Author Topic: What are you cooking/eating for Christmas?  (Read 7158 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: What are you cooking/eating for Christmas?
« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2008, 09:10:58 PM »
I am STILL full and stuffed. 

Today's menu was:

We started out the morning with Bloody Marys.  And they were absolutely perfect. :cheersmate:

meat & cheese platter for sandwiches (my aunt cooked and carved a ham, and did these little roast beef rolls also, with some cheddar and provolone cheese)
potato salad
sausages (the little ones)
cranberry sauce
green bean casserole
home-made fried chicken strips (for my cousin, who won't eat anything unless its a chicken strip or cheese  :whatever: )
cherry pie
carrot cake
minced meat pie
assorted home-made cookies and treats, which included these little pastry pillows filled with walnuts and honey... heavenly! ( I have the recipe for them, but will only share at a specific price  :p )
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2008, 09:14:52 PM »
home-made fried chicken strips (for my cousin, who won't eat anything unless its a chicken strip or cheese  :whatever: )

Hm.  Fat, starch, dairy, and protein.  Sounds lovely.  :lmao:
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2008, 09:21:21 PM »
Hm.  Fat, starch, dairy, and protein.  Sounds lovely.  :lmao:

Unfortunately, we all know why she's like that: her father.  He and my cousin (14 now) are picky eaters to the extreme.  They won't eat anything red, unless its ketchup (they won't touch tomatoes, though).  They HAVE to have a separate potato salad made just for them without certain important ingredients.  My cousin doesn't drink anything carbonated as she knows its bad for her.  I reminded her that fried chicken strips are unhealthy, and she actually had the nerve to tell me I was wrong. :mental:    Picky people miss out on a lot of things.  I can understand if its for health reasons, but in the case of my uncle and cousin...no such health problems exist to warrant their pickiness (except for the soda).   They (especially the cousin) are a bit on the LOONY side.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2008, 09:23:32 PM »
Unfortunately, we all know why she's like that: her father.  He and my cousin (14 now) are picky eaters to the extreme.  They won't eat anything red, unless its ketchup (they won't touch tomatoes, though).  They HAVE to have a separate potato salad made just for them without certain important ingredients.  My cousin doesn't drink anything carbonated as she knows its bad for her.  I reminded her that fried chicken strips are unhealthy, and she actually had the nerve to tell me I was wrong. :mental:    Picky people miss out on a lot of things.  I can understand if its for health reasons, but in the case of my uncle and cousin...no such health problems exist to warrant their pickiness (except for the soda).   They (especially the cousin) are a bit on the LOONY side.

Really?  :mental:
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2008, 09:26:10 PM »
Really?  :mental:

Thank GOD my parents forced me to try new foods early on as a toddler.  I mentioned the idea of eating crawfish and alligator to my cousin, and she freaked.  :lmao:

Offline Atomic Lib Smasher

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2008, 12:32:02 AM »
We had the usual; ham, green beans, tons of potatoes... both mashed and sweet, Hawaiian sweet rolls, ambrosia salad, pork loin, dumplings, stuffing and pecan and cherry pie along with this cheesecake coffee cake deal that was pretty good. My wife did make a beverage called Wassail, and it was pretty good.

Ya take one gallon of apple cider, pour it in a crockpot, add a few sticks of cinnamon, a few teaspoons of nutmeg, a pat of butter, and 2 or 3 orange slices and put it on high for an hour and then let it simmer for a while. Pretty good stuff.

Liberalism is the philosophy of the stupid! - Mark R. Levin

Offline debk

« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2008, 10:26:53 AM »
Went to an early afternoon brunch yesterday....sort of a "potluck" one.

Bloody Mary's
Christmas Punch w/ alcohol

Banana and pumpkin breads w/ cream cheese
Homemade biscuits w/ ham or sausage
Chicken, bacon, cheese ring
Baked cheese grits (they were delicious - I ate 3 helpings)
Paula Deen's ham (don't waste your money)
Twice baked potatoes
Chocolate Chiffon Pie

I made Gorilla Balls and Caramel Pecan Sticky Buns

After Christmas Eve dinner here and then baking yesterday morning....I came home and went to bed... :-)...it was wonderful!
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.