Author Topic: Last ride  (Read 4001 times)

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Last ride
« on: December 20, 2008, 04:01:32 PM »
Sold the tractor this past summer with an eye on moving out of here but this was my last "hook" with it in August of 2007.

[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uF_6fk607pY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uF_6fk607pY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: Last ride
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2008, 04:22:49 PM »
What model year's the tractor?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2008, 04:37:42 PM »
What model year's the tractor?

I would have to look up the Serial Number to be certain but if I remember correctly it was built in 1973.

Offline Zeus

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2008, 05:46:54 PM »
Depending upon soil conditions you should be able to pull 50 - 60 foot of cultivator with ease. turn arounds could be a bitch but I suppose one would get used to it.  :lmao:

Power distribution to the hydrolic system might be a tad tricky to work out but doable.
It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2008, 06:11:14 PM »
Depending upon soil conditions you should be able to pull 50 - 60 foot of cultivator with ease. turn arounds could be a bitch but I suppose one would get used to it.  :lmao:

Power distribution to the hydrolic system might be a tad tricky to work out but doable.

Fuel consumption would bankrupt a person. :p

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2008, 06:11:49 PM »
Are you moving far? You live in a really beautiful area judging by the pics you've posted.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2008, 07:03:02 PM »
Are you moving far? You live in a really beautiful area judging by the pics you've posted.

Someplace warm I hope. :)

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2008, 07:03:57 PM »
Someplace warm I hope. :)

If you like NY rules and regulations, North Carolina isn't bad.  Lots of small towns if you stay out of Charlotte (Raleigh isn't very big).  And you're only an hour and a half from the Outer Banks.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2009, 10:46:00 PM »
If you like NY rules and regulations, North Carolina isn't bad.  Lots of small towns if you stay out of Charlotte (Raleigh isn't very big).  And you're only an hour and a half from the Outer Banks.

I was never truly impressed with the Outer Banks. I did kind of like the Asheville to RDU area
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson