Author Topic: lowest-paid nurse in America confronts the weather  (Read 1848 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
lowest-paid nurse in America confronts the weather
« on: February 06, 2008, 09:03:30 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2823795

What's remarkable about this bonfire on Skins's island, started by Ms. Ed, the unappellated eohippus, is that no primitive's blamed it on George Bush yet, but I'm sure it'll happen.

Horse with no Name  (1000+ posts)       Wed Feb-06-08 12:45 AM
Original message

Extreme weather in Texas today

I left the house today with warm skies and sun and drove 2 hours west.

Did some shopping and some other things.

Coming home...ran into a massive hail storm...that turned into a massive rain storm....that turned into some pretty cool weather.

To top it off, when I got home, the electricity had been off since 2 pm from this storm.

Now, as of 11:30 pm it is just NOW coming back on.

aquart  (1000+ posts)      Wed Feb-06-08 12:49 AM
Response to Original message

1. That's some day you had.

RGBolen  (1000+ posts)      Wed Feb-06-08 12:55 AM

2. It got dark here but only about a 10 minute sprinkle

Lone_Star_Dem  (1000+ posts)       Wed Feb-06-08 12:56 AM

3. Stay safe.

My daughter said she'd had some wild weather earlier in the day too.

dweller  (1000+ posts)      Wed Feb-06-08 12:58 AM

4. that's probably the storm expected here tomorrow by nightfall in NC. Predictions are for ugly weather during the evening.

it usually rains on my days off. I guess i should prepare for it.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline whiteguyPI

• That sounds like a "you" problem
Re: lowest-paid nurse in America confronts the weather
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 01:10:23 PM »
How the hell would she know when the power went off?  Of course, if my power had been out for 9 hours, the first thing I would do when it came back on would be to run to DU and post some BS.   :loser:
Haji don't surf!
Jive turkey!

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 02:52:15 PM »
It's Texas, we always have had strange weather.
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline Lauri

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008, 06:12:52 PM »
i grew up in Texas, spent summers in Kansas and my mother's favorite brother lived in Oklahoma - we got to see it all...

i think the funniest storm though (if you can call it funny) was about 12 years ago there was such a huge hail storm that the car dealerships around Garland had a Dent Sale  :-)

why the weather is so odd to them if they are over the age of 8 is confounding to me... although my 8 year old seems to get it ..  :popcorn:

Offline djones520

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2008, 03:57:21 AM »
How the hell would she know when the power went off?  Of course, if my power had been out for 9 hours, the first thing I would do when it came back on would be to run to DU and post some BS.   :loser:

Her neighbors told her when it went out?  Or am I being silly for not seeing conspiracies in every single thing they post?
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2008, 05:48:11 AM »

Her neighbors told her when it went out?  Or am I being silly for not seeing conspiracies in every single thing they post?

If she had an electric analog clock it would show the time that the power stopped unless it had a battery backup.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.