Author Topic: I see Balls.....lots and lots of balls  (Read 2070 times)

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
I see Balls.....lots and lots of balls
« on: February 04, 2008, 12:52:18 PM »
They don't even try anymore :bawl:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2815811

KansDem  (1000+ posts)      Mon Feb-04-08 12:22 PM
Original message
Bizarre conversation in a bar last Friday night...
 Advertisements [?]Last Friday evening, I wanted to take a walk so I could smoke my pipe and think. I wound up going into a bar that I hadn't been to for 10-12 years. It seemed a pleasant ambiance: there was a C&W band with a singer that sounded strikingly like Johnny Cash. And the place was filled with customers (it just so happened that the bar was closing for several weeks for remodeling and this was the last night before closing). So I bought a beer and found a place near the back door just contented to stand and sip awhile and smoke my pipe.

I was standing alongside the path to the restrooms so I said "hello" to several people as they past me--many people complimented me on my pipe tobacco--and this one fellow stopped to talk what I thought would be briefly. He said he was 28 years old and told me a little about his life, just the usual bartalk. Then the subject of Iraq came up. Now, generally I avoid talking politics in C&W bars, and I just sipped my beer and nodded while this fellow underwent his diatribe. However, when this fellow said that "we needed to go in there to pay them back for attacking us on 9/11," like Popeye, I thought to myself, "That's all I can stands, I can't stands no more!," so I said "You know, Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11!" He looked at me rather sheepishly and said "Well, we still need to show strength." I said, "Then we should have gone after the Saudis...75% of the attackers were from Saudi Arabia!" He said "Uh, yeah...I morn the loss of life as much as anybody, but we had to show strength after 9/11, whether or not we invaded the right country." I thought "WHAAAA...!!! This fellow can't be for real!" I spoke with him for a few more minutes, mentioning the close ties between the Bin Laden and Bush families, the fact OBL hasn't been caught, the fact tha Salem Bin Laden financed George Jr's early oil ventures in Texas, etc., etc., and he was steadfast in his doctrine of "we had to show strength following 9/11 even if it meant attacking the wrong country."

I finally thought it best to head back for home, so I bade him farewell, and departed. I don't think I'll be back....

Anyone else heard this "doctrine" before?

bryant69  (1000+ posts)       Mon Feb-04-08 12:26 PM
Response to Original message
1. I totally agree, you shouldn't patronize a place that contains people who disagree with you 

:lmao:
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: I see Balls.....lots and lots of balls
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 12:59:24 PM »
I was standing alongside the path to the restrooms so I said "hello" to several people as they past me...
^  DUmster speak for trying to pick up a "date" in the gay bar...   :loser:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 01:19:31 PM »
I was standing alongside the path to the restrooms so I said "hello" to several people as they past me...

You know, sir, that too was my first impression.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Chris_

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2008, 04:16:56 PM »

Either that or he was screeching: LIHOP!!! MIHOP!!! * LIED AND PEOPLE DIED!!!

Of course, I've always wondered how they pronounce "*". Do they actually say "asterisk" in their verbal communication?
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2008, 04:39:04 PM »
I have never met anyone who thinks the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001 were  the work of the nation of Iraq.  No one.  Not one.

Yet these DUmmies run into them all the time.  What am I doing wrong?

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2008, 04:50:33 PM »
I have never met anyone who thinks the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001 were  the work of the nation of Iraq.  No one.  Not one.

Yet these DUmmies run into them all the time.  What am I doing wrong?

Telling the truth??
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2008, 05:10:56 PM »

You know, sir, that too was my first impression.
Right...hanging around the restoom door in a bar is a bit odd for normal folks. 

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2008, 11:46:35 PM »
 :beer:

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".