Author Topic: Forecasting pig to opine on US economy  (Read 3172 times)

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
Forecasting pig to opine on US economy
« on: February 01, 2008, 02:49:23 PM »
"Darke County Dave," a local hog, will opine — or oswine — on America's economic outlook on Friday, the Ohio treasurer's office said.

In his inaugural outing, Dave will choose between a trough of sugar or one of sawdust to gauge the the economy's future course at the event in Greenville, Ohio, northwest of Dayton. Sugar means the US economy will run sweetly, while sawdust ...

Ohio Treasurer Richard Cordray, apparently unaware of WC Fields' show business adage to "never work with children or animals," will be the keynote speaker at the event, which is sponsored by a Darke County Realtors association.

"I am familiar with bear and bull markets, but hogs are a new one on me," Cordray, an economist who studied at Oxford and the University of Chicago, said on Thursday.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=374135

I haven't been able to find out what Dave predicted.  Perhaps there will be an update later in the day.

Offline VelvetElvis

• Misunderestimated
  • Drill Sgt for the DeathSquadHateForce
Re: Forecasting pig to opine on US economy
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2008, 03:40:44 PM »
I ham anxiously awaiting Dark County Dave's porknostications about our baconomic future!!
Proud Member of the Death Squad Hate Force Since  1980

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2008, 03:43:33 PM »
I ham anxiously awaiting Dark County Dave's porknostications about our baconomic future!!
Me too, I hope it comes through before I have to trotter off to bed.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2008, 04:44:25 PM »
Oh yay.  The liberals will be twice as upset about the news.  First, the news itself, second, the piggy pronouncer may be eaten if the economy doesn't improve.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2008, 08:43:31 PM »
I would be more inclined to trust the forecasting of the pig over the swine in the news media. At least the hog does not have dementia or an agenda.

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2008, 10:12:49 PM »
If he choses the sawdust that streamlines the production of hot dogs.  So that should be good for the hot dog sector of the economy.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey