Author Topic: NFL: Which Team is "Your Team"  (Read 7494 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: NFL: Which Team is "Your Team"
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2008, 01:35:31 PM »
Yes it was, but he just jumped into the bed Umenyura made for him.  If the NE D. hadn't held Brady down completely, Eli would have been 21 points behind and never had a chance for the last minute heroics.  You have to look at the whole game, not just the fun part at the end.

The guys in the trenches are who got it done on this SB.  Keeping Eli vertical and Brady Horizontal was the difference in the game.

::) How many games has a defense ever won? I mean, let's just assume that the offensive line just stays in the locker room.  :whatever:

The defensive line performed amazingly. The offense is what scored 17 points.

Yes, but the D is what put the O in a position to win.  Great game plan, great execution.

But even if I give you your point, it was the O-LINE that gave Eli the chance (except maybe that Great Escape -- OOH OOH I have coined a name for that play -- the Great Escape!!!  AHHH, I need to copyright it!!)
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2008, 01:37:29 PM »
I don't want to hear anyone bitch about their team.  I have the Falcons as a "hometown" team.  They've never had back to back winning seasons in the history of the franchise.  That's about as bad as it gets.

On a side note, I root for players more than teams.  If you played college ball at "the U" then I root for ya.  So I like some players on all the teams.

I'm not sure that the Lions have had a winning season since 57. :sarcasm:
They had a few decent seasons under Wayne "we don't worry till the second half of the season" Fontes.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline DaSaintFan

« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2008, 03:11:32 PM »
New orleans. .. first game I ever remember seeing on TV was in 1973, when we were living in/around the chicago area.. (don't remember the exact city anymore)... and my little brother was just born the previous year...  just so happened, the game on TV just happened to be a "forever to be hated" chicago bears vs. New Orleans Saints, with some guy by the name of Manning., leading the Saints to a win over the B'ars.. So it became official... The Saints became my favorite team just to spite my little brother  :-)

Offline THA HOUSTON PIMP IS IN DA HOUZ!

• I pimp; you GET pimped.
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2008, 04:14:24 PM »
Even though I'm from Houston, The Packers are my team.

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2008, 06:58:45 PM »
The Mother :censored: Philadelphia  :censored: -ing Eagles.  :bawl:  :banghead:  :bawl:
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline THA HOUSTON PIMP IS IN DA HOUZ!

• I pimp; you GET pimped.
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2008, 10:34:47 PM »
The Mother :censored: Philadelphia  :censored: -ing Eagles.  :bawl:  :banghead:  :bawl:

Yall need to start Kevin Kalb.

the dude is the real deal.

I saw him firsthand down here in Houston while he was playing at the Univ. of Houston.

He will shine.