst of a cancer battle.  He was diagnosed with colon cancer back in October.

It's been a struggle.  His wife left him.  His body rejected the chemo. 

Well, the last month or so, things were really looking good.  On Monday we got some bad news.  They had found some polyps in his colon and we were just praying they were nothing serious.  Today they removed them, and I haven't heard what the result was.

But also, his blood work has shown there's something going on with his kidneys. 

Please keep him in your prayers.  He's the last of my boyfriend's family that's left and he was doing so well.  After the check up last week, he was supposed to only have to go in every 3-4 months, but now it's just all so up in the air. 
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline Chris_

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2008, 08:16:59 PM »
As most of you all know, my boyfriend's dad is in the midst of a cancer battle.  He was diagnosed with colon cancer back in October.

Well, the last month or so, things were really looking good.  On Monday we got some bad news.  They had found some polyps in his colon and we were just praying they were nothing serious.  Today they removed them, and I haven't heard what the result was.

Please keep him in your prayers.  He's the last of my boyfriend's family that's left and he was doing so well.  After the check up last week, he was supposed to only have to go in every 3-4 months, but now it's just all so up in the air. 

Oh dang, MM.  :(   I'll keep him in my prayers.

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2008, 08:19:24 PM »

It's just really hard on my boyfriend.  His dad was just doing so well, he thought that he was going to pull out of it and be okay.  This is just such a shock, even to me. 
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline Chris_

« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2008, 08:25:46 PM »

Oh no Mia.... prayers sent up. :(

Offline Chris_

« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2008, 08:28:59 PM »

It's just really hard on my boyfriend.  His dad was just doing so well, he thought that he was going to pull out of it and be okay.  This is just such a shock, even to me. 
Isaiah 41:10
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2008, 09:15:56 PM »

Prayers.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2008, 09:38:15 PM »
Thanks Schade, LugNut and Duke. 
Stink Eye

Offline jendf

« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2008, 12:52:06 PM »
Just received a phone call from my pop. It looks like my nephew, who is 2 1/2, may have to go in for surgery today for some nerve damage.

They are doing an ultrasound right now and if they determine that there is damage, the surgery will be done immediately.

If you wouldn't mind praying for this little guy. It seems so wrong to be operating on a 2-year-old.

Thank you!

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2008, 12:56:33 PM »
Just received a phone call from my pop. It looks like my nephew, who is 2 1/2, may have to go in for surgery today for some nerve damage.

They are doing an ultrasound right now and if they determine that there is damage, the surgery will be done immediately.

If you wouldn't mind praying for this little guy. It seems so wrong to be operating on a 2-year-old.

Thank you!

I got a little something in my eye.

Sorry to hear about this...nothing bothers me more then knowing about children with health issues....I will be sure to pray for him, his family and medical care. I know a great  physician and he practices from above and hears our prayers. God Bless this little boy.