Author Topic: WAIT! I thought We didn't torture! I guess our troops can be tortured too then?  (Read 1458 times)

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
Oh **** off  :hammer:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2826840

babsbunny  (1000+ posts)      Wed Feb-06-08 05:14 PM
Original message
WAIT! I thought We didn't torture! I guess our troops can be tortured too then?
 Advertisements [?]http://www.rawstory.com/news/mochila/White_House_defend...

White House Defends Technique Known As Waterboarding; Senate Democrats Demand Probe

JENNIFER LOVEN
AP News

Feb 06, 2008 16:37 EST

The White House on Wednesday defended the use of the interrogation technique known as waterboarding, saying it is legal — not torture as critics argue — and has saved American lives. President Bush could authorize waterboarding for future terrorism suspects if certain criteria are met, a spokesman said.

A day earlier, the Bush administration acknowledged publicly for the first time that the tactic was used by U.S. government questioners on three terror suspects. Testifying before Congress, CIA Director Michael Hayden said Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, Abu Zubayda and Abd al-Rahim al-Nashiri were waterboarded in 2002 and 2003.

Waterboarding involves strapping a suspect down and pouring water over his cloth-covered face to create the sensation of drowning. It has been traced back hundreds of years, to the Spanish Inquisition, and is condemned by nations around the world

They are not going to let this go until..................well hell freezes over. This is one of the main reasons I never want a liberal anything in charge of the defense of this country...............dumbasses

NightWatcher  (1000+ posts)       Wed Feb-06-08 05:17 PM
Response to Original message
1. we just admitted that we torture. why has the Pres not been taken into custody?
 did we just not pay attention because of super tuesday, britney spears......

Taken into custody for WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

malaise  (1000+ posts)      Wed Feb-06-08 05:23 PM
Response to Reply #1
3. Bush and Cheney should be on their way to the Hague
 about now

When will it get through your poo flinging primitive idjit heads.........................WE DON"T CARE ABOUT THE INTERNATIONAL COURT AS WE AREN'T MEMBERS

tekisui  (1000+ posts)      Wed Feb-06-08 05:20 PM
2. k,r, and ARREST!

blah.....blah

leftofthedial (1000+ posts)      Wed Feb-06-08 05:26 PM
4. torturing our troops is fine now
 the repukes are good with it \

and so are a number of "democrats"

No it's not fine now.......never has been fine

Solly Mack  (1000+ posts)       Wed Feb-06-08 05:30 PM
5. And can't you just hear the mock outrage coming from the mouths 
 of those who support America torturing people?

The same people in DC defending/enabling/turning a blind eye to torture now will be all over the TV talking about how outraged they are and how horrible it is....

Like they give a ****

vmaus (435 posts)      Wed Feb-06-08 05:32 PM
6. A test for whether or not waterboarding is torture - 
 First test - If an interrogation technique simulates drowning, it is not torture.

Second test - If being subjected to waterboarding causes long lasting psychological and emotional trauma and damage, it is not torture.

Third - If the process of being waterboarded can result in the death or execution of the subject, it is not torture.

Forth - If international law classifies waterboarding as torture, it is not torture.

Fifth - If the People of the United States do not impeach and prosecute it's elected leaders and representatives who allow and condone the use of waterboarding as an accepted method of interrogation of prisoners, then it is not torture.

Sixth - If our soldiers are captured and tortured, then that is torture and those monsters should be hunted down an brought to justice.

Are we clear on the definition of waterboarding, now?

Oh the hell with it.............
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
They sure are concerned with the comfort and well-being of terrorists. One would almost think they supported them in other ways, too. Nahhh, that couldn't be, could it? ::)

And BTW, if you DUmbasses think that a terrorist's decision on how to treat a captive is informed in any way, any way at all by how we treat our prisoners, you're stupider than you look, and that's saying something. These guys wrote the book on torture, abuse and murder long before any of their guys fell into our hands.
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline Lord Undies

Maybe our President can meet with the President of the Republic of Terrorstan and work out a peace accord between our two nations.   

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
I question the patriotism of the DUmmies. Or the Primitives as they are called here.

They complain that working class Republicans and Republicans of Color vote against their own interests by not voting for Democratics but the Primitives are throwing their lot in with Al Qaeda!  :banghead:  I would think even the DUmmie's sense of self-preservation would cause them the throw their lot in with their own country but... :banghead:

It is almost too much to try and think about and I am no stranger to the degenerate thinking of the DUmmies.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline jukin

News Flash, They have been.

Ignorance on the Geneva Conventions is as high as on the constituion or just about anything else.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
I'm waiting for Bugsy to show up in that thread at the DUmp and start his "all soldiers who served in Iraq should be tried as war criminals" crap again.
 :whatever:

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Oh my, does this mean that any of our Soldiers or Marines who get captured by the Taliban or AQ could actually be tortured now instead of receiving their full Geneva PW Convention rights?!?  Oh mercy me!!!

:jerkit:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.