Author Topic: FBI expected to award $1 billion.......  (Read 1641 times)

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
FBI expected to award $1 billion.......
« on: February 05, 2008, 09:17:00 AM »
FOR SPYING...................OH NOES!!!11!1!!!1

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2819859

The Kaput primitive is out starting fires in tinfoil balls again.

kpete  (1000+ posts)       Tue Feb-05-08 09:18 AM
Original message
FBI expected to award $1 billion contract to help collect data on Americans 
 Advertisements [?]
FBI wants palm prints, eye scans, tattoo mapping
FBI expected to award $1 billion contract to help collect data on people

CLARKSBURG, West Virginia (CNN) -- The FBI is gearing up to create a massive computer database of people's physical characteristics, all part of an effort the bureau says to better identify criminals and terrorists.

The FBI wants to use eye scans, combined with other data, to help identify suspects.

The bureau is expected to announce in coming days the awarding of a $1 billion, 10-year contract to help create the database that will compile an array of biometric information -- from palm prints to eye scans.

Kimberly Del Greco, the FBI's Biometric Services section chief, said adding to the database is "important to protect the borders to keep the terrorists out, protect our citizens, our neighbors, our children so they can have good jobs, and have a safe country to live in."

"It's the beginning of the surveillance society where you can be tracked anywhere, any time and all your movements, and eventually all your activities will be tracked and noted and correlated," said Barry Steinhardt, director of the American Civil Liberties Union's Technology and Liberty Project.

more at:
http://www.cnn.com/2008/TECH/02/04/fbi.biometrics/index...

ThomWV  (1000+ posts)      Tue Feb-05-08 09:19 AM
Response to Original message
1. As if they needed any more help.
 This has to stop you know.

Earth_First  (1000+ posts)       Tue Feb-05-08 09:26 AM
2. AMERICA: WAKE UP!
 Perhaps now that folks do not have the disposable income that they were used to having during the housing/credit bubble, folks will wake up to what's happening around them. The distractions of movies, dinners, cars, boats, and houses was too much for too long, and it created an entire society of complacency in their government. I truly hope that if there is a silver lining to the end days of the * mis-administration and the current recession, is that individuals spend more time attuning themselves to the environment around themselves and realize: HOLY SHIT!

What idiots

L. Coyote  (1000+ posts)      Tue Feb-05-08 09:28 AM
3. Okay, who gave the RNC $10,000? this time??
 Is this another Taser or Blackwater moment?

citizen_jane  (1000+ posts)       Tue Feb-05-08 09:30 AM
5. And just like any other data bank...
 this one will be subject to major
abuse, misuse and manipulation.

That is scarier than the fact that
they want to compile the data bank
in the first place.

So we can round your cheeto eating ass up
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline Lord Undies

Re: FBI expected to award $1 billion.......
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 09:38:47 AM »
Hey, DUmbasses!  I thought you guys were the "progressives"?  Not too much in this ol' world stands still.  Especially the information business.  Gathering information is designed not to be stationary.  You see, it all started with fingerprints......and it has been "progressive" ever since.

Offline jukin

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008, 09:42:21 AM »
Very selective on what they want government to control.  I want the govenrment to control as little as possible.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2008, 09:53:14 AM »
Very selective on what they want government to control.  I want the govenrment to control as little as possible.

That's part of the freedom of choosing how and what you are willing to give up, don't cha see.  DUmmies have no problem with the enzyme level of their livers being on a database, but their iris pattern is going too far.

Offline Uhhuh35

• Subtle Like A Nuclear Weapon
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2008, 01:33:33 PM »
I don't see the problem with biometrics. Seems to me it's a good way to secure your identity against theft. Lord knows we got enough illegals here "in the shadows" needing an identity and trying to steal mine.
But then again, I don't break the law so I got nothing to worry about. Well, at least not the "major" laws!

Shhhhh!  :-)
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
— Albert Einstein.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2008, 02:17:02 PM »
Weren't these the same DUmmies (at least in name) who were wanting to know why * failed to protect us on 9/11? Hmmm....sounds like a biometric database is needed. And I bet they would support it if Her Royal Thighness came up with it. *eyeroll*
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2008, 02:42:55 PM »
The FBI already has 55 million sets of fingerprints on file. In coming years, the bureau wants to compare palm prints, scars and tattoos, iris eye patterns, and facial shapes. The idea is to combine various pieces of biometric information to positively identify a potential suspect.

If the DUmmy had quoted more of the article we see that the FBI already has 55 million records on file.
That's right DUmmys, all those days of protesting the cause D'Jour, getting busted for weed possession, and posting at the DUmp has gained you asshats top-shelf notoriety on the FBI's list of anti-social losers.

YOU ARE ALREADY ON THE CAMP ROSTERS!
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄