Author Topic: Well, it's official, the party's corporate elite have won  (Read 1728 times)

Offline Lauri

Well, it's official, the party's corporate elite have won
« on: January 30, 2008, 01:40:13 PM »
MadHound  (1000+ posts) Wed Jan-30-08 01:42 PM
Original message
Well, it's official, the party's corporate elite have won

About these advertisements
With the last nominal populist/liberal out of the race, we're down to corporately controlled candidate A or corporately controlled candidate B. Neither one of these two is going to put the needs of everyday Americans first, or even second, or even tenth. Their focus is going to be on paying back their corporate sponsors(after all, why invest all that money into a puppet if they're not going to perform tricks for you).

Despite all the sound and fury, both here and in the real world, there's really not a dime's worth of difference between the two. One preaches about hope, one preaches about the "good" times of the past. Yet neither of them is preaching about what really matters.

Yet we're going to be told we have to vote for one of these people, after all, who else you're going to vote for, McCain? We're going to be beaten over the head with the notion that we "owe" our vote to one of these very seriously flawed candidates. But do we, really? I would say that the answer is no, but rather it is the party who owes us a decent candidate that we can vote for. After all, what the hell has the party done for us lately? When elected with a mandate to stop the war, Congress hasn't done so. No! When elected with a mandate to stop the worst of Bush's excesses, have they done so? No! Rather, they have enabled this war to go on its bloody way, killing more and more people. They have not only failed to curb Bush, but actually helped him in his madness. And yet we're supposed to take all this, come back and say "Thank you, may I have another?" **** no.

I don't know what I'm going to do this fall, it is, at this point, to depressing to think about. Hell, I'm facing next Tuesday with the nobody that I want to vote for, in fact what's left are the two candidates I want to vote against. As far as the election next fall, :shrug: But I do know one thing, while Hillary or Obama will win the nomination, we the people have just lost.

Welcome to the two party/same corporate master system of government.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x4292519

they are very dispirited today ..
« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 01:42:44 PM by Lauri »

Offline Lauri

Re: Well, it's official, the party's corporate elite have won
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 01:41:38 PM »
Duke Newcombe  (111 posts)   Wed Jan-30-08 01:47 PM
Response to Original message
3. Yes, I can hear...   Updated at 1:47 PM

their boots marching down the street to my house, come to take my children and frog-march them down to the shirtwaist factory...

If we can get away from the "evil corporation" meme, and hold them accountable WHEN THEY ACTUALLY DESERVE IT instead of for BEING WHAT THEY ARE, perhaps the Republicans wouldn't be able to make the "we're your only hope" baseless appeal.

Duke

wth?  :mental:
« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 01:43:29 PM by Lauri »

Offline Lauri

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 01:44:44 PM »
MonkeyFunk  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Wed Jan-30-08 01:50 PM
Response to Original message
6. Why do so many here hate the voters?

The winnowing of the field we've seen has all been because of the voters.

There were many debates. People watched them and decided. It's whiny to bitch about the media or the corporations when your guy doesn't make it.

Voters have given us what we have today.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 01:56:05 PM »
I'm still flabbergasted any DUmmie would think John "Corporate Whore" Edwards was a sane alternative to alleviate their unnatural fear of corporations.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 02:08:08 PM »
I'm still flabbergasted any DUmmie would think John "Corporate Whore" Edwards was a sane alternative to alleviate their unnatural fear of corporations.

yeah, when you have the trial lawyers association behind ya.. that aint small potatoes.