Author Topic: The More I Know About Huckabee the Less I Like Him  (Read 6276 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
The More I Know About Huckabee the Less I Like Him
« on: January 06, 2008, 11:58:09 AM »
Last night in the debate he said he was pro-surge in Iraq. Yet...

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLquRK7sNs0[/youtube]

This guy talks out both sides of his face and his ass all at the same time with Clintonian ease.

Our best hope is he implodes and Thompson's consistent placing moves him to the forefront.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline RightCoast

• Semper Fi means more than most will ever know
Re: The More I Know About Huckabee the Less I Like Him
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2008, 09:18:33 PM »
I can't really see Huck going very far and I'd be suprised if he can sustain any type of lead.  I think in the end it'll be close between Romney & Fred, I think it'll go either way.
nine eleven is a car
nine one one is an emergency service
September 11, 2001 was an attack
Never Forget, or Minimize.

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2008, 09:27:30 PM »
That's exactly right, Snuggles....the guy says whatever is pleasing to hear to his audience, and I see right through that. He also always seems to have the right answers.

Fred is The One.
"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me to try to change it."

Barack Obama

Offline ToastedRachel

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2008, 04:42:23 AM »
I know in my brain, I think, that I shouldn't like him. But I can't help it. The guy is very likeable. And God, would I love the Fair Tax to happen. He obviously doesn't know anything about foreign policy though. I like how his wife looks like everyone's aunt that never got married and has five cats. She's not fancy or polished. She looks like she buys Kit 'n Kaboodle when its on sale. I wouldn't mind a first lady like that.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2008, 09:44:10 AM »
My money is on Fred. I'm hoping that once all of the sideshow acts move along, people will start paying attention to the real talent. Sigh!
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2008, 10:51:40 AM »
I know in my brain, I think, that I shouldn't like him. But I can't help it. The guy is very likeable. And God, would I love the Fair Tax to happen. He obviously doesn't know anything about foreign policy though. I like how his wife looks like everyone's aunt that never got married and has five cats. She's not fancy or polished. She looks like she buys Kit 'n Kaboodle when its on sale. I wouldn't mind a first lady like that.

LOL.....you make me laugh.

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2008, 11:14:41 AM »

according to iowa exit polls, his primary supporters are rural female evangelicals under 30 with a household income under $30K, and most of those under $15K.   nothing against that group of people, but I don't think it's what you would call a winning national support base.

I could be wrong, but I think huckleberry is a flash in the pan.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2008, 11:25:26 AM »
I think he's tracking well with Evangelicals period. He's got my mom snowed. She is certainly over 30 and certainly in a higher income bracket. Of course my mom (and rest of the family) live in the Bible Belt - nothing wrong with that - I just get the distinct vibe they have forgotten all about that other "Christian Southerner" - Carter.

Thank God (pun!) that my dad, brother and other assorted relatives seem to be looking at little closer at STFUabee.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2008, 12:32:22 PM »
I think he's tracking well with Evangelicals period. He's got my mom snowed. She is certainly over 30 and certainly in a higher income bracket. Of course my mom (and rest of the family) live in the Bible Belt - nothing wrong with that - I just get the distinct vibe they have forgotten all about that other "Christian Southerner" - Carter.

Thank God (pun!) that my dad, brother and other assorted relatives seem to be looking at little closer at STFUabee.

I was just pointing out that his exit polls in iowa didn't look as encouraging as one may think.

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2008, 12:58:06 PM »
He got nailed in the FNC debate last night for this very thing about the surge. He lacked all self-control on the matter  :poser:
"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me to try to change it."

Barack Obama

Offline ToastedRachel

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2008, 01:00:48 PM »
My mother is a Dem and she likes STFUabee. LOL, she thinks Bush is trying to create an oil empire. I'm pretty sure she was the target audience for Michael Moore's brilliant documentary about 911.  :banghead:

Offline ToastedRachel

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2008, 01:01:43 PM »
Funny smilie, LL.  :-)

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2008, 01:03:23 PM »
Hey, Rachel! I must have missed your welcome thread, but I have come across a couple of your posts that I really got a kick out of. Glad you're here  :cheersmate:

Barack Obama

Offline ToastedRachel

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2008, 01:24:04 PM »
Hey, Rachel! I must have missed your welcome thread, but I have come across a couple of your posts that I really got a kick out of. Glad you're here  :cheersmate:

Hi LL! I like your av.

Offline Uhhuh35

• Subtle Like A Nuclear Weapon
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2008, 02:31:47 PM »
My mother is a Dem and she likes STFUabee. LOL, she thinks Bush is trying to create an oil empire. I'm pretty sure she was the target audience for Michael Moore's brilliant documentary about 911.  :banghead:

LOL! Ask yer mother why Bush was talking about "alternative" energy sources at the press conference today.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
— Albert Einstein.