Author Topic: U.S. States Most And Least Likely To Survive The Zombie Apocalypse  (Read 1677 times)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Ooooookay . . . I got this from the Urban Survival Site, and the got it from Estately.com . . .

U.S. States Most And Least Likely To Survive The Zombie Apocalypse

Ryan Nickum     Mar 24                                             Lists + Maps     Ultimate Lists

Given the growing frequency with which zombies appear in movies, TV shows, and your worst nightmares, it’s inevitable the zombie apocalypse will soon be upon us. When it comes to surviving this inevitable showdown with the undead, location is everything. Do you live in a state populated with zealous zombie fighters capable of beating back hordes of brain-hungry walking dead? Estately answered this question with its Zombie Apocalypse Preparedness Rankings, which were determined using the 11 metrics below that measure fighting ability, knowledge of zombies, physical fitness, and access to weapons…

Active Military Personnel:  States with more soldiers per capita means states with more people who are physically fit, trained to fight, and have access to weapons (source).
2.Military Veterans: Percentage of veterans per capita is a solid way of measuring fighting experience (source).
3.Physically Active:  States with residents who rarely get out of their Laz-E-Boy will not escape the zombie menace (source).
4.Martial Arts Enthusiasts:  Hand-to-hand combat is an important skill when the ammo runs out (source—percentage of Facebook users who listed “martial arts” as an interest).

The rest of the list, as well as the rankings, are here: 

http://blog.estately.com/2014/03/u-s-states-ranked-from-most-to-least-prepared-for-the-zombie-apocalypse/

Yes, my state deserves its' ranking.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: U.S. States Most And Least Likely To Survive The Zombie Apocalypse
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2016, 02:17:35 PM »
Doomed.

The Tennessee Zombie Response Unit has its work cut out for it because the rest of state is ill prepared to battle the undead. Tennesseans should abandon their company softball teams and form paintball teams instead.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2016, 05:37:25 PM »
I think the real criteria would be 'Least populated and most guns' would be the most successful, some of those criteria look silly to me, like 'Hand to hand combat training' which is just a terrible idea with zombies since you'd get infected if you busted some knuckle skin on them or hit them in the face (If that would even stop them anyway).

So, to my mind, a lot like food riots or social collapse, really...and after all, 'Zombie apocalypse' is so often used as a euphemism for that kind of thing.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2016, 07:21:21 AM »
I think the real criteria would be 'Least populated and most guns' would be the most successful, some of those criteria look silly to me, like 'Hand to hand combat training' which is just a terrible idea with zombies since you'd get infected if you busted some knuckle skin on them or hit them in the face (If that would even stop them anyway).

So, to my mind, a lot like food riots or social collapse, really...and after all, 'Zombie apocalypse' is so often used as a euphemism for that kind of thing.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking.  But, it said 'zombies,' so I put it here instead of the Living Off-Grid forum.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline nomad54

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2016, 04:53:19 PM »
I'm toast, 48th. 

Bet if we cut NYC out of our state though, we'd do better. :wink: