Author Topic: I reneged  (Read 5138 times)

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
I reneged
« on: February 05, 2008, 12:08:26 PM »
When it came down to it, I couldn't vote for Huckabee. I pulled the lever for Romney. Sorry, McCain's voting record scares the shit out of me and I just don't see Huckabee beating McCain.  :thatsright:
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
Re: I reneged
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 12:09:47 PM »
We're not included in Super Tuesday but I suspect I will be in the same boat. I'll hold my nose and do whatever I can.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008, 12:18:34 PM »
When it came down to it, I couldn't vote for Huckabee. I pulled the lever for Romney. Sorry, McCain's voting record scares the shit out of me and I just don't see Huckabee beating McCain.  :thatsright:

My parents did the same.  Just called them and asked how they voted.   They liked Huckabee for the same reasons you've named previously, but they realize Romney is pretty much our only hope, despite his own faults.   

I need to go ahead and prepare for getting my absentee ballot for the big election.   I've been  :hammer:  enough by friends and family for forgetting this time around. 
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2008, 08:20:47 PM »

I would have voted for romney had I known that fred was going to pull out the day after the SC primary. :thatsright:

Offline SilverOrchid

• Proud momma of two little belles!
  • California Conservative-Yes, we exist!
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2008, 08:26:03 PM »
I had to write in for Romney since I screwed up and didn't state a party. I have a feeling that it is going to get thrown out since it wasn't on a GOP ballot.  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2008, 08:26:20 PM »
I would have voted for romney had I known that fred was going to pull out the day after the SC primary. :thatsright:

What happens with those votes? Does the candidate get to choose who they go to? Or do they just go to Fred? I'm only asking because of this McCain/Huckabee bullshit in WV. Not to mention, someone was saying something about the Edwards votes the other day.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Lauri

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2008, 08:27:06 PM »

its interesting that Huckabee has done as well as he has tonight.. i think McCain didnt expect that at all.  :-)

Offline Chris_

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2008, 08:28:44 PM »

its interesting that Huckabee has done as well as he has tonight.. i think McCain didnt expect that at all.  :-)

I think he did.  I also think they have a deal worked out between them.

:bird:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2008, 08:30:25 PM »

its interesting that Huckabee has done as well as he has tonight.. i think McCain didnt expect that at all.  :-)

I agree.   :censored: :bird:

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2008, 08:30:55 PM »

Actually, with as well as he's done, any deal may be off between McCain and Huck now.

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2008, 08:31:27 PM »
Maybe one of these elections we'll get to vote FOR somebody.  :banghead:
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline Chris_

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2008, 08:34:50 PM »
The RonBots at work were yammering about "voting your conscience". 

That's great if you live in Iowa or New Hampshire.  Crooked #$%@**$ primary schedule.  This is ridiculous.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2008, 08:52:58 PM »

What happens with those votes? Does the candidate get to choose who they go to? Or do they just go to Fred? I'm only asking because of this McCain/Huckabee bullshit in WV. Not to mention, someone was saying something about the Edwards votes the other day.

I just read this, Kev. Is that what you mean?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,328549,00.html

Though state delegates are free to change allegiances, Romney entered the convention with the largest bloc at 210. Huckabee followed with 138, while Paul attracted 95.

But while McCain had 15 pledged to his cause, the Arizona senator expected to pick up at least some of the 160 delegates gathered by Fred Thompson and Rudy Giuliani before each quit the race. Romney reached out to Thompson and Giuliani supporters with Tuesday’s speech, praising each former candidate’s contribution to the race.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2008, 08:56:45 PM »

I just read this, Kev. Is that what you mean?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,328549,00.html

Though state delegates are free to change allegiances, Romney entered the convention with the largest bloc at 210. Huckabee followed with 138, while Paul attracted 95.

But while McCain had 15 pledged to his cause, the Arizona senator expected to pick up at least some of the 160 delegates gathered by Fred Thompson and Rudy Giuliani before each quit the race. Romney reached out to Thompson and Giuliani supporters with Tuesday’s speech, praising each former candidate’s contribution to the race.

Yes. ...but then there was a story about the Dems pandering to Edwards to get his delegates. I was just wondering if a candidate can give their delegates away after they've dropped out.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2008, 09:02:15 PM »
I dunno. And after the primary when their guy drops out?
Maybe they help buy a VP spot.

Offline RightCoast

• Semper Fi means more than most will ever know
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2008, 09:22:59 PM »
Hucks speech a few minutes ago sure sounded like he was going the whole way - or he's just holding out for another fund raiser.

**** McCain
nine eleven is a car
nine one one is an emergency service
September 11, 2001 was an attack
Never Forget, or Minimize.

Offline vetwife

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2008, 11:20:23 AM »
Huckabee scares the heck out of me.  I never in my life saw so many Huckebee signs with robot like folks flagging cars yesterday and holding up signs.  Freedom of expression?  Maybe..Maybe brainwashed by the churches,  Dunno.

Offline guest

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2008, 11:25:54 AM »
Huckabee scares the heck out of me.  I never in my life saw so many Huckebee signs with robot like folks flagging cars yesterday and holding up signs.  Freedom of expression?  Maybe..Maybe brainwashed by the churches,  Dunno.

That's the same situation here in Savannah, except it involved the Ron Paul supporters.   :mental:
« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 04:38:18 PM by ACrazyConservative »