Author Topic: The way to bring down Wal-Mart  (Read 1397 times)

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
  • One more month, and I can forget about Obama.
The way to bring down Wal-Mart
« on: February 01, 2008, 11:39:02 AM »
China_cat  (1000+ posts)      Fri Feb-01-08 12:19 PM
Original message
The way to bring down Wal-Mart
 About these advertisementsThis might sound like blasphemy, but every person, and every union local, should buy Wal-Mart stock.

As a stockholder you can't be kept out of yearly meetings. When the Wal-Mart hierarchy expounds on how their stockholders expect them to use their business model in order to gain dividends, there would be a large VOTING block at those meetings to say it's a lie. If they try to throw you out, the media should love the story of stockholders not being able to voice their opinions. (And if the msm doesn't cover it, the internet would make it widely known)

Dividends earned from the stock could be used to fund organization efforts. Use their greed against them.

Refresh | 0 Recommendations Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | Top
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=367x7176

China_cat  (1000+ posts)      Fri Feb-01-08 12:31 PM
Response to Reply #2
4. But think about what the combination could do
 A big bunch of people who never shop there but do own their stock and attend meetings and vote? Not to mention being able to say "Yes, I own Wal-Mart stock but I don't shop there and don't think you should either."
 Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | Top

Then they'd all bitch because their stocks plummetted.  It would be the evil Wal-Mart sticking it to them again.
I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
Re: The way to bring down Wal-Mart
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2008, 11:43:55 AM »
Just out of curiosity, anyone know how many people Wal-Mart employs?

F'n DUmmies. Idiots all.  :whatever:

The only way to stop Wal-Mart is to stop SHOPPING at Wal-Mart....EVERYONE. ....but since getting a DUmmie to understand basic Capitalism is more of a reality that that, the point is moot.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2008, 11:53:12 AM »

The only way to stop Wal-Mart is to stop SHOPPING at Wal-Mart....EVERYONE. ....but since getting a DUmmie to understand basic Capitalism is more of a reality that that, the point is moot.

I've read the small DU thread.  The DUmmies have the same wrong notion about corporations as they do about the federal government.  DUmmies think both work inside the rules of a democracy.  They think it is mob rule.  The DUmmies think Wal-Mart's business plan is based on the whimsy of its stockholders.  We call them DUmmies for a good reason.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2008, 12:18:24 PM »

Fergus Cullen (NH GOP chair) is most of the time a useless waste and a mouth-breather, but he's starting to fight back against the Dems.  He made an observation that in 1991, Wal-Mart didn't exist in New Hampshire, but today it's the state's biggest employer. 

This is bad how, exactly?
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline WinOne4TheGipper

• Enemy of DU
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2008, 12:21:26 PM »

IIRC, it's about 1.3-1.6 million associates nationwide.

On another issue though, this same idea was posted at the DUmp quite a few months back, so it's yet another recycled post...
“Sometimes the curses of the godless sound better than the hallelujahs of the pious.”

Martin Luther

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2008, 12:22:07 PM »

Walmart has 1.4 million employees. I think it can be found on the walmart facts webpage.

"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline jukin

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2008, 02:33:51 PM »
Me thinks the DUmpmonkey has never owned a share of stock.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.