Author Topic: Why I'm Homeless -- Necessarily Long, but I hope instructive...  (Read 5540 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Re: Why I'm Homeless -- Necessarily Long, but I hope instructive...
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2008, 06:25:31 PM »
It is not even willing to donate time to help build its own home.  How sad.  Never the once saying it is not physically able.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Ree

• It's Ree...
  • 100+ pounds lighter.. Ain't I hot
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2008, 11:25:06 PM »
How many years does it take to get your shit together and get off welfare? 
2 years to get a AAS degree
I lived in section 8 housing during school. I don't know what this person is talkin about. I NEVER seen the manager unless I was payin rent.
But I stayed in my apt or at school...didn't want to know my neighbors.
In Tennessee. I came down here to get warm,froze my arse off since I got here..
Just my luck... ;-P

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2008, 08:31:21 AM »
Well, the story was long, but I wouldn't say it was necessary or instructive.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2008, 09:48:29 AM »
A throw away with an internet connection.  :whatever: Even if he/she is surfing from a public terminal, there's no excuse for not looking for a damned job!!! Close DU and get on a job site or take some free online courses!!! One must assume that he/she is reasonably clean and presentable too. I can't imagine the public library putting up with smelly vagrants browsing online.

I've seen bobolink around DU for some time.  She says she uses the local library's computer to access DU.  I'm not sure of her whole story, this is the first time I've seen her mention her child was kidnapped.  I don't know what her disability is.  I'm conflicted by her.  I want to have compassion, but like the Habitat for Humanity thread, she's upset with anyone that doesn't directly address her needs.  With Section 8, she has an address, she's not living on the streets.  She can get a job.  She can do something to better her situation.  Shit, flip burgers at McDonalds, they pay above minimum wage.  Do something.  But at the same time, if she has a genuine disability that wouldn't allow her to work, even as a Walmart greeter, then I do have sympathy for her specifically.
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."