Author Topic: Ronbot Plot to hijack the GOP convention: Stealth Delegates.  (Read 1538 times)

Offline Mr Mannn

Ronbot Plot to hijack the GOP convention: Stealth Delegates.
« on: February 06, 2008, 07:54:40 PM »
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=114257
They actually think Republicans will rally around a coup attempt at the convention.
They will get their members elected delegates to represent the states, and vote for Paul at the convention. 
greeksta59 
 HERE IS THE DELEGATE PROCESS...from an official campaign coordinator
I am an official coordinator for the campaign here is the delegate process with a brief explanation of what a delegate is at the begining.

Everyone - when a candidate wins delegates by winning a primary that does not mean there are actual people won acting as delegates- these are virtual delegates.

What do I mean by virtual delegates: A virtual delegate is just a number - there are no actual people YET that will go and vote for the candidate who won the particular state at the national convention. We call these people convention delegates

The actual delegates are voted on (in most states) at a statewide delegate caucus after the Primary (which is just a giant preference poll) Who can be delegates? Anyone. In closed Primary states they must be registered Republicans, in Open Primary states they can be Republicans, Democrats, Independents.

In our Missouri county we had about 25,000 vote on the Republican side last night in the Primary but in the last delegate caucus 4 years ago there were less than 150 people that showed up to become delegates. DO YOU GET IT

Normally Convention Delegates do not matter because the convention is not brokered and we have a clear winner. BUT THIS YEAR IS DIFFERENT. Do you see how the ronpaul campaign strategy will work.

Most people have no idea how this works, not even the media.

It is not advertised much, maybe just a single newspaper ad.

to learn how to become a convention delegate contact your local Ron Paul coordinator. (NOT YOUR MEETUP ORGANIZOR)

STEP1. Contact your OFFICIAL Ron Paul Coordinator for your state. go to www.ronpaul2008.com

STEP2 Your State Coordinator will tell you when and where your
county caucus is to become a delegate or where to vote for a Ron Paul Delegate and who to contact prior to the county caucus.

STEP3 At the caucus you will vote for or run for a delegate position
to your STATE Republican Convention. Some state have District Caucuses between the county caucus and the State Convention.
The object is to get more Ron Paul supporters from every county to the district Caucus or State Convention.

STEP5 Attend the state convention as a delegate to choose
NATIONAL delegates to the Republican National Convention in Minnesota. These will be the delegates that are bound to vote for whoever won your state ON THE FIRST VOTE.

STEP6 The NATIONAL delegates elected at your state convention will vote in Minnesota for the Republican Nominee. If after the first vote no candidate gets 51% of the vote, then the National Delegates from your state are free to vote for whoever they want.
These will be Ron Paul supporters because you showed up to vote for them to become delegates or you are a delegate.

I hope this helps

http://www.dailypaul.com/node/34640

StopTheNWO 
Yep, like someone said, we can "hijack" the nomination through educated supporters. If you have not put yourself on your local ballot as a delegate, do it now. There are some counties near me where not a single person out of the 30 or 40 delegate slots has signed up to be on the ballot. If i can find 30 RP supporters to fill out 1 form, that is 30 RP supporters who go to my state convention and vote on a smaller group of delegates to go to national.

Mass Media will shit their pants once RP wins the nomination.
misterbig 
Needless to say, wear a f---ing suit and tie at all times during the delegate selection process...
« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 08:02:31 PM by Mr Mannn »

Offline Lord Undies

Re: Ronbot Plot to hijack the GOP convention: Stealth Delegates.
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 08:00:18 PM »
Bradley in DC 

It's a load of crap. How many threads have you seen here where Ron Paul supporters are publicly filed with state Secretaries of State and often times have their own names appear on the ballot? (I am also a publicly named delegate candidate for Dr. Paul). We are not "virtual" delegates.

It's still a load of crap no matter how many times they repost it.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=104384

There are repeated posts about Dr. Paul becoming the Republican presidential nominee in a brokered convention. Most of them are promoting bad information. Here are the actual rules:

Rules "binding" delegates are determined by the states: some delegates are not bound at all, others for the first few votes (first, second or third), while other states bind their delegates until they are released.

In order to be eligible to be nominated at all [RNC Rule 40(b)], one requirement is to win the majority of delegates in five states (including DC and territories, RNC Rule 27).

In addition, any "poser" strategies urge illegal behavior. Ignore it, don't go to jail, you wouldn't be recognized at the national convention anyway.

This one must be RonPaulForum's version of OperationMindCrime.

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 08:03:21 PM »

You beat me to the punch.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008, 08:05:32 PM »

You beat me to the punch.

Bradley In DC is being ignored by the Dr. Nutzhouse patients, of course.   His post doesn't keep the dream alive.

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2008, 08:09:41 PM »
Ah, man! I was waxing up my riot stick and polishing up my jackboots!
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!