Author Topic: The Clinton Rezko Photo is a FAKE!!!!!!!  (Read 2898 times)

Offline Miss Mia

The Clinton Rezko Photo is a FAKE!!!!!!!
« on: January 30, 2008, 07:45:15 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x4297948#4299124
1corona4u  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)
Wed Jan-30-08 04:13 PM
Original message
The Clinton Rezko Photo is a FAKE!!!!!!!

I'll explain the best I can in layman terms. When you layer something onto a photo, you have basically one option to remove the excess of the top layer. If you lay something onto a photo, to avoid having it conspicious, you need to 'erase' the excess. In the Rezko/Clinton photo, the person who did it, did not do a very good job of erasing escess. I looked for the cleanest example of the photo I could find on the internet, because some of the copies are very dirty, pixel wise.

Exhibit 1.

Here is the full photo I used, untouched by me;

picture at link

Ehxibit 2.

If I take that same photo into PSP, and lighten it, color and gamma, so as to enhance the background, you see this;

picture at link

Exhibit 3.

Blowing it up and examining the background, we see this;

picture at link

Exhibit 4.
Now, if you look at the shoulder area of BC, you will see that the curtain has been laid on TOP of his shoulder;

picture at link

And the same area, even larger;

picture at link

So, in my opinion, and I do graphics all day, every day, it's been doctored. I think what they did was, took the entire top part of the photo, imposed Rezko's head onto that part, merged it, in a single image, then tried to match it up on the original photo. The reason they would do this is, because once those layers are merged,(say the head area)it becomes harder to see where said piece was joined. But, in this case, they didn't bother to clean up the rough edges around the part of the top half, they laid on top of the original. They would know peope would be looking at the face/head areas, so they went wider/deeper.

You can also see the hard-line of color on Rezko's collar;

picture at link

There's absolutely no reason for there to be a color change on a hard line, under Rezko's chin. Not even a shadow falls in a dead straight line.

Nope, someone doctored it. Now if I could just find the original Rezko photo.....

Good photoshop expert here.   ::)  Very funny replies, here's some:

quart  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Wed Jan-30-08 04:17 PM
Response to Original message
9. Can you send it to Olbermann?

Although he seems to adore Obama so he might not care.

1corona4u Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Wed Jan-30-08 04:20 PM
Response to Reply #9
17. I could....

and after spending an hour studying this photo, I have no doubt it was faked. None. I know there are a lot of sites looking for the source of the photo. If you search Google for "clinton rezko photo fake' a lot of people are asking about it.

Bornaginhooligan Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Wed Jan-30-08 04:25 PM
Response to Reply #17
34. This took you an hour?

:rofl:

1corona4u Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Wed Jan-30-08 04:36 PM
Response to Reply #34
68. Actually it only took me about 10 minutes...

but I wanted to make really sure before I said anything, so I looked it over many, many times.

simskl  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Wed Jan-30-08 04:30 PM
43. You've got way too much time on your hands n/t

1corona4u Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Wed Jan-30-08 04:43 PM
Response to Reply #43
91. Not really...

I just made the time...

zulchzulu  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Wed Jan-30-08 04:41 PM
84. As one who knows Photoshop since V 1.0, you can't be serious   Updated at 10:13 PM

You can't detect a retouched photo when the web version is already at a very low resolution. Also, if you were even a half-assed junior league Photoshop pixel monkey, you'd have gotten a photo of someone in that suit and then just swapped out the head.

If you can find a Rezko head with the same stare and in another situation, that might be more credible.

Nice try...just like trying to find Obama guilty of anything in the case...

1corona4u Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Wed Jan-30-08 04:49 PM
Response to Reply #84
99. I don't use Photoshop...

it's minor league.

zulchzulu Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Wed Jan-30-08 04:57 PM
Response to Reply #99
116. You use what? Gimp?   Updated at 10:13 PM

LSK Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Wed Jan-30-08 05:02 PM
Response to Reply #116
121. PAINT SHOP PRO!!!   Updated at 1:02 PM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1corona4u Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Wed Jan-30-08 05:42 PM
Response to Reply #121
175. And others..

Qutzupalotl Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Wed Jan-30-08 05:03 PM
Response to Reply #116
124. Magic 8-Ball

All signs point to...doctoring!!

And my favorite:

izzybeans  (1000+ posts) Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Wed Jan-30-08 07:25 PM
204. This reminds of the time in the 911 forum

where the poster demonstrated how the towers could not have fallen with a wire cage.

**** this is stupid.

Funny thread.
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: The Clinton Rezko Photo is a FAKE!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 07:49:10 PM »
Rezko was built from chicken wire and concrete....

edit: damn DUmmy beat me! 
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 07:51:33 PM »
izzybeans  (1000+ posts)
204. This reminds of the time in the 911 forum

where the poster demonstrated how the towers could not have fallen with a wire cage.

**** this is stupid.

:rotf:
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 07:51:45 PM »
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 07:56:49 PM »
and after all that, who cares?

i think its very likely that hilary and billy clinton have been photographed with tens of thousands of people, at hundreds of events in the past 16 years.

if there is a money link to rezko, then find that... this picture means. and it proves nothing.

even if its faked, it proves nothing.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2008, 07:58:31 PM »
Look who raises his head up out of the drool long enough to have an opinion -

Atman  (1000+ posts)         Wed Jan-30-08 06:20 PM
141. I have no dog in this fight, BUT...   
   As a Photoshop user since Version 1, I can show you a PS'd picture of your grandma doin' the 49'ers and make it convincing. Seriously...I've been working with PS since some of you were in diapers.

THIS PICTURE IS PHOTOSHOPPED.

I'm not a Clinton Supporter. I have nothing to gain by debunking this, but I'm telling you, those ard pixels on the shoulder are a dead give-away. The PSer did a piss-poor job of blending the background to match the foreground. Period.

Remember, I'm not a Hillary supporter. I'd love to say "AH-HA!" if this would prove something that would knock Hillary out of the race. But it doesn't. It's bullshit.

:rotf:

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2008, 08:03:51 PM »
Nailzberg  (1000+ posts)        Wed Jan-30-08 06:35 PM
161. If you are so convinced in your debunking, perhaps you should contact CNN
   I'm sure they'd love to hear about it. Of course, every major news organization has photo and graphics departments, and probably analyze photos for authenticity all the time.

Whatever you do DON'T send it to CBS.   :rotf:

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2008, 08:04:08 PM »
DUmmies really are like a room full of little yammering dogs chasing their own and each others tails. ::)

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2008, 08:14:18 PM »
Who remembers the rabbit cage experiment?  :lmao:

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2008, 08:26:11 PM »

I do!  That's why I thought it was so funny.   :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2008, 08:48:02 PM »
HERE YA GO!!!!!!! LINK TO THE MOST STUPID POST AT DU EVER!!
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=125x56836

I saved it the last time because when I am depressed and feeling down about myself I can always rely on the fact that Spooked911 is wayyyyyyyyyyyyy worse off than I am. :-)
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2008, 08:51:29 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=125x56836

I saved it the last time because when I am depressed and feeling down about myself I can always rely on the fact that Spooked911 is wayyyyyyyyyyyyy worse off than I am. :-)

Ahh, good times, good times.   :lmao:
Stink Eye

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2008, 08:51:32 PM »

I am so pinning this link.  :-)

Offline Lauri

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2008, 09:04:16 PM »

I do!  That's why I thought it was so funny.   :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

it was hilarious.. and you know im not asking *you* "who cares?"  ...? Im asking the DUmmy..

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2008, 09:09:09 PM »

I am so pinning this link.  :-)

You can never say I don't contribute something to this board.   :-) :-) :-)
Stink Eye

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2008, 09:12:15 PM »

You can never say I don't contribute something to this board.   :-) :-) :-)

Yeah, I knew where to get it, but since I was banned from CU, I can't read links. It should be in Ralph's Top 10 list in B/W.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2008, 11:02:49 PM »
Even if the photo was entirely genuine, it wouldn't pove a damned thing one way or the other about the Clintons, it would simply be one of a hundred thousand or so touch-and-go photo ops with a local party backer or supporter, common as dirt for Presidents of both parties to do.  The only reason this comes up is for purposes of character assassination though guilt by association, and that is only occurring because Hitlery operatives have been trying like Hell to do exactly that to Obama over his association with the guy.

I also don't find his argument nearly as compelling as he does.  The pixel shift on the shoulder area is jarring but not necessarily from an insertion, it could be caused by inept editing of a genuine original photo to square up a shoulder, adjust the visual spacing, or some other inoccuous reason.  I don't really but the collar/chin area stuff at all, that entirely depends on the actual color values on the day and without a higher-def photo showing the tie, blemishes, etc. it's impossible to say if the OP's argument on that has any validity at all.  Without finding the parent photos from which this end product was supposedly merged, the whole thing boils down to 'maybe, maybe not.'   
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.