Author Topic: Gov't Has Run Out Of DTV Convertor Box Coupons  (Read 2316 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Gov't Has Run Out Of DTV Convertor Box Coupons
« on: January 06, 2009, 07:56:58 AM »
Gov't Has Run Out Of DTV Convertor Box Coupons

NORTH TEXAS (CBS 11 News) ―Are you ready for the big digital television switch? The change comes in just 44 days.

But if you were banking on saving some cash through the government offer, you'd better think again.  The government has run out of money saving coupons for converter boxes and that could leave some TV viewers in the dark.

Without the coupon many North Texans, who get their television signal with an antenna, are now scrambling to find a way to pay for a digital signal.

The digital converter boxes cost anywhere between $50 and $80, but with the government coupon the price could be cut in half.

Now that the coupons have run out some families say they've run out of options.  Kathi and Sara Rogers, like many others, still rely on their TV signal from an antenna.  The Rogers haven't applied for their $40 government coupon and now worry about covering the cost of a converter box.

MORE

I ordered a coupon last March.  Never got it because they never sent it.  They won't send a replacement because their records show I already requested a coupon.  Doesn't matter if they ever sent it or not.   :bird:  I know several folks in the same situation...ordered but never received....and they are also S.O.L.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
Re: Gov't Has Run Out Of DTV Convertor Box Coupons
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 02:12:45 PM »
I let mine expire. Luckily my wife's grandfather got his box, but diden't need it. Now we have one.  :innocent:  Ya it's great, all TWO stations we sort-of get.  :p
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline THA HOUSTON PIMP IS IN DA HOUZ!

• I pimp; you GET pimped.
Re: Gov't Has Run Out Of DTV Convertor Box Coupons
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 04:02:02 PM »
ah yes, another gubmint program run so ingeniously.    NOT!
 :censored: