Author Topic: Apple Airport WiFi  (Read 3299 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Apple Airport WiFi
« on: February 03, 2008, 09:08:21 PM »
How do I create my own secure/password protected wifi network?  I can create a network, but its not password protected.  Nor, can I access the net, when I connect to that network with a pc laptop...
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

Re: Apple Airport WiFi
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2008, 09:14:47 PM »
You have to enable an encryption method (use WPA-PSK). 

http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/Ou/?p=454
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2008, 09:33:07 PM »
You have to set your web browser to automatically accept an IP address from your modem.

Internet Options --> Tools --> Connections --> LAN settings --> Automatically detect settings (check this box)

If you're using Firefox, I can't help you.  :-)

Offline Baruch Menachem

• In a handbasket, heading to a warm destination
  • do the best you can with what you can
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2008, 01:06:07 PM »
 :fuelfire: :fuelfire:

When you first configure your apple modem, there is a set of instructions that are very anal and direct.  If you don't follow them, you will have PC problems connecting, and resetting your apple modem correctly will be a problem.

The password has to be 13 characters for it to work for the PC network.

This may be incredibly rude, but is is very important here.

R
T
F
M
 :tongue:

Apple manuals aren't hard, but when they get real pushy about something, like setting up the air port base station, you better pay close attention.
An optimist sees the glass as half full, a pessimist sees the glass as half empty, an engineer sees that there is twice the glass required to contain the beer

My name is Obamandias, King of Kings, 
  Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!