Author Topic: Burris to Be Considered for Senate Seat, Reid Says  (Read 4465 times)

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
Burris to Be Considered for Senate Seat, Reid Says
« on: January 07, 2009, 02:35:48 PM »

Jan. 7 (Bloomberg) -- The U.S. Senate may let Roland Burris take the seat vacated by President-elect Barack Obama after a state court rules on the matter and Burris answers questions about the impeachment of Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich, Democratic leaders said.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, after a 45-minute meeting with Burris today at the Capitol, praised him as “candid and forthright.” Other Democrats predicted that Burris would be seated soon.

“We don’t have a problem with him as an individual,” Reid, a Nevada Democrat, told reporters. “There’s going to come a time when the entire Senate is going to have to act on this. And that day, I hope, would come sooner rather than later.”

Earlier today, Obama told a news conference that Burris “is a fine public servant,” though the appointment “is a Senate matter.”

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=apGSL3YSZPD4&refer=home

Offline thundley4

Re: Burris to Be Considered for Senate Seat, Reid Says
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 02:38:45 PM »
Ive been following the news today. Burris + Senate seat = done deal.  Illinois Sec. of State + room under the bus = done deal.  :rotf:

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009, 02:43:43 PM »
Ive been following the news today. Burris + Senate seat = done deal.  Illinois Sec. of State + room under the bus = done deal.  :rotf:
There is going to be a popcorn shortage, and it's not even 20th January yet.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2009, 02:47:52 PM »
There is going to be a popcorn shortage, and it's not even 20th January yet.

It really doesn't get better than this. This is the most fun I have had since the Blue Dress.

I am expecting dead bodies soon.  That won't be fun, but it won't be unexpected.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2009, 03:05:26 PM »
It really doesn't get better than this. This is the most fun I have had since the Blue Dress.

I am expecting dead bodies soon.  That won't be fun, but it won't be unexpected.
You may not have too long to wait.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2009, 03:24:55 PM »
Does the Chicago Mercantile Exchange or the NY Commodities Market offer futures in popcorn?
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford