Author Topic: freeloading wily primitive now vehicularly housed  (Read 3017 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
freeloading wily primitive now vehicularly housed
« on: February 03, 2008, 07:23:48 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2808320

Oh my.

The wily primitive, the worthless freeloading bum.

The wily primitive's the one building a boat to float out into the ocean somewhere; the only thing is, the wily primitive's building it in.....the mountains of Tennessee.  The wily primitive self-admittedly recently sneaked out on his landlord, to whom the wily primitive owes a bunch of past-due rent, and ditched his live-in girlfriend because she complained about having to pay all the bills herself, with no help from the wily primitive.

Anyway.

WileEcoyote (430 posts)      Sat Feb-02-08 01:39 PM
Original message

Travels with Wiley

Into my fourth week vehicluarly housed. Getting a lot easier to get by. Work has been coming in. My "Acme shower" in the storage rental unit works superb. No problem parking my small 4 cylinder SUV in hospoital parking klot at night. No heat form security yet anyway.

In the world you get your choice:

1. A nasty parasitical landlord

2. Deadbeat disagreeable room mate.

Or

3. parking lot security telling you to move on.

The planet really is a prison folks.

Oh by the way. None of these notes are sent here as a request for help. Heck I'm SAVING money these days while reducing my carbon footprint, ie: don't use heat except for three gallon shower.

No the bell tolls for you my friends. Not me. Wiley is just ahead of the curb. YOU will be living this way down the road.

Frankly I enjoy it. It's work but fun and getting easier.

pamela  (1000+ posts)      Sat Feb-02-08 04:05 PM
Response to Original message

3. Hi Wiley

This may seem like a strange suggestion but I noticed you are about 70 miles from Niland. If you can spare the money for gas, you might want to take a trip down to Slab City. There are a lot of people there who are, or were, in a similar predicament and have a similar mind-set. Many are in RVs or travel trailers now but the main thing is they don't want to be in traditional homes and have created a place where they are pretty much left alone. I know it is very different than the situation you are describing but it may be informative.

catnhatnh (1000+ posts)      Sat Feb-02-08 05:01 PM

4. You're right and I'm scared....

...not so much in the outcome as the process.In a funny twist I may soon be a majority shareholder and president of a fully operational restaurant "corporation" AND be on the streets.....mind you I don't mean in the next 60 or 90 days, but there will be a reckoning in the next year and my house may not survive it depending on the business...

...Yet my position is probably no more precarious than that of half the board-we are each of us of the new class-the middle-class shorts-just a bad year or a medical emergency from a major change in lifestyle and status.It is the heartbreak of this brave new world that eats and gnaws with uncertainty in the night and most of us feel it. In the seventies with a wife and children I knew well the constraints of not enough money and second hand life, with used cars, and marked down food, and even those things that brought fun to life-a boat,or a pool...all the extra stuff being someone else's cast-offs.

But what I NEVER knew then was dispair...and that is the greatest difference that could ever be-the difference between thinking that my second boat or pool MIGHT be new and today's thought that somewhere in the future a sheriff and humiliation awaits-not because I failed but because "they" changed the rules and doing so took the most precious things...certainty, faith in the future, and trust....

Lugnut  (1000+ posts)       Sun Feb-03-08 12:57 AM

5. And nobody cares.

Exxon-Mobile enjoyed a $40.6 billion dollar profit in 2007 while countless numbers of people living in this country are homeless and hungry. Obscene is an understatement.

WileEcoyote (430 posts)      Sun Feb-03-08 04:23 PM
Response to Reply #5

6. Well screw Exxon

Want to know the truth? I'm living far better than many in this world. That those even in the USA who own homes, run businesses (I run my own and even hire folks from time to time. Ran a yellow pages ad the last time i lived "vehicularly housed") who consider themselves frantic about money or lack there of.

The average American is scared shitless of his mortgage lender or landlord.

Think of how wicked a person would have to be to own "income property". It is one thing to rent a motel space, chain saw or a lawn mower. Something we gladly pay to borrow once in a while because we don't need them every day. Quite another to extort funds legally from someone else whose sweat pays into your fortune. Extortion under penalty of homelessness, ruined credit and even possibly jail.

A sick twisted statement on America today that it not only condones the material above others survival but directly ENCOURAGES the virtual rape and pillage of it's citzens.

I will have no part of their endeavors again. Never again will I pay a worm of a landlord a dime.

Another thought: Your average "wealthy person" is far worse off than me. I've seen these parasitical, sick landlords actually strong arm their tenants on ****ing CHRISTMAS DAY!!! No foolin. A couple years back my mindless, landlord was bugging the apartment dweller next door at 8 am Christmas day for his overdue rent. Knocking so hard on the door that it almost sounded like she was hitting my own apartment.

This a woman who owned at least a dozen multi unit dwellings in the S/F bay area. Properties that i knew of of from direct knowledge. In reality I must assume that she owned perhaps far more real estate.

OK now think for a minute how BAD and evil that person made herself look...

She's banging on the door of a late paying tenant on Christmas Day. Now from her economic perspective and as wealthy as her holdings make her she probably shouldn't even have been in that neighborhood without a couple bodyguards.

Yet she is fearful. Fearful of what? So filled with pain and self importance that she can't wait until January 2nd??? I mean who among us here would lower himself to the status of parasite and strong arm a fellow human being for the blood of his labor on Christmas day???

This is why i tell fellow democrats not to onw "income property". very few people who engage in this activity can do so without losing their soul.

I spoke to a supposed "Democrat" the other day. She claimed to be a landlord and a "Good Democrat".

It was all bullshit.

In order to equitably own and prosper from rental property a landlord would have to kick down part of his/her earnings to all former tenants who paid the bills. Everytime the property values increased each tenant (both former and current) would be entitled to an increased share. the property owner only drawing a self imposed wage for caretaking and some kind of moral profit for making the original investment.

However you will never see such an example. or rarely so.

The conscience of a rental property owner is non existent.

In short: No Democrat should rent property. Rental property being anathema to development of a moral soul. It is anti Christian and anti human.

Hmmm.  Interesting, in the Freudian sense.

kineneb (1000+ posts)       Sun Feb-03-08 06:39 PM
Response to Reply #6

7. well, I kind of do

but here is the situation- Grandma's will split all property evenly between my Mom (her daughter) and me. Mom has been renting out Grandma's house and sending some of the money to me (minus expenses) so we would not go hungry on Hubby's SSDI. We did not want to move into the house for various reasons, location being the chief reason. According to Mom, she rents the house out at below market rate to keep the current (good) tenants. She has it in her name for tax and other purposes.

So technically, I am sort of a "landlord". However, the "profits" are going to support the poor: us. It means I can afford the expensive protein powder that Hubby needs for his special dialysis diet.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Re: freeloading wily primitive now vehicularly housed
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2008, 07:42:58 PM »
I do not know where these people exist.

I live in a very secluded rural area and there is all the work I could ever want,some pays more the others some don`t,called life.

These miscreants live to be miserable and are very successful at it,just wish they didn`t want the rest of us to be so afflicted.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2008, 07:57:24 PM »
Ok so this super genius let some chick live with him for months and he just let her slide on the rent. Didn't even make an attempt to encourage her to get a job and fork over some money at least. And now it's all the "greedy" landlord's fault that he lives in a van down by the river.  :whatever:
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2008, 10:06:10 PM »
.... And now it's all the "greedy" landlord's fault that he lives in a van down by the river.  :whatever:

He has to live near water, he's a frickin' leech.

Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline BamaMoose

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2008, 12:29:45 AM »
<snip>
Think of how wicked a person would have to be to own "income property". It is one thing to rent a motel space, chain saw or a lawn mower. Something we gladly pay to borrow once in a while because we don't need them every day. Quite another to extort funds legally from someone else whose sweat pays into your fortune. Extortion under penalty of homelessness, ruined credit and even possibly jail.
<end snip>

DUmmies in a nutshell.  I should get all my needs for free.  And whatever money I get from work/welfare/charity is for internet access and big screen TV's.  Does this idiot charge for his work?  Or does he give it away for the common good?  Does he recognize that there is a profit margin on his dope and Cheetos?  I would love if all my property was "income property".  Certainly I hope that my home and my savings gain value.  But it would be nice if my truck and my vacuum cleaner also gained value, although I'm not expecting much in the resale value of my vacuum cleaner.

So he's going to protest the evil landowner by living in his van down by the river.  The evil landowner quivers.

BTW Frank, you're confusing your "Wileys".  One is a drugged-out loser living on a sailboat in a friend's backyard.  The other is a drugged-out loser living in his van in some hospital parking lot.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2008, 03:25:47 AM »
BTW Frank, you're confusing your "Wileys".  One is a drugged-out loser living on a sailboat in a friend's backyard.  The other is a drugged-out loser living in his van in some hospital parking lot.

That happens once in a while.

Remember about two years ago, when the primitives frankly admitted that all black people look alike to them?

Well, sometimes all primitives look alike to franksolich.

Excresence happens.

It happens in this case because usually when I'm at the computer, I'm doing something else (accounting) at the same time, on a very big table halfway between the dining room and the living room, and then the cats indoors get into some sort of "territorial fight," or the cats outdoors start chasing a coyote or bald eagle, and I get distracted.

The other day, I missed something about Pedro Picasso, because I was doing all that.

But thanks to your kind clarification, I now have the wily primitives straight in my mind.

By the way, I don't mind clarifications or corrections; if you knew me in real life, you would see why.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2008, 07:15:36 AM »
One must wonder what this DUmmie thinks about those who bought a home for $100,000 and then sold the same home for $500,000.  Should the Seller turn over all the profit to ...... someone else (with the exception of a moral profit of course)?

Someone should give Wiley a rent house that still has a mortgage payment on it.  Let the Wiley one figure out how he is to pay;

Mortgage
Insurance
Taxes
Maintenance
Vacancies
Etc...

When his tenants don't pay their rent and you can never catch them at home and they won't answer the phone.  Wonder if Wiley would knock on the door at Christmas if he saw them at home then and they were 3 or  months behind on rent .... hmmmmm

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2008, 07:18:53 AM »
I'll bet it was the wily primitive's door the landlord knocked on, on December 25, 2007.

And on December 24 and December 23 and December 22 and December 21.....and August 8 and August 7 and August 6 and August 5.....and May 14 and May 13 and May 12.....and January 31 and January 30 and January 29 and January 28.....clear back to October 23, 1998 or something.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2008, 01:41:07 PM »
I'll bet it was the wily primitive's door the landlord knocked on, on December 25, 2007.

And on December 24 and December 23 and December 22 and December 21.....and August 8 and August 7 and August 6 and August 5.....and May 14 and May 13 and May 12.....and January 31 and January 30 and January 29 and January 28.....clear back to October 23, 1998 or something.

Methinks thou are absolutely correct sir.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline BamaMoose

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2008, 12:40:13 AM »

That happens once in a while.

Remember about two years ago, when the primitives frankly admitted that all black people look alike to them?

Well, sometimes all primitives look alike to franksolich.

Excresence happens.

It happens in this case because usually when I'm at the computer, I'm doing something else (accounting) at the same time, on a very big table halfway between the dining room and the living room, and then the cats indoors get into some sort of "territorial fight," or the cats outdoors start chasing a coyote or bald eagle, and I get distracted.

The other day, I missed something about Pedro Picasso, because I was doing all that.

But thanks to your kind clarification, I now have the wily primitives straight in my mind.

By the way, I don't mind clarifications or corrections; if you knew me in real life, you would see why.

I hope I didn't offend you by noting this.  If so I apologize.  As Jane Goodall noted, many chimps are indistinguishable from a distance, but have notable individualistic physical and behavioral characteristics when viewed closely.  I just have a special affinity for the land-lubbing Wiley.  He is everything that is wrong with SSDI.  He worked as a tile and carpet installer, hard and admirable work.  But he made a lot of poor decisions.  Old age caught up to him and he started to have (or claimed to have) lower back problems.  Certainly a reasonable problem to have considering his line of work.  But rather than moving on to less physical work, he just quit.  And he expected the Government to take care of him for the rest of his life.  Most people I know who work in construction know it's a young man's (and woman's) game doing the grunt work.  Most know that there will come a day when you need to move into supervising or estimating or sales, because the actual work is too hard for an older person.  He either didn't choose to explore these other options or wasn't given the opportunity.  Neither of these choices reflects well on him.  His solution was to employ narcotics, both legal and illegal, and booze to solve his pain issues and hope the taxpayers, and his now ex-wife, would take care of him.  And then complain that it wasn't enough.

So I think of him as the Gilligan on Skin's island.  Hopelessly grounded on his boat and totally dependent on the kindness of strangers to survive.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2008, 03:34:33 AM »
I hope I didn't offend you by noting this.  If so I apologize.  As Jane Goodall noted, many chimps are indistinguishable from a distance, but have notable individualistic physical and behavioral characteristics when viewed closely.

Not at all; when franksolich needs corrected, franksolich is happy to be corrected.

Just like in real life.

We're all wrong some times, but as long as I'm right 50% + 1 of the time, then I figure I'm doing okay.

apres moi, le deluge

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2008, 07:59:43 AM »
Wiley is just ahead of the curb
   :mental:

...and has been living in the gutter nearby.   :-)
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2008, 12:04:18 PM »
WileEcoyote (430 posts)      Sat Feb-02-08 01:39 PM
Original message

Travels with Wiley

Into my fourth week vehicluarly housed. Getting a lot easier to get by. Work has been coming in. My "Acme shower" in the storage rental unit works superb. No problem parking my small 4 cylinder SUV in hospoital parking klot at night. No heat form security yet anyway.

And, ah...you have Internet access how?
Me thinks your fat ass is sitting in public housing somewhere and spending 1/2 of your gummint check on weed and Internet access.
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2008, 12:15:22 PM »
I love how he tries to mitigate his circumstances by claiming he's "reducing his carbon footprint" and "not giving a dime to a slimy landlord". Something tells me he would jump all over the chance to live in a real house. Provided he could save face on DU by claiming he's "screwing the landlord" or something.

And no Dem should own rental property? Idjit.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle