Author Topic: Is there such a thing as a "transager"?  (Read 2916 times)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
Is there such a thing as a "transager"?
« on: February 09, 2008, 04:23:43 PM »
iaasenrocks  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sat Feb-09-08 03:47 PM
Original message

Someone who is, say, 25, but really believes that they are 65?

If you have heard of this, and you believe that such a thing exists, should such people be eligible for Social Security?

I'm asking this based on something I heard on AAR.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2839990

Well you all have a poster who is a female that believes she is actually a boy cat. So I say yes this could possible.  :rotf:
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline jtyangel

Re: Is there such a thing as a "transager"?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2008, 04:32:10 PM »
iaasenrocks  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sat Feb-09-08 03:47 PM
Original message

If you have heard of this, and you believe that such a thing exists, should such people be eligible for Social Security?

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2839990

Well you all have a poster who is a female that believes she is actually a boy cat. So I say yes this could possible.  :rotf:

Damn, they are always looking for some angle to get their asses something for free aren't they? If they ain't got something, they have to make something up to obtain the freebie. It is especially insulting to me as a parent of a child who was BORN with a REAL disability. I look at idjits there perfectly capable of doing something with their lives, just lazier then lion with a full belly and then I look at my child and know that he may not(I sure hope that's not the case, but it is a possibility) may not be able to take advantage of all the oppurtunities this country and his family have to offer him due to his neurological disorder. They make me sick trying to saddle themselves on the back of true disabled individuals to seek some benefit for themselves. ****ing leeches(pardon my language).

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2008, 04:35:08 PM »
Original message

Damn, they are always looking for some angle to get their asses something for free aren't they? If they ain't got something, they have to make something up to obtain the freebie. It is especially insulting to me as a parent of a child who was BORN with a REAL disability. I look at idjits there perfectly capable of doing something with their lives, just lazier then lion with a full belly and then I look at my child and know that he may not(I sure hope that's not the case, but it is a possibility) may not be able to take advantage of all the oppurtunities this country and his family have to offer him due to his neurological disorder. They make me sick trying to saddle themselves on the back of true disabled individuals to seek some benefit for themselves. ****ing leeches(pardon my language).

The DUmmies remind me of the 20 year old kids with "hurt backs" who collect disability and then you have the guy I saw in the Social Security office 10 years ago missing a leg and going through hell to prove to SS that he is disabled poor guy was a WW2 vet. The free loaders ruin it for those truly in need.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2008, 04:44:26 PM »
Original message

The DUmmies remind me of the 20 year old kids with "hurt backs" who collect disability and then you have the guy I saw in the Social Security office 10 years ago missing a leg and going through hell to prove to SS that he is disabled poor guy was a WW2 vet. The free loaders ruin it for those truly in need.

yes, they do...my bil who just passed away was on disability. He worked physical labor all his life and what he had was terminal--there would be no time for him to retrain for something else, but it was a hell of a time for him to get the disability to live off of the last couple years of his life even though he had a laundry list of medical problems that precluded him from the work he used to do. I've heard they turn everyone down at first to try and weed out the leeches, but I know many leeches who are very persistant. BTW, my bil did get back money. Instead of pissing it away on lottery tickets and flashy crap, he bought a very small modest home in the middle of nowhere that was paid off and he had friends do the work to fix it up(he got it cheap because a basement wall had collapsed). He never needed section 8 or any of that since he made that investment with money he was very grateful to receive. He felt it was the least he could do to lessen his burden on everyone else and this man should have had no shame--he worked physical labor and managed physical labor for many many years before he could no longer work even as a struggling alcoholic he still worked everyday.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2008, 04:58:07 PM »
Original message

They have yet to come up with a definition of stupid that exactly fits something like this. :mental:

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2008, 08:48:52 PM »

Now why am I not surprised? :mental:
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2008, 09:00:34 PM »
iaasenrocks  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sat Feb-09-08 03:47 PM
Original message

Someone who is, say, 25, but claims to be 65?

I'm asking this I'm asking this because it really sounds like a great way to get some money without actually having to work for it.

That's more like it.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline jinxmchue

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2008, 11:54:27 PM »
Or a 15-year-old who believes he's 21 so he can buy carloads of alcohol!

Of course, this brings up a legitimate point.  If your gender is decided not by your anatomy and DNA, but by what you feel your gender is, then why not age, too?  If men can enter women's locker rooms because they feel like women, then why can't a 25-year-old get Social Security benefits because he feels 65?  How can you logically argue for one but not the other?  Sadly, I wouldn't be surprised in the least if this exact scenario played out in the next 25 years.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2008, 06:30:14 AM »
Well, they say that heavy drug use and anger tend to age one significantly faster than normal, Id have to agree, especially at The DUmp

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2008, 11:33:12 AM »
After two back surgeries and knee surgery, I am 35 but feel 55 at times. Does that mean I should be getting a check :mental:

Granted my condition was based on the fact that I had no self control and let myself get to be 460 lbs. (Now I am down to 240) but hey, the governement can save me from myself right???

I don't know, maybe I will just try to keep doing this without the gov. I seem to be doing a much better job. I really think that the goal of some of the DUmmies is just to get the government to pay for their life. What a sad exisitance if that is what their goal in life is.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2008, 02:34:00 PM »
Or a 15-year-old who believes he's 21 so he can buy carloads of alcohol!

Of course, this brings up a legitimate point.  If your gender is decided not by your anatomy and DNA, but by what you feel your gender is, then why not age, too?  If men can enter women's locker rooms because they feel like women, then why can't a 25-year-old get Social Security benefits because he feels 65?  How can you logically argue for one but not the other?  Sadly, I wouldn't be surprised in the least if this exact scenario played out in the next 25 years.

oh i doubt it will take that long. NAMBLA is already angling to get the consent ages lowered so children can have sex with any adult they choose .. people have married animals in the past few years.

this wont shock me in the least; its another one of those issues science cant prove or disprove.

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2008, 02:44:34 PM »
eh, I was always older than I was as a child. But it had more to do with being raised on a farm with mostly adults as friends. Our little school had 16 kids, kindergarden to 7th grade.

My mother taught us latin, piano, and classical literature in grade school. (she was a teacher). In those days we had two TV channels, NBC out of Scottsbluff, NE, and PBS out of Merriman, NE. Watched a lot of PBS.

As I got older my age remained about the same, I suppose. Now I don't feel mid-fourties. Maybe mid-twenties, except that I am sick, and can't physically do everything I want to do, or used to be able to do.

Nurture vs nature. Old story.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Theophilus

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2008, 08:23:52 PM »
Yes, "transagers" are quite common.....

in the 34th Dimension that I originally hail from.... ::)

But Officer, she Acts 18...
They scratch the scandals in the twilight
She was laughing like a Horae
Put that knee in dour landslide
Take this step to dash a roving eye
It's so much more attractive inside the moral kiosk - REM

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2008, 08:33:45 PM »
Yes, "transagers" are quite common.....

in the 34th Dimension that I originally hail from.... ::)

But Officer, she Acts 18...

LOOKs 18.... come on, man...get the story straight.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!