Author Topic: my fellow alum Skins gets his ass kicked  (Read 1573 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
my fellow alum Skins gets his ass kicked
« on: February 08, 2008, 11:47:26 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2831305

Oh my.

Buddyblazon (1000+ posts)      Thu Feb-07-08 05:15 PM
Original message

WTF has happened to DU? ......Rant.

I have been here for a long time.

I don't post much anymore.

I just read a post about new posters actually crying.

Get the hell out of politics if a message board makes you cry. What type of wimps are we attracting?

As you can see by my post count...I have been committed to the Democratic Party for at least several years. And I was fairly committed to DU for years. In all actuality, I have ALWAYS voted for the Democratic candidates.

But DU has just gotten too whiny and full of wimps in the past few years.

Our party is at a crossroads where we have an opportunity to attract literally millions of constituents that have never voted for a Democrat. And we've got people crying and whining like children.

Suck it up and show some ****ing backbone for christ sakes. You can still care about the well being of Americans without being wimps.

Maybe it's because I'm a Union member...meat-eating...gun-toting (not really...but all my friends are gun-lovers and hunters) Democrat. But watching the way DU has evolved is just pathetic and I can guarantee that there are many out there that would likely come to our party...but watch our "poor me" pity party....and they just get turned off.

Stand up straight. Quite crying. Stick your chest out. Pound it a little. Show some pride and guts....and finally...stop crying over stuff people say to you on a message board.

End of rant.

Flame away.

It's a pretty big bonfire.

Myrina (1000+ posts)      Thu Feb-07-08 05:18 PM
Response to Original message

2. I've been around a long time...

... and while you do have a point, this place is considerably more full of obnoxious assholes lately than it has been in the past.

Mojorabbit  (1000+ posts)      Thu Feb-07-08 11:48 PM
Response to Reply #2

83. I finally figured out the ignore feature. It has helped tremendously.

Skinner ADMIN  (1000+ posts)       Thu Feb-07-08 05:25 PM

7. I know I'll get my ass kicked for saying this, but what the heck...

It's a breath of fresh air to see a "what's happening to DU" rant that isn't complaining about trolls and Dem bashing and primary infighting.

Not saying those other threads don't have a point. But I guess I appreciate hearing a different complaint every now and again.

It's primary season. Things tend to get ugly. DU will survive just fine.

Skinner ADMIN  (1000+ posts)       Thu Feb-07-08 05:27 PM
Response to Reply #8

10. Hey, don't hold back.

Nobody else is.

Skinner ADMIN  (1000+ posts)       Thu Feb-07-08 05:33 PM
Response to Reply #12

19. Oh, boy! A *drunken* rant. That's even better!

Might even raise the level of discourse around here.

Hmm.  One finds Freudian signifance in the above remark by my fellow alum.

Perhaps an ironic subconscious reference to the Bostonian Drunkard nearly two years ago?

Skinner ADMIN  (1000+ posts)       Thu Feb-07-08 05:31 PM
Response to Reply #11

15. I'm checking in to the discussions a lot these days.

I'm lovin' primary season. Really like both candidates, and I think the campaign is incredibly exciting. After eight years of bullcrap, it's finally fun to be a liberal political junkie again.

Alas, poor Skins.....November's nine months away.  We'll see.  Alas! poor Skins!

And then this interesting squibble-squabble between two primitives:

Buddyblazon (1000+ posts)      Thu Feb-07-08 05:26 PM

9. Maybe it's because I live in Colorado...but there are a lot of Democrats (old school democrats) who own guns...who hunt...who are blue collar...who go to church...who chew tobacco...smoke. These are the majority of Democrats I see. These are the Democrats I'm surrounded by.

And I know that many in this region are the same way.

I refrain from language that would offend people on here. But why? Our of fear of offending wussies? WTF? It's even changing the way I act. I am being wussified myself.

Now...can't wait to see responses from all the people offended by the word "wussy".

Dhalgren  (1000+ posts)       Thu Feb-07-08 05:39 PM
Response to Reply #9

23. My, aren't you the macho one? You must have a really big dick!

It sure shows lots of guts to throw your weight around on a message board! I've been a Democrat since 1972. I've belonged to unions, worked in steel mills, cooperages, warehouses and other jobs. I grew up with gun-totting, tobacco-chewing rednecks and you can have them. Showing guts doesn't mean having a loud mouth. Having a backbone doesn't mean being a blowhard. Sounds to me like that "wussy" stuff was just a lot of projection - look it up.

Now, why don't you go and tell that bunch of knuckle-dragging, mouth-breathers you hang with how to behave, the rest of us will get along just fine.

Buddyblazon (1000+ posts)      Thu Feb-07-08 05:50 PM
Response to Reply #23

27. The obvious difference between you and I...you obviously don't like the people you surrounded yourself with.

I like them...and that's why I surrounded myself with them.

And one thing I can tell you....just because people tote-guns and are blue collar....it DOES NOT make them a "bunch of knuckle-dragging, mouth-breathers" as you put it. While you judge them by their appearance...I pick my friends on intelligence. I'm glad to say I don't have stupid friends. Every one of them is bright and intelligent.

No sir...what you have just exhibited is the holier than thou, elitist attitude that our opponents paint us with.

Way to live up to stereo-type. It's this attitude that keeps the Democratic Party from demolishing the Republicans for the next 50 years.

And having a backbone at the very least means not crying on a message board...at the very least.

Dhalgren  (1000+ posts)       Thu Feb-07-08 06:28 PM
Response to Reply #27

32. I didn't "surround" myself with these people, I grew up among them.

I have since removed myself from their company. You are the one who began the "stereotyping"; castigating those whom you consider to be "wussies" and gutless and wimps. Not like your gun-toters and your meat-eaters, and your animal-killers. They're the "real" Democrats, who won't embarrass you in front of your "independent" voting friends - people who you believe would vote for Republicans just because Democrats come off as weak or sissies.

If a person would choose to support the Republicans just because they considered Democrats to be "wussies", then I do not know how you could consider them "intelligent". All of those Bushdog "Democrats" in the Senate who continually vote with the Republicans strike me as "Democrats" like you and your "intelligent" friends. So, as I said before, save your advice for your "intelligent" friends and leave us poor, dumb, wussies to ourselves - we'll get by some how...now you've done it...you've made me cry...

Buddyblazon (1000+ posts)      Thu Feb-07-08 06:48 PM
Response to Reply #32

37. So let me get this straight...you are offended by the wussy remark. Who cares?

I'm not castigating other democrats...just ones that would cry over something on a message board...which according to you that said, "you've made me cry"...is you. So I see why you're offended.

And my friends are not "Independent" voters as you put it....they're are Blue Dog Democrats. Don't assume.

And the people I'm talking about are not my friends...they are 1/3 of the population that consider themselves Independents. Do they often pick their candidates based on stupid reasons? Absolutely. But that's not me. These are people I don't know. Do I agree with their reasons for voting for someone? Sometimes yes...sometimes no.

But if you're saying you don't want these people votes because you think they're dumb...then you my friend...are an elitist.

I believe you have absolutely horrific reading comprehension. Some of the worst I've ever come upon. I really didn't think my post was that difficult to comprehend. Everybody else seemed to understand it...EXCEPT you.

But I see why you are so pissed off. I've made you cry...you admitted it. I'm sorry you're a wussy. Must make life tough.

And so it goes; like I said, it's a big bonfire.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline The Night Owl

• Banned
Re: my fellow alum Skins gets his ass kicked
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2008, 11:54:13 AM »
Buddyblazon has a point. If I see just one more thread at DU titled Today, I Cried or something to that effect, I'm going to cry.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2008, 11:56:24 AM by The Night Owl »
Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2008, 11:55:22 AM »
Skinner ADMIN  (1000+ posts)       Thu Feb-07-08 05:25 PM

7. I know I'll get my ass kicked for saying this, but what the heck...

It's a breath of fresh air to see a "what's happening to DU" rant that isn't complaining about trolls and Dem bashing and primary infighting.

Not saying those other threads don't have a point. But I guess I appreciate hearing a different complaint every now and again.

It's primary season. Things tend to get ugly. DU will survive just fine.

Skinner ADMIN  (1000+ posts)       Thu Feb-07-08 05:27 PM
Response to Reply #8

10. Hey, don't hold back.

Nobody else is.

Skinner ADMIN  (1000+ posts)       Thu Feb-07-08 05:33 PM
Response to Reply #12

19. Oh, boy! A *drunken* rant. That's even better!

Might even raise the level of discourse around here.

Wait a damn minute..............I remeber this all most word for word by a southern fried reptile  :whatever:
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Online jukin

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2008, 12:10:40 PM »
More proof that male liberals are girly men.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2008, 12:21:13 PM »
Buddy reminds me of the Democrats of old. The ones that I could actually tolerate.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2008, 01:13:50 PM »
Myrina (1000+ posts)      Thu Feb-07-08 05:18 PM

2. I've been around a long time...

... and while you do have a point, this place is considerably more full of obnoxious assholes lately than it has been in the past.

I'll have you know that my current mole accounts out number those of the past so I can agree with your observations.
Additionally, in my other life, I wear the moniker of DUmmy "obnoxious asshole" proudly.
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2008, 05:46:09 PM »
Admit it Skinner, your board is full of Trolls and EmoCrats. And Tombstones. Other than a dwindling few sane folks who seem to be willing to go down with the ship, your board adds nothing to any of the internets other than a large bullseye to its back.

Like an clogged Cesspool, you need to purge the crap from it before it works as intended. But, hey, If you did that, who would we laugh at ?

Offline The Night Owl

• Banned
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2008, 06:00:16 PM »
I'll have you know that my current mole accounts out number those of the past so I can agree with your observations.
Additionally, in my other life, I wear the moniker of DUmmy "obnoxious *******" proudly.

You have multiple accounts at DU? I highly doubt that.
Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas