Author Topic: DUers sure are history experts  (Read 1144 times)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
DUers sure are history experts
« on: February 09, 2008, 04:38:16 PM »
Peake  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sat Feb-09-08 05:27 PM
Original message
Why no war on poverty?

DU'er Cleita posed this question in another forum.

We know that the rich in government need us to be poor and stupid so that we won't question anything, but why don't WE create some sort of program? Has anyone aligned all of the ones that do this work? Is there a single web site listing all of those who fight poverty, homelessness, etc.?

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2840286

Hey DUmmy a Democrat before a lot of us were born kicked off a war on poverty, http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=1589660

Yeah DUers know so much more than the rest of us about history.  :whatever:
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Re: DUers sure are history experts
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2008, 04:50:18 PM »
The utter idiocy leaves me speechless.

Well...not quite...wonder how many of them are the results of subsidizing having impoverished children thanks to the glorious war on poverty LBJ launched,combined with the free sex,drug use,no responsibility or accountability that accompanied it.

Offline jukin

Re: DUers sure are history experts
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2008, 05:11:04 PM »
Our NEA in action.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.