Author Topic: Green Flag Time!  (Read 1422 times)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Green Flag Time!
« on: February 15, 2009, 11:57:18 AM »
FOX has the broadcast starting at 2 PM.  I know that Ryan Newman and Tony Stewart, teammates on the Stewart-Haas team, had tires blow yesterday--and both cars got wrecked, and both drivers will use backup cars.

As the car turns . . .  left, of course . . .  :-)
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
Re: Green Flag Time!
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 02:22:47 PM »
Damn, that took forever. Hour and a half of filler stories.
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 05:33:10 AM »
And they had to call it because of the rain.  Mike Helton apparently said that there was an hour-and-a-half of rain on the way, plus the high humidity wouldn't have allowed the track to be completely dry until 11 PM, and that was too late for the fans.

On to California!  Oh--congrats to Matt Kenseth on his first 500 win, and Jack Roush for his first 500 win as a car owner.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 06:49:03 AM »
Heh, broke my heart to see Kyle "punk" Bush taken out of the race.   :-) :innocent:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Flame

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2009, 07:09:45 AM »
Heh, broke my heart to see Kyle "punk" Bush taken out of the race.   :-) :innocent:

Yeah, I was devasted by that, too.... :uhsure:

Bummed it ended  'casue of the rain...the last 50 laps are usually the best.