Author Topic: Sweet treats for Valentine's Day  (Read 1885 times)

Offline Flame

Sweet treats for Valentine's Day
« on: January 31, 2008, 09:32:08 AM »
Here are some ideas you can make for your sweetheart...
http://www.culinary.net/articlesfeatures/featurearticlearchive/articles/05597.html

You are here: main  articles  food article archive
Say I Love You
With Deliciously Easy Handmade Treats
Valentine's Day

I'm Fondue of You
Love Dots
Poke-a-Dot Heart Cake
X's and O's

(Family Features) - This Valentine's Day, show how much you love and care with handmade treats. Put a smile on someone's face (maybe your elderly neighbor's), warm a heart (your sweetie's) or make your friends and family feel a little happier with delicious chocolate confections you've made in your kitchen. They look and taste wonderful, and they're also easy to make — when you use velvety milk or dark chocolate hearts and colorful, versatile candy-covered chocolates.

Give X's and O's (easy-to-make cookies) to everyone on your Valentine's list. Make miniature "love dot" cupcakes even more special with rich, silky and indulgent chocolate hearts. Whip up everything from heart-shaped "poke-a-dot" cakes to a fun and easy fondue — just plunge, dip, soak or plop everything from strawberries to marshmallows in the luscious, melted chocolate. They're all delicious ways to melt hearts this Valentine's Day.

For more recipes for hand made Valentine's treats and family activities visit www.brightideas.com.

I'm Fondue of You
Plunge. Dip. Soak. Plop. Everyone has their own fondue style ... which means chocolate fun for everyone!

1 bag Dove Brand Dark Chocolate Hearts
1 bag Milky Way Brand Minis for Valentine's Day
1 cup heavy cream
Assorted fresh and dried fruits (pineapple, apple, strawberries, grapes)
Regular-sized marshmallows
Store-bought cookies

In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate hearts, candy bar minis and heavy cream.
Heat in microwave 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
Pour warm chocolate mixture into bowl surrounded with fruits, marshmallows and cookies.
Can be made in advance, and re-heated when ready to serve!
Makes 1 fondue

Tip: For silky smooth chocolate dipping sauce, substitute 1 bag Promises Dark Chocolates for Milky Way Minis for Valentine's Day. 

(more ideas at the link)

Offline Lord Undies

Re: Sweet treats for Valentine's Day
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2008, 10:50:51 AM »
 :old:  Now I have a cavity in my dentures.