Author Topic: litigating don primitive has a beef  (Read 2589 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
litigating don primitive has a beef
« on: February 06, 2008, 01:56:00 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2825079

Oh my.

This won't go over good here in the spinal column of America.

donsu  (1000+ posts)      Wed Feb-06-08 11:34 AM
Original message

are you still sure you want to eat beef?

http://www.commondreams.org/archive/2008/02/04/6839 /

Viewers Cringe at Slaughter Video While USDA Spins (mad cow)

You wouldn’t think you could “spin” a video that shows slaughterhouse workers electric shocking downer cows, “water boarding” them, jabbing their eyes with herding paddles and ramming them with forklift blades while they squeal in pain, posted at www.hsus.org, but USDA is trying.

Less than two years after diners in 11 restaurants in nine California counties ate meat from the first US mad cow according to the San Francisco Chronicle, newly appointed US agriculture secretary Mike Johanns who left last year vowed to reverse the ban on downer cattle.

A year into Johanns’ tenure, the Houston Chronicle reported 29 downers untested for mad cow got into in the food supply because inspectors “did not believe that they had the authority” to go into the animals’ pens.

Meat executives tried to claim the animals suffered injury after passing inspection–which would make slaughter legal–but investigators found no records of injuries after arrival for 20 of the downers that ended up on US dinner plates.

There’s also the fact that no one has gotten sick yet, say FSIS officials, deliberately confusing bacteria like e Coli and salmonella which cause treatable conditions that make you sick right away and can be cooked out of food with the mad cow prion which is an untreatable replicating protein that is virtually indestructible and manifests years later.

Then there’s the fact that the downers in the video aren’t battered from unremitting abuse on mega dairy farms which created mad cow disease by feeding dead cows to live ones–a cheap and plentiful protein for rBGH frenzied metabolisms–they just have broken legs and hips from unfortunate accidents, says Peterson.

So well, restaurants who got the meat won’t be notified says Peterson, because, “I have a lot of information from this plant both on the obviously the inspectional side but also plant records…that all point to a singular conclusion that the product coming out of the plant not only meets regulatory requirements but is safe and wholesome.”

We believe their meat is safe because we believe their meat is safe.
--------------------------------

you want to bet the neo cons have their own herds of clean, healthy beef to eat?

I dunno.

L1A1Rocker (168 posts)      Wed Feb-06-08 11:43 AM
Response to Original message

1. Am I still sure I want to eat beef?

Yep!

Then the pro-smoking and anti-smoking primitives squibble-squabble for a bit, after which the bonfire resumes blazing.

mainegreen  (1000+ posts)      Wed Feb-06-08 11:46 AM

3. Sure.

I buy beef from a local guy who lets his cows roam the field eating grass. He breeds his own cattle, and his cattle are butchered buy a local guy up the coast. It's all small scale, and sustainable.

It's also a bit more expensive that store bought beef.

wienerdoggie  (1000+ posts)      Wed Feb-06-08 11:57 AM

4. Mike Johanns, my next Senator? What an asshole.

The Nebraska hot dog primitive is just put out, because the Democrats here have to run an (R) for the U.S. Senate seat, against Michael Johanns, because the Democrats couldn't find anybody else.

Excresence happens.

winter999 (280 posts)      Wed Feb-06-08 12:00 PM

5. How many hundreds of millions of US citizens eat beef and not one case? Seems safer than flying to me. As far as your bet, I'll take you up on that.

donsu  (1000+ posts)      Wed Feb-06-08 12:07 PM
Response to Reply #5

8. there are cases - they call it Alzheimer's and/or give it other names

DadOf2LittleAngels (635 posts)      Wed Feb-06-08 02:19 PM
Response to Reply #8

30. Im sorry this must be the part where you post some kind of scientific proof that beef causes Alzheimer's... (and not hormones and crap that those of us who buy organically dont get)

And then, oh my, a vegan primitive posts something that HAS to be the longest post, ever, posted on Skins's island.  It's miles and miles long.  It makes the Bostonian Drunkard look like the Reader's Digest.

Man, that's a whopper, an elephantine whale, of a post.

I kid you not, but I will spare the reader.

That is one Monster post there.

The rest of the bonfire, minus this simply enormous post by the vegan primitive, shows the primitives being pretty much evenly-split, such as in the Democrats' current dilemma, between the pro-beef primitives and the anti-beef primitives.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
Re: litigating don primitive has a beef
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 03:04:48 PM »
Lorien  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Wed Feb-06-08 12:25 PM
13. NO WAY IN HELL

Keep eating beef and you'll kill yourself while killing the planet. I quit 13 years ago, and here's why:

THAT is the long post.....snipped. All I have to say is....   :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

How many f'n years has the human race, and all other omnivores and carnivores been eating meat? Since the beginning of time? Exactly. Now, I'm sure the primitives are all in love with the theory of evolution and how we came from apes and all. Well, our intelligence spike came from when we became omnivores instead of berry-gathering primitives. A high-protein diet caused our intelligence to increase...but hey, it's only a natural process that DUmmies want to continue dumbing themselves down.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline jukin

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 03:09:48 PM »
Meat is safe. The last big outbreaks were from ORGANIC farm produced vegetables.  Statistically, vegetables, particularly organic, are far more likely to make you sick or dead.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008, 03:14:32 PM »
Meat is safe. The last big outbreaks were from ORGANIC farm produced vegetables.  Statistically, vegetables, particularly organic, are far more likely to make you sick or dead.

All things organic are safe. /DUmmie Mode

If I'm not mistaken, Anthrax is pretty f'n organic.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2008, 03:32:51 PM »
THAT is the long post.....snipped. All I have to say is....   :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Your "snippet" of that is about what, maybe .00327 of 1% of the entire post?

I strongly recommend others to click on the link in the original post, excursioning over to Skins's island to see.

Not to read it--God, we have things to do, and not years to do them--but just to gape at how long it is.

Damn.

After seeing that, I'm the last person who's ever going to call the Bostonian Drunkard "long."

"Tedious" and "boring," yes, but not "long."
apres moi, le deluge

Offline DaSaintFan

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2008, 06:36:48 PM »

So, Lorien copied an entire website's page, and passed it off as his/her own?

"Plagarism - when you're too stupid to put down your own thoughts".

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2008, 06:40:36 PM »

Oh Hell.

It had to be several entire web-sites.

I'm surprised Skins's island could take it, hold it.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline DaSaintFan

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2008, 06:43:05 PM »

Oh Hell.

Nope, Frank.. she/he/it copied One page word for word...  But I'm guessing those fundraisers paid off, cause they didn't wreck the island...

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2008, 06:47:03 PM »
Nope, Frank.. she/he/it copied One page word for word...  But I'm guessing those fundraisers paid off, cause they didn't wreck the island...

What I recall about that Phenomenal Monstrosity this afternoon, when I first bumped into it, was that I put the page on "automatic scroll down," and while it was scrolling down, I managed to de-flea Harold the cat, wash some dishes, fill out six 1040EZs, clip my toenails, make a pizza, and change the sheets on the bed, while it was still scrolling down.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2008, 07:05:26 PM »

Oh Hell.

That link didn`t work for me but also found some of it here.Animal Liberation Front

Word for word on the scroll down section on the home page.