Author Topic: Is this a prelude to secession?  (Read 8066 times)

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
Re: Is this a prelude to secession?
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2009, 10:20:37 PM »
....and just to add, if there IS another civil war, you northern and left coast people are ****ed. Better pick sides.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2009, 10:41:18 PM »
....and just to add, if there IS another civil war, you northern and left coast people are ****ed. Better pick sides.

I'd be much obliged if Kentucky (with my help in "The Resistance") would lay claim to Cincinnati. I'm only three miles from the river and Ohio is purple enough to split into two new states. Cincy/Dayton and South Columbus would be happy to join wth the "South". I-70 could be the dividing line. We would have to negotiate a trade of somekind however in which the Ohio State Buckeyes could be moved a few miles South and in exchange, North Columbus could have the Bengals.

:uhsure: :uhsure:
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline 5412

« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2009, 10:54:36 PM »
Hi again,

I just posted what I read.  As far as secession goes, for some it may seem easier than trying to fix what is really broke.

While some serious secession talk might cause some meaningful discussion, I just do not see the word compromise in the vocabulary, much less the mind set of the wackos.  The minority special interest groups now rule this country and we are sending billions to our enemies for oil because of it.

Bet if the libs got hungry enough they would learn to love spotted owl......

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2009, 10:57:47 PM »
To Rearden:

....and therein lies the reason it'll be the bloodiest war in the history of this country, Rearden. Hell, Atlanta is blue. Jackson is blue. Memphis is blue. Every major city in the south is blue. Hell, I think every city in the country is blue. ....but there's no affiliation towards the state. There's no affinity. There's no love. It's only to Uncle Sugar. It's MUCH different than it was in 1860. There IS no state identity. No, that shit left when the 17th Amendment was passed. We need to get BACK to the way the country was founded. Hell, our founders started a war and poured tea into a harbor over tea taxes. We bend over and take it up the ass with income taxes that were taken right out of the Communist Manifesto. It'll be bloody, but I think it's about damn time to get this country BACK to it's roots. I.e. STOP making people pay for people they don't even ****ing know.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline 5412

« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2009, 11:21:22 PM »
Hi,

Past my bedtime but I really have to agree with your post.

One small thing that got by most people.  The senate authorized several million dollars to study the descendents of slavery and investigate the idea of reparation.  Now the way I see it is simple.  Just because my great, great, great, great granddaddy may have been mean to your great, great, great, great granddaddy does not mean I owe you shit....and vice versa. 

Now you just know what the study will recommend and BO is already on record as being in favor of that idea.   Hey a little transfer of wealth never hurt anyone.....  Think what will happen if that gets to congress with the liberal media fanning the flames......even if it gets voted down the war will begin. 

Personally secession should be the last resort and I think it could be done without firing a shot.  There would be a lot of deck shuffling.  If Texas goes first and announces there will be no living off the government as a lifestyle of choice, and we will be glad to buy you a one way ticket to anywhere, I suspect many would take them up on that.  Hell that honestly took place in AL when I was a kid.  They would go in for their welfare check and get a one way bus ticket to Chicago or Detroit.

Why do I think secession would be bloodless? Lincoln had the slavery issue to sell the north on going to war.  At this point I doubt too many of them would be willing to fight so they would say let em go, just the path of least resistence.

nite,

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2009, 11:38:08 PM »
To Rearden:

....and therein lies the reason it'll be the bloodiest war in the history of this country, Rearden. Hell, Atlanta is blue. Jackson is blue. Memphis is blue. Every major city in the south is blue. Hell, I think every city in the country is blue. ....but there's no affiliation towards the state. There's no affinity. There's no love. It's only to Uncle Sugar. It's MUCH different than it was in 1860. There IS no state identity. No, that shit left when the 17th Amendment was passed. We need to get BACK to the way the country was founded. Hell, our founders started a war and poured tea into a harbor over tea taxes. We bend over and take it up the ass with income taxes that were taken right out of the Communist Manifesto. It'll be bloody, but I think it's about damn time to get this country BACK to it's roots. I.e. STOP making people pay for people they don't even ******* know.

Yeah, we passed the point of no return long ago. No kind of civil war is even concievable to me really. Just can't happen. Not without mass migration of the blue-ist to the blue stongholds and the red-ist to the red. For example Bush voting Cincinnati divided from Kucinich voting Cleveland etc etc all over the U.S of A.

There is no State loyalty of any kind in America outside of college football fans. There is no civil war coming as the DUmmies spoke of during the Bush years. Not in my lifetime anyway and far beyond it too. There is no option but revolution, which ironically (to us Consittution lovers) is all but unspeakable. The genius of the left (or lazynes of the right) lies in the fact that we let them steal the definition of the words in the Constitution. It's almost Orwellian. Freedom no longer means "freedom from government rule" it now means (to the ears of the great unwashed) "freedom from want".

We are "beyond good and evil" in the tragic sense of Nietzsche, B.F. Skinner and Freud. All the philosophers of the last 200 years and more have turned the morality of the world into a meaningless pale grey. We are more than a few generations into a national idea that the most dangerous person in the world is anyone who thinks they are right. They scream "there are no absolutes" ignoring the fact that the statement itself is an absolute. Anyone who thinks they are right is wrong by virtue of the fact that thinking your right is "close minded". (whatever the virtue of your case)

I'm drunk and babbling.... sry

The point is (Ithink) no civil war is possible and, no revolution is really possible. All that is left is callapse and rebuilding with a stronger foundation. The optimist in me says that may not be as horrible as either of the two above options. and may come sooner than either bad option

"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline 5412

« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2009, 10:04:46 PM »
Hi Folks,

Here is a bit of an update on this issue.  Glen Beck had the guy from NH on tonight and I read another blurb from a service I subscribe to that went into great detail.  I took away two points.

First of all we are now up to 20 states that have some sort of resolution.  That, in itself, is unique.  Now resolutions are just that, not laws.

At the same time the guy from NH said that thier bill says that the US government must abide by the constitution and respect state sovereignty and if they fail to do so then they basically have nullified the constitution, there is none.  He said the goal would be to get back to where the federal government indeed does govern according to our rules. 

He was then asked about secession and his response was this, "If there is no Constitution, then there is no Union!" 

For gun advocates that was one item specifically mentioned in the NH resolution, that the right to bear arms shall not be infringed upon in their states and he particularly referred to the crap they stuck in the stimulus package concerning that issue.

I suspect for their next trick they are going to take on the gun owners knowing full well if they take guns it is the law abiding citizens that will turn them in and in turn have no means to protect themselves.  They ignore the facts of course.  Over 25 states have passed the laws giving citizens the right to carry and reaffirming their right to protect themselves and violent crime is down in each one of these states according to the last FBI statistics.

regards,
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 04:10:09 PM by 5412 »

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2009, 04:54:56 PM »

I maybe from Iowa but if its a choice between joining you or the Liberal asshats then I'm joining you
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2009, 07:25:04 PM »
I maybe from Iowa but if its a choice between joining you or the Liberal asshats then I'm joining you

Smart decision, though probably not a hard one to come to
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2009, 11:49:20 AM »
I'm hopeful, but doubtful that maybe Illinois will go back Republican during the next election cycle.  Of course the last Republican was no better than Blago, but still.....

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2009, 11:58:39 AM »
Why let those fags keep so much as an inch of our country? They couldn't make it or keep it on their own, letting them have any of it is selling out. You guys wouldn't support welfare for those idiots why give them their own nation they could never earn on their own?
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2009, 12:10:21 PM »
Why let those fags keep so much as an inch of our country? They couldn't make it or keep it on their own, letting them have any of it is selling out. You guys wouldn't support welfare for those idiots why give them their own nation they could never earn on their own?

About the only advantage I see, is that by letting the opening positions be drawn up on "Red State/Blue State" lines (or hell, even Red county/Blue county), letting them suffer the natural consequences of their own ineptitude, and then taking the blue territory from them would be to log such a lesson in darwinism in the history books that it would be useful to put down NeoCommie-ism in it's infancy for the next thousand years.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2009, 12:16:51 PM »
About the only advantage I see, is that by letting the opening positions be drawn up on "Red State/Blue State" lines (or hell, even Red county/Blue county), letting them suffer the natural consequences of their own ineptitude, and then taking the blue territory from them would be to log such a lesson in darwinism in the history books that it would be useful to put down NeoCommie-ism in it's infancy for the next thousand years.
Think Korea.

It's only a matter of time until the northern side of that equation implodes...but the economic and social expense to the south will set them back by decades.

There is no value in allowing the inevitable take its course especially since we will still be the ones paying for it in the long run.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2009, 12:24:44 PM »
Think Korea.

It's only a matter of time until the northern side of that equation implodes...but the economic and social expense to the south will set them back by decades.

There is no value in allowing the inevitable take its course especially since we will still be the ones paying for it in the long run.

A very valid point.

Though it does seem to me that the North Koreans are a mit more feisty than the DUmmies, and have made preparations with the tools necessary to carry that fight to the enemy.  The DUmmies have made no such preparations.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2009, 12:31:02 PM »
A very valid point.

Though it does seem to me that the North Koreans are a mit more feisty than the DUmmies, and have made preparations with the tools necessary to carry that fight to the enemy.  The DUmmies have made no such preparations.
The NorKs are no more in a position to fight than the DUmmies. They are welfare basket cases. I see no reason to even pretend the DUmmies have a legitmate claim to their own nation; not even the NE libs. Could those idiots have found the spine, guns or endurance to fight George III or any subsequent threat to the US since then?

They only possess what we give them. It's time we started acting like real conservatives and stop giving a bunch of lazy shitbags the rewards of the labors of better men and women.