Author Topic: Is Rove behind all the extreme right wingers "hating" McCain  (Read 1479 times)

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
Is Rove behind all the extreme right wingers "hating" McCain
« on: February 06, 2008, 04:26:26 PM »
All hail teh ROVE!!!!!!!!

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2826735

keith the dem  (282 posts)      Wed Feb-06-08 04:57 PM
Original message
Is Rove behind all the extreme right wingers "hating" McCain
 I smell a rat. The goofiest right-wingers like Coulter and Limbaugh don't think that McCain is Conservative enough, so the media will imply that McCain must be a moderate. And they will say that Hillary Obama is a extreme liberal. The "independents" that don't follow politics that seriously will lean toward a moderate.

Check his voting record, check his positions, He is a right wing war mongering monster.

Don't be fooled, We are being had again.

My ass he is

ursi (1000+ posts)       Wed Feb-06-08 04:59 PM
Response to Original message
1. it does seem like a personal grudge feck so it would make sense it came from Rove

Clear Blue Sky (2 posts)      Wed Feb-06-08 05:06 PM
Response to Reply #1
9. Rove
 Bush doesn't like Romney because Romney criticized Bush's immigration plan. McCain was in favor of it. Seems like Rove would warm to McCain before any of the other Republican candidates.

who's mole??

realpolitik  (1000+ posts)       Wed Feb-06-08 05:01 PM
2. If he was not at least approving of it 
 would it be allowed to happen?

Not in the old days, but I gotta believe his capital is low.

wienerdoggie  (1000+ posts)      Wed Feb-06-08 05:03 PM
3. I think they genuinely don't want him. The media wants to use it as
 Edited on Wed Feb-06-08 05:06 PM by wienerdoggie
a way to bolster his "maverick" appeal, because they are totally in the bag for him, especially MSNBC. But conservatives think he shat on the party for MSM love and personal glory one too many times. Their theory is that the only way the media loves you as a Republican is to disagree with the party publicly--McCain does that on some fairly minor issues. He's playing it up, and the media goes along, and real conservatives see him as a traitor and a backstabber.

edit to add: Think of the way Lieberworm shits publicly on the Democratic party. Do you want him as the party standardbearer?

You're an IDJIT

RUMMYisFROSTED (1000+ posts)      Wed Feb-06-08 05:03 PM
4. He makes Shittens look like a Communist.

:thatsright:

Junkdrawer  (1000+ posts)     Wed Feb-06-08 05:04 PM
5. Good guess. I've been saying that McCain's main job will be to rebuild Iraq...
 in preparation for drilling.

Dubya as Bad Cop. McCain as Good Cop.

Lastlaughin08  (1000+ posts)      Wed Feb-06-08 05:04 PM
6. Not so sure - It's so widespread and venomous.
 I think they hate him because he dares to work on legislation (for instance) with the Dems, among other things. The hard right is so over the edge that they can't stand one that doesn't pass the purity test.

OTOH, Fat ass Limbaugh told one caller it'd be OK to vote for McCain if it was to keep Hillary from getting in, but not to consider it as supporting McCain.

I still like see them trashing one of their own.

Ahhh listening to Limbaugh today were we??

wienerdoggie  (1000+ posts)      Wed Feb-06-08 05:05 PM
Response to Reply #6
7. Wrong--read post number 3.

My opinion is the only one that counts................now retract your opinion and join in lockstep.

Alexander (1000+ posts)      Wed Feb-06-08 05:06 PM
8. No, the extremists are trying to get Huckabee as McCain's VP.
 They figure McCain will croak in his first term and Huckabible will be their savior

wienerdoggie  (1000+ posts)      Wed Feb-06-08 05:06 PM
Response to Reply #8
10. Conservatives hate Huckabee. They don't want him either

They can't even understand politics, muuch less their own party.............but know everything about the Republicans................ :rotf:
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
Re: Is Rove behind all the extreme right wingers "hating" McCain
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 04:29:15 PM »
I don't need Rove, or anyone else for that matter, telling me to dislike McCain, the Politician. The ****er does a good enough job of it as it is.

DUmmies projecting, yet again.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Lauri

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 04:36:46 PM »
anybody around 40 or so will remember how angry and vindictive McCain was after losing the nomination to GW back in 2000. he actually is our parties Lieberman and for that reason alone, a lot of us dont trust him. his voting record before 2000 may have been more conservative but since 2000 he has gone against our best interests, including trying to shove Amnesty down our throats - and none of us have forgotten that.

hell, its only been a year since he tried that Amnesty crapolla... the American public stopped that dead in its tracks and I am a bit sullen that they've forgotten this in the states that keep giving McCain the delegates.

but I cannot vote for Hillary or Obama due to the Supreme Court issues..

at this point, I'm really hoping a backlash erupts against McCain and we broker a deal with someone else..

as for Rove? I think he could care less.. he didnt seem all that passionate about any of the GOPers last night on FOX.. he was making notes, but he isnt all that fired up. And he shouldnt be..

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008, 04:52:40 PM »
I figured it was a matter of time before a DUmmy created a "Brer Rabbit" conspiracy theory around McCan't

Offline jukin

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2008, 06:03:42 PM »
McCain's actions are behind the "hating" of McCain.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline DaSaintFan

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2008, 06:28:44 PM »
In the dealership today, there was this older gentlemen, and they had the today show on... and the line came across that McCain would make Cheney look like a "dove" if he was elected.. I'd swear this guy was ready to high-five the television when they made that statement...

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2008, 07:10:10 PM »
RUMMYisFROSTED (1000+ posts)      Wed Feb-06-08 05:03 PM
4. He makes Shittens look like a Communist.
OK, I'll admit I laughed out loud at that one.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.