Author Topic: Pedro Picasso looks at Republicans  (Read 2070 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Pedro Picasso looks at Republicans
« on: January 31, 2008, 09:03:08 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2797427

Oh my.

Atman  (1000+ posts)       Thu Jan-31-08 09:58 AM
Original message

Anyone concerned about our final two choices only has to look at the Repubs 

About these advertisementsCan you imagine being a Republican and having to choose between the guys they have? Romney, the serial liar. McCain the war-mongering amnesty guy, Crazy Ron Paul, or Huckleberry Hound. We have to two good, history-making candidates left, even if you can't necessarily stomach the hatchet-job the media is going to do on them. But the Republicans...they'll have to do some serious nose-holding to vote for "traitorous" McCain, their likely nominee. I think many would sooner stay home and say "Well, let's let the dems have at it for a few years, how much worse could it get?"

We can only hope.

The media analyst to the primitives, Pedro Picasso, just lit this particular campfire, and so there's no primitives at it yet.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
Re: Pedro Picasso looks at Republicans
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2008, 09:09:24 AM »
Atman  (1000+ posts)       Thu Jan-31-08 09:58 AM
Original message

Anyone concerned about our final two choices only has to look at the Repubs

About these advertisements Can you imagine being a Republican and having to choose between the guys they have? Romney, the serial liar(Successfully ran a business as CEO and Governor of Massachusetts). McCain the war-mongering amnesty guy(Led the Navy's largest command), Crazy Ron Paul(Ok, I'll give you that one), or Huckleberry Hound(Governor of Arkansas). We have to two good, history-making candidates left(What the hell have either one of them actually done?), even if you can't necessarily stomach the hatchet-job the media is going to do on them. But the Republicans...they'll have to do some serious nose-holding to vote for "traitorous" McCain, their likely nominee. I think many would sooner stay home and say "Well, let's let the dems have at it for a few years, how much worse could it get?"

We can only hope.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2008, 09:10:27 AM »
Oh, I get it. One's black, the other a female. Yeah, that's a reason to vote for someone.  :whatever:
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2008, 09:13:37 AM »
Pretty funny that Attman has to 'hope' the Republicans STAY HOME rather than think they will crossover to vote for their "Good History Making Candidates".   :-)

Good Luck with that!   :tongue:

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline jukin

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2008, 10:23:41 AM »
Oh, I get it. One's black, the other a female. Yeah, that's a reason to vote for someone.  :whatever:

Identy politics is all the dimocrat party has.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2008, 10:36:26 AM »
Well, the few primitives who've wandered over to this campfire appear to be pretty glum about the whole deal.

whistle  (1000+ posts)       Thu Jan-31-08 10:04 AM
Response to Original message

1. You are forgetting that Michael Bloomberg could buy his way into...the nomination at the republican convention and then the presidency. Nothing is cast in stone.

Johonny (1000+ posts)      Thu Jan-31-08 11:02 AM
Response to Reply #1

3. word is Bloomberg supports McCain, wouldn't force a three way race against him.

bpeale  (1000+ posts)     Thu Jan-31-08 10:12 AM

2. the price of not having a candidate people can get behind is McCain & Romney. people will get the government they DESERVE. and they will deserve them. so cut the rah, rah, rah vote democrat crap! it is meaningless.

ThomWV  (1000+ posts)      Thu Jan-31-08 11:03 AM

4. Our lack-luster candidate runs against their dud and someone tell me how the people benefit.

It looks like Pedro Picasso lit some damp firewood, with this one.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2008, 04:37:15 PM »
ThomWV  (1000+ posts)      Thu Jan-31-08 11:03 AM

4. Our lack-luster candidate runs against their dud and someone tell me how the people benefit.

Compared to their lack-luster candidates, Mitt Romney actually looks good.  :yawn:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2008, 05:15:46 PM »
Let's see what the dems are offering. Hillary who'll say anything to get elected and Obama who'll say just the opposite of what ever Hillary says. Top of the lines choices you got there dems.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2008, 05:39:48 PM »
Actually when Oprah said vote for Obama....that's what made me decide who to vote for.  :whatever:
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn