Author Topic: How can we NOT laugh at them?  (Read 1588 times)

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
How can we NOT laugh at them?
« on: February 09, 2008, 02:25:48 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2839813

xultar  (1000+ posts)         Sat Feb-09-08 02:59 PM
Original message
Preparing for the oncoming depression. ... What are you doing to prepare?
   I'm pretty frightened out of my tiny mind about what is about to come down the pike.

How are you preparing? Maybe your preparations can help me get prepared. Also how are you preparing for your pets?

:loser:

Billy Burnett (760 posts)        Sat Feb-09-08 03:01 PM
Response to Original message
2. Guns. Lots of them.
   I'm surrounded by armed knuckle-dragging freepers.

You will lose.  :lmao:

peace13  (1000+ posts)         Sat Feb-09-08 03:11 PM
Original message
The thought has occurred to me that a few jugs of something
   buried out back might not be a back idea. LOL!
What exactly is a "back" idea?  :loser:

fenriswolf  (1000+ posts)        Sat Feb-09-08 03:04 PM
6. grandma has an empty room we can always use
   I'm sure you will see alot of family consolidation going around. time for big family homes again.

So now it will be grandmas basement.

peace13  (1000+ posts)         Sat Feb-09-08 03:08 PM
12. Making my footprint on the earth smaller.
   Consolidate home and office, emergency generator, RO water purifier, some food in store, increase garden size and plant fruit trees. If things continue the way they are my family will take the concealed carry classes and learn about proper gun handling(hope I don't have to go this far). I am trying to make a spot in the house to accommodate other family members should an emergency arise. Until then I continue to call my representative, speak out and demonstrate against the war to try and get this ship turned around. As 'Dr, Phil' might ask, 'How's that workin' for you?'...not so good. Peace, Kim

Warpy  (1000+ posts)         Sat Feb-09-08 03:09 PM
13. No debt   
   That's the key. Debt is going to be pure poison.

The first thing that will happen is steep inflation. People will be able to buy only enough food to keep themselves alive. The rest of the budget is going to go to servicing their debt. Eventually the debt will take over and they'll lose everything.

Y'all are going to have to learn how to cook if you want to get through this one. Learning how to fix your clothes when they start to wear out is an added advantage, especially for kids. Kids will actually like the patches if you make them in interesting shapes.

Face it, the rich have sold us their snake oil again and enough of us bought it that we're all going to get badly hurt. There is no way around it except to be as generous to each other as we can. Barter what you've got to offer and be generous to folks who are hurting so bad they have little to bargain with. We're all going to be in it together and it's going to be worldwide. There will be no place to outrun it.

Not even the CEOs who bailed out on platinum parachutes and landed on Roatan Island are going to escape.
:ohnoes: :ohnoes: :ohnoes:
Mystery2Me (199 posts)        Sat Feb-09-08 03:16 PM
24. The US will never see a depression like we saw in the 20's
   there are built-in safety valves now that we didn't have then.
Ruh-roh,somebody is thinking on their own....can`t have that.

Finnfan  (1000+ posts)         Sat Feb-09-08 03:19 PM
Response to Reply #24
27. Please do a little research.
   Most of the "safety valves" have been systematically removed over the past decade in the name of "deregulation."

In other words..."Get thee back into the proper panic,despair,misery and depression that is required in DUmmiethink".

Jackasses all of them.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: How can we NOT laugh at them?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2008, 02:35:04 PM »
<5% unemployment.  Nearly 5% GDP growth.  The sky is falling! The sky is falling!
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2008, 02:35:49 PM »
What the hell are these people talking about? Did I miss another disaster with dire consequences?

Cindie
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Happy Fun Ball

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2008, 02:41:34 PM »

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2008, 02:43:31 PM »
peace13  (1000+ posts)         Sat Feb-09-08 03:08 PM
12. Making my footprint on the earth smaller.
   Consolidate home and office, emergency generator, RO water purifier, some food in store, increase garden size and plant fruit trees. If things continue the way they are my family will take the concealed carry classes and learn about proper gun handling(hope I don't have to go this far). I am trying to make a spot in the house to accommodate other family members should an emergency arise. Until then I continue to call my representative, speak out and demonstrate against the war to try and get this ship turned around. As 'Dr, Phil' might ask, 'How's that workin' for you?'...not so good. Peace, Kim

DUmbass..... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :mental:

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2008, 02:47:23 PM »
What the hell are these people talking about? Did I miss another disaster with dire consequences?

Cindie

Just the one in their heads, but I wouldn't go there..... :-)

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline jukin

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2008, 03:17:21 PM »
Thank god adults run the world.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2008, 04:00:23 PM »
Billy Burnett (760 posts)        Sat Feb-09-08 03:01 PM
2. Guns. Lots of them.
   I'm surrounded by armed knuckle-dragging freepers.

Make nice with them and maybe they will only eat you one bit at a time when the world ends.  :-)

In case you didnt get the joke I borrowed it from this, http://www.3men.com/pigjokes.htm#The%20Brave%20Pig

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.