Author Topic: Franken opens first lead in Minn. Senate race  (Read 4390 times)

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
Franken opens first lead in Minn. Senate race
« on: December 19, 2008, 06:19:59 PM »

the lead could be deceiving, because the last challenged ballots that were pulled back from the franken campaign were probably mostly for coleman.  but this isn't good news.

Franken opens first lead in Minn. Senate race

ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) — Democrat Al Franken edged ahead of Republican incumbent Norm Coleman on Friday for the first time in Minnesota's long-running U.S. Senate recount.

Franken opened up a slight lead on the fourth day of a state Canvassing Board meeting to decide the fate of hundreds of disputed ballots.

The change was notable because Coleman led Franken in election night returns and also held a 188-vote lead before the board took up challenged ballots. But its significance was limited, with the possibility the lead could change again before the long recount ends.

The board had several hundred remaining challenges to resolve, with a goal of doing so by Friday. Both Coleman and Franken are also waiting to see how much they gain from some 5,000 challenges that they withdrew, and the board won't allocate those until Monday.

The outcome of the recount also depends on an estimated 1,600 absentee ballots that were improperly rejected. The state Supreme Court ruled Thursday that those ballots must be counted, and set a Dec. 31 deadline for counties to work with the candidates to identify and count them.

More

Offline Lord Undies

Re: Franken opens first lead in Minn. Senate race
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2008, 06:22:12 PM »
I've changed my mind.  Norm will win.   

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2008, 06:41:36 PM »
I've changed my mind.  Norm will win.   

I think we're screwed in MN.  the "mistakenly invalidated ballots" will be people that couldn't follow instructions, but their "intent" was retroactively discernible.  those are always democrats.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2008, 06:49:39 PM »
I think we're screwed in MN.  the "mistakenly invalidated ballots" will be people that couldn't follow instructions, but their "intent" was retroactively discernible.  those are always democrats.

The seat nor Franken are that important anymore, and not worth the bad press.  Someone is going to get hit upside the head.  Franken is going bye-bye.

(just my prudent opinion, of course) 

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2008, 07:55:43 PM »
The seat nor Franken are that important anymore, and not worth the bad press.  Someone is going to get hit upside the head.  Franken is going bye-bye.

(just my prudent opinion, of course) 

my personal opinion is that we should give the ****ing (non) funny man the seat.

he will shame himself out of it quickly.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2008, 08:33:37 PM »
my personal opinion is that we should give the ******* (non) funny man the seat.

They've been saying that about Ted Kennedy for 45 years.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2008, 07:21:47 PM »
They've been saying that about Ted Kennedy for 45 years.

Aye.. The only thing that keeps him afloat (pun intended) is the family name.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2008, 10:35:27 AM »
my personal opinion is that we should give the ****ing (non) funny man the seat.

Six years is not what most people regard as "quickly," and that buttnugget has no sense of shame whatsoever, so short of a recall (if they even have that in MN) or the rest of the Senators beating him to death a win means his ugly shovel-toothed mug will be grandstanding on the idiot box until at last 2014.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.