Author Topic: More tears for terrorists  (Read 1133 times)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
More tears for terrorists
« on: February 09, 2008, 04:32:15 PM »
NNN0LHI  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sat Feb-09-08 04:44 PM
Original message
Gitmo: Right now the men in Camp 6 sit in steel boxes without windows for at least 22 hours a day

Advertisements [?]
http://www.suntimes.com/news/world/784410,gitmo020808.a...

Guantanamo now features movie night

February 8, 2008
FROM ASSOCIATED PRESS

GUANTANAMO BAY NAVAL BASE, Cuba — Seeking to ease conditions for angry and frustrated Guantanamo detainees, the commander of the prison camps has instituted language classes, a literacy program and wants to open communal areas for men held in isolation 22 hours a day. snip

Zachary Katznelson, an attorney representing detainees, said he welcomes planned changes.

‘‘Right now the men in Camp 6 sit in steel boxes without windows for at least 22 hours a day,’’ he said. ‘‘They have no mental stimulation, nothing to do.

‘‘But the real issue remains the fact that the men are being held without charge or trial,’’ Katznelson added. ‘‘English lessons do not equal a return to American values like due process. It’s just putting lipstick on a pig.’’

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2840136

thunder rising  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sat Feb-09-08 04:50 PM
Response to Original message
3. This is a very volatile issue for me. Bush (et al) need to sent to the Hague. I hear Iraq has a

good used gallows available. No shit. I cannot believe this is done in what used to be the good name of The United States of America.

Consider this, when you see this

The United States of America

does it make you think that something bad is about to be said? It used to not be that way.

Hey idiot the Iraqi people hanged Saddam not the US. And nice death wish on W I hope agent Mike happened to see that post.

malaise  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sat Feb-09-08 04:57 PM
5. This is the personification of

EVIL!

Terrorists in prison is the personification of evil? What a moron.

grasswire  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sat Feb-09-08 05:03 PM
6. do all who have replied to this outrage...

...also condemn the same kind of torture on American soil, to America's prisoners? Sensory deprivation, isolation, sexual humiliation, poor food, extremes of heat and cold and noise, forced labor, physical violence, all forms of cruelty, danger at the hands of staff and inmates alike, etc., etc., etc.

I will have a lot more respect for liberals and progressives when they begin to raise hell about the treatment of America's prisoners. It's been going on for decades now.

Yeah but only in the US can a prisoner suee because he cant get chunky peanut butter.  :whatever:

lligrd  (1000+ posts) Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sat Feb-09-08 05:09 PM
Response to Reply #6
7. I Think The State Of American Prisons Today Is Appalling

but the point with the Bay is that it is not in the US and the prisoners are not given any rights. Innocent people are being held there without due process and being tortured. You can't compare the two issues.

How in the **** do you know that they are innocent?

spanone  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sat Feb-09-08 05:14 PM
8. yes, we terrorize those whom we deem terrorists.....how ****ed are we?

Yeah they are just poor misunderstood souls.  :whatever:

madrchsod  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sat Feb-09-08 05:23 PM
10. impeachment is off the table

So will you cry for SHillary to be impeached if she doesn't close down Gitmo her first day in office?  :whatever:

And they can't figure out why we call them traitors.  :mental:

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Re: More tears for terrorists
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2008, 04:55:19 PM »
grasswire  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sat Feb-09-08 05:03 PM
6. do all who have replied to this outrage...

...also condemn the same kind of torture on American soil, to America's prisoners? Sensory deprivation, isolation, sexual humiliation, poor food, extremes of heat and cold and noise, forced labor, physical violence, all forms of cruelty, danger at the hands of staff and inmates alike, etc., etc., etc.

I will have a lot more respect for liberals and progressives when they begin to raise hell about the treatment of America's prisoners. It's been going on for decades now.

Tell that to the family of Jessica Lunsford you wretched piece of dirtbag ****ing shit.
May there be a special place in hell your worthless soul will burn for eternity in.

Offline jukin

Re: More tears for terrorists
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2008, 05:10:26 PM »
The liberal mantra is that good is evil and that evil is the victim of good.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.