Author Topic: Ford sends new convertible to Europe. US market gets warmed-over crap.  (Read 2918 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
2008 Ford Focus Coupe-Cabriolet Revealed Before Geneva Motor Show

:banghead:

Why?  Why do they do this?  This is the 2008 Ford Focus being sold in the United States:

Bland.  Unappealing.  Boring.  Looks like last year's model. 

*yawn*

This is the 2008 Ford Focus being sold in Europe:

HOLY CRAP, IT'S A CONVERTIBLE!  And it looks good.  At least it looks good compared to the dullsville sedan-omatic US customers will not be buying.  If the board of directors at Ford are scratching their heads wondering why their US market share is evaporating, this would be a good place to start looking.  To make things even more unfair, there will probably be a diesel version sold overseas.  With a turbo.  Forget the Prius, if you want 50 mpg in a small car that you can actually drive, drop a turbo diesel where the four-banger used to be.

This car shares a chassis with the Mazda3 and Volvo's new small car, so at least they can't screw that up.

gallery
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

Re: Ford sends new convertible to Europe. US market gets warmed-over crap.
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 07:30:58 PM »
2008 Audi Super Bowl Commercial

For the people that missed it...

[youtube=425,350]LJO3N5-fAHk[/youtube]

I'm surprised nobody started a Superbowl Commercial thread in the lounge.  They must not have been that memorable that year because I didn't hear one word about them on the radio.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008, 08:05:03 PM »
That convertible sure is cute!   The Euros and Aussies get all the good cars.   :(

Offline RightCoast

• Semper Fi means more than most will ever know
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008, 10:22:47 PM »
That car is hawt.

My boss just picked up a new RS4 convertible, I get very jelous of the speed - not the $1500/  mo payment.
nine eleven is a car
nine one one is an emergency service
September 11, 2001 was an attack
Never Forget, or Minimize.