Author Topic: lilliputian tom thumb primitive becomes a seer  (Read 1348 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
lilliputian tom thumb primitive becomes a seer
« on: February 06, 2008, 11:33:35 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2822558

Oh my.

The always-hopeful, always-optimistic, lilliputian tom thumb primitive:

ThomWV  (1000+ posts)      Tue Feb-05-08 08:15 PM
Original message

We are going to look just like Iraq before this is all over with

It won't be much different here than there. You know that 'law and order' that every politician ranks as foremost in his mind? There's something about it. You can't have one without the other. When the law goes order can not help but follow. Who is to say that today the United States is a nation of laws? How can such a claim be made when our Chief Executive demands and unchecked commands power only limited by the willingness of our military to obey orders. Our military's leadership has proven themselves to be toads.

Our money has no value, the rest of the world wishes to be shed of it. Were it not for China's persistence in holding its own currency exactly in line with ours so as to promote industrial growth in the mother country we would not even be able to buy the plastic junk that has replaced the American made products your and my fathers turned out.

We can not support ourselves and the world will not continue to support us forever. The Computer Bubble and the Housing Bubble were just warning shocks. The corruption in our Government has gone so deep that the Constitution may not survive. If the Senate is complicit in the Executive's effort to immunize itself from possible prosecution before a Court that the Executive itself appointed then what can be said for "Law"? In a moment's intuition you can see a horrible future.

What does this nation have of value to pay off its debt to the world? Today we sell our agricultural products but that is not enough and what happens the year the crops fail? What do we do the year that we require our own course agricultural products because we are no longer extended the credit to procure the world's delicacies? We will eat corn, that is what we will do. We will eat corn, if we can get it.

Go back and look at the Great Depression. It could happen again.

Thank you for taking the time to listen to my rant for the day. Your attention is always appreciated.

Yeah, tom, we appreciate it.

madokie  (1000+ posts)      Tue Feb-05-08 08:36 PM
Response to Original message

1. I hoping that the bush/cheney cabal's overeaching has gotten peoples attention as it seems to be doing. I am not a doomsday type person, I see the glass as half full and I think when the dust is all settled from this we will as a country be much stronger for it. People are waking up and I'm seeing it more and more each day. The finish of this decade and the next are going to be some duzsies but we'll be ok for it. I'm counting on it.

blues90  (1000+ posts)       Tue Feb-05-08 09:04 PM
Response to Reply #1

2.  I wish I were an optimist 

Say all the people have woken up , then what ?

How are we to turn this around when it goes so deep and the big corps own and run the government as they do now . I just can't see a new government changing this anytime soon . It may change over a very long time with alot of work .

For now the people only can control what they buy to hit the corps but this means oil too .

No one seems interested in fighting back with what they have control over in their personal lifes . Now that many can't afford to buy anything we will be forced to change but it is not a willing change and that is what we need .
apres moi, le deluge

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Re: lilliputian tom thumb primitive becomes a seer
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 11:47:45 AM »
Looks like some of them forgot to take their anti-depressant pills today.  What's that?  You mean that's what they're like WITH antidepressants?!?

:ohnoes:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Lord Undies

Re: lilliputian tom thumb primitive becomes a seer
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 11:53:37 AM »
Since the DUmmies know NOTHING about economics, and they KNOW they know NOTHING about economics, you'd think they would not even bother trying to analyze any situation to do with economics. 

Is showing your ignorance to the world ON PURPOSE a form of mental illness?