Author Topic: America is already suffering 'buyer's regret' over Obama  (Read 1520 times)

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
America is already suffering 'buyer's regret' over Obama
« on: January 30, 2009, 03:23:15 AM »
Yesterday, just eight days after the inauguration, President Obama had his £576bn so-called stimulus bill passed by the House of Representatives - but without a single vote from any Republican.

All 177 House Republicans opposed the bill. None of them fell for that 'bi-partisan' tripe, which is Democrat code for 'do it our way.'

Which gives me hope for the Republican Congressmen. Forget about 'change.' They know an old-style, Democrat pork-barrel piece of legislation - that is, a Bill designed to pay off or buy votes from vested interests - when they see one, and they aren't going to back it.  ...

Yet Obama was keen to have support from the Republicans. He didn't get it, because what he really wanted was submission from the Republicans.

Clearly the Republicans on the Hill don't reckon they are going to get any backlash from the voters in their districts because they have given a No to The One. They understand that already their voters don't like what Obama is doing, or indeed the arrogance with which he is doing it.

Just two days after the inauguration, when Republican legislators told the president they objected to the massive spending bill, Obama dismissed them with two words: 'I won.'

That was a particularly stupid mistake by the new president.  Hard-left Democrats may cheer at such gloating, but most Americans don't like that kind of contempt being shown to Congress. ... As any economist will tell you, what is important in a statistic is not the number, it's the trend. In this case, the trend is down, and fast. Americans are already having buyer's regret about their new president.

Then of course there is his naiveté in foreign policy. A few days ago he gave an embarrassingly-wet interview on Arab-owned television and offered unconditional talks to Iran. ...
link

Offline Flame

Re: America is already suffering 'buyer's regret' over Obama
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 06:57:20 AM »
Good article, and spot on!

Offline djones520

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 07:13:08 AM »
If this stimulus bill was such a great idea, I would have thought that the House passing it would have lead to an up-tick in the market.  Dow closed down more then 260pts yesterday.  If the Senate passes it, I bet we'll see the DOW hit below 8,000.

So I'd say the only people who don't see this for what it is are the DUmmies.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline Redstatecka

• Thanks, Dad!
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2009, 07:50:21 AM »
You bet, America, of which the Democrats, liberals and leftists in Congress appear not be a part, sees this pork and don't like it.

In the local newspaper where I live, and it's not big newspaper, the political cartoon this morning captured the sense of it, while heckling Obama for one of his infamous, misogynist things he said on the campaign trail.

It shows a HUGE pig, basically as big as the available cartoon space and looking directly at the reader, with "PORK" in big white letters on the pig's side and this caption: "Putting lipstick on a stimulus plan."

Maybe that's a new moniker for Obama: "Porky" or "Lipstick on a pig." Works for me.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 07:57:41 AM by Redstatecka »
"It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded, not by religionists, but by Christians not on religions, but on the gospel of Jesus Christ! For this very reason, peoples of other faiths have been afforded asylum, prosperity and freedom of worship here." -- Patrick Henry, 1765