Author Topic: 'Adultery' sisters to be stoned to death in Iran - DUmmie Pretzels  (Read 1441 times)

Offline Lord Undies

Source: Telegraph

Two Iranian sisters convicted of adultery face being stoned to death after the supreme court upheld death sentences against them, Iranian media have reported.

The two sisters were found guilty of adultery - a capital crime in Iran - after the husband of one of the pair presented a video showing them in the company of other men while he was away.

The penal court of Teheran province had already sentenced the sisters, identified only as Zohreh, 27, and Azar, to stoning, the newspaper said.

The Etemad newspaper quoted Jabbar Solati, their lawyer, as saying that the sisters had initially been tried for "illegal relations" and had received 99 lashes. However, they were convicted of "adultery" in a second trial for the same incident.

Read more: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/20...

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x3170623

We have DUmmies twisting themselves into all kinds of inhuman shapes trying to equate Islam and Christianity.  Bless their little ol' pea-pickin' hearts.  It's damn hard to do.  But they try.  Try hard.

Tyler Durden  (1000+ posts)         Wed Feb-06-08 07:34 AM
Response to Original message
2. That whole area of the world has some serious growing up to do.

Yes, it's just a matter of cultural immaturity....But wait:

subsuelo (701 posts)         Wed Feb-06-08 09:49 AM
Response to Reply #2
20. we all do
not any particular region more than another

Yes, throwing rocks at women until they are dead as a punishment for having sex (the Holy Body Function of Liberalism) is the other side of the coin.  "I'd rather be stoned to bloody death than have the USA suffer under the * imperialistic dictatorship!  Waterboarding!"

leftynyc  (1000+ posts)        Wed Feb-06-08 09:53 AM
Response to Reply #20
24. I disagree
While I don't support bombing Iran (what a ridiculous strawman people keep throwing around), I can say, without equivocation, that that part of the world is in serious need on an enlightenment. Stonings, beheadings, death penalty for adultury (even when a woman has been raped), etc. It's like a horror movie - especially for women.

Submariner  (1000+ posts)         Wed Feb-06-08 09:58 AM
Response to Reply #24
27. Civilization needs to abolish christianity, islam and judaism
and dump the myths of imaginary sky-people into the dustbin of history to obtain that enlightenment. Until the myths are destroyed, the religion-justified atrocities like stoning, etc. will continue.

leftynyc  (1000+ posts)        Wed Feb-06-08 10:01 AM
Response to Reply #27
28. Religion isn't going nowhere
There are plenty of religious people who simply have faith and live decent lives. Cultural relativism here is not valid.

Dangerous thinking!!     

The Stranger (1000+ posts)        Wed Feb-06-08 10:10 AM
Response to Reply #28
35. We all know some religious people who lie, wage wars, torture, mass murder, "shock and awe," rape --
-- and do it on a scale that really puts the Iranians' kangaroo courts to shame.

You were saying something about "cultural relatvism."

All things are equal.  All things are equal.  All things are equal.  All things are equal as long as a Republican is in the White House.

Deep13  (1000+ posts)        Wed Feb-06-08 10:17 AM
Response to Reply #35
39. Religious people are mostly good citizens here ...
...But criminals are almost always religious. Rather than holding people accountable to god, religion offers a way to justify anything. Every single child molester I have put away was an avowed Christian.

The point is that if faith is a positive force for good, I have seen no evidence of it.

Criminals are always religious?  Pretzel Time!!!!  Let's see here:

- A Christian going against his faith's teachings by molesting children equals a muslim following his religion by stoning women to death for allowing themselves to be molested.  Yep, that's EQUAL alright!

leftynyc  (1000+ posts)        Wed Feb-06-08 10:57 AM
Response to Reply #35
55. I don't know if you're a man or
a woman but if female, do ask yourself whether you'd rather live in a Muslim country or a Christian one? No freaking contest for this woman.

More dangerous thinking!  Alert!  Alert!

EnviroBat  (1000+ posts)        Wed Feb-06-08 10:07 AM
Response to Reply #27
32. I know exactly what you mean.
All these religions based on the preachings of a person who went off and "had visions". I was researching this Muhammad fellow yesterday. These fanatics have been killing and maiming each other for hundreds and hundreds of years for the teachings of this guy? Some black rock? I wish I could just leave this planet sometimes...

Do the next best thing.  Try suicide.

subsuelo (701 posts)         Wed Feb-06-08 10:03 AM
Response to Reply #24
30. The West creates its own horror movies
While the Iranian version may include stonings and beheadings and awful treatment of women, the West's version includes bombing entire countries in search of precious natural resources. What's worse? It's arguable that the West is worse, but the point here isn't to judge on that - the point is to reiterate that we all have growing up to do, not just Iran or "that part of the world".

This DUmmie doesn't bother to give an example when "the west" has bombed an entire country in search of precious natural resources.  But that's ok.  Since "the west" has done so in this DUmmie's mind, stoning women to death for having sex is A-OK.  It's all equal!

MathGuy (1000+ posts)        Wed Feb-06-08 09:50 AM
Response to Reply #3
21. "you are being manipulated, people"

How?

Did Karl Rove somehow get those women to commit adultery?

Or did he bribe the judges to pass the death sentence?

Karl Rove makes a guest appearance in a DUmmie funny.

rpannier  (1000+ posts)        Wed Feb-06-08 09:30 AM
16. But...but...but this is the exception... and Christians would do it to if they could
   and...and...and

Oh, f**k it. This sh*t is going on in

Afghanistan: Reporter sentences to life in jail for insulting the prophet.

Saudi Arabia: A rape victim was sentenced to 50+ lashes by the court (The King graciously pardoned her)

In Iran they've hanged men for being gay

It's a litany that continues.

I haven't read about a prostitute being executed anywhere in Europe, North America, Japan, Korea or Israel yet.
I haven't read about the government executing anyone for being gay in the above places.

This kind of talk could get this DUmmie stoned to death.

eftynyc  (1000+ posts)        Wed Feb-06-08 09:57 AM
Response to Reply #18
25. Do you not see the difference between
a Christian lunatic who will likely get the death penalty if caught and STATE SPONSORED killings of gays and adulturous women? Sad if you do not.
rateyes  (1000+ posts)         Wed Feb-06-08 10:25 AM
Response to Reply #25
41. Of course I do. I do NOT however see the difference between
Muslims who would do this and Christians who would do this.
TCJ70 (157 posts)       Wed Feb-06-08 11:08 AM
Response to Reply #41
58. You aren't wording it right...
   ...it's muslims who ARE doing this and christians who WOULD do this.

That's the difference.

rateyes  (1000+ posts)         Wed Feb-06-08 09:23 AM
14. Wonder what will happen to the men who committed adultery
with them?

That's one sick justice system. Sounds a lot like ours, when it comes to double-standards, and all.

This DUmmie makes an unintended point when you think about how male molesters and female molesters are treated in this country.

THE THREAD IS WORTH A READ.  I GIVE IT THREE STARS.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: 'Adultery' sisters to be stoned to death in Iran - DUmmie Pretzels
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 11:25:46 AM »
Damn, what a find.

I give it four stars.

It's highly entertaining, watching the primitives tie themselves up into knots.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 11:27:39 AM »
Knots? those are intricate Celtic ones.

leftynyc brushed pretty close to some Truth. That's dangerous in the hive.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008, 11:41:26 AM »
TCJ70 (157 posts)       Wed Feb-06-08 11:08 AM
Response to Reply #41
58. You aren't wording it right...
   ...it's muslims who ARE doing this and christians who WOULD do this.

That's the difference.

I'm not a religious person, but really a pretty tolerant one who over the years has had friends who are Hellfire Baptists, far-left-and-right Catholics, Pagans, Hindus, Jews, Muslims, Cao Dai, Atheists, Buddhists, Ba'hai, and what have you.  I've treated them all with respect and afforded their beliefs the dignity I owed them as fellow humans, and it has worked out pretty well for them and for me.

In all those relationships, I have never run into any Christians who felt this way, or even anyone of a different faith who really, honestly believed Christians thought this way.  Sure, the Christians were against (in principle, if not always in practice, as fallible humans) but NONE of them thought it was society's place to punish any such moral lapses with death or even anything at all beyond shame.

Hell, look at "The Scarlet Letter," shame which in the end was overcome and outweighed by good acts, was the limit for even our most rabid 'Fundie' splinters at the dawn of our country.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2008, 11:50:10 AM »
^exactly. Even the most strident hellfire and brimstone Christians I knew growing up would never advocate violence. The most I ever saw was verbal scorn.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle