Author Topic: Dummy fears McCain  (Read 2253 times)

Offline Full-Auto

• Topic Moderator
Dummy fears McCain
« on: January 30, 2008, 12:56:01 PM »
CTyankee  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)
Wed Jan-30-08 03:15 PM
Original message
I'm losing hope if we are seeing McCain emerge as Repub candidate. Talk me out of it!

I'm imagining how any of our candidates would do against McCain and I'm getting more and more depressed. Here's why:

*McCain's candidacy will be seen as acceptable to most Republicans. They'll view him as "different" from Bush so it'll be "OK" to vote for him. They won't leave their party and come in droves to the Democratic Party, as we had so fondly hoped.

*The Democratic Party has become indelibly linked to black, inner city folks and to pointy headed liberal academics. "The poor and the precious" as Matt Bai describes us. Therefore, we are written off before we get out of the gate.

*The worst racists and mysogynists are in the Republican Party. Neither of our top two candidates will be acceptable to them, no way, no how. You cannot debate with these people as they are brain damaged by their unreasoning bigotry. They may nod their heads when we talk about issues of tax fairness and the futility of the Iraq War. But in their minds they just can't see themselves voting for a Democrat for president.

*Voting Republican is comfortable to lots of people who would not consider themselves "political." Say what you will about the Republicans, they have done a good job of making our party look like an alien species, unconnected to what "real" Americans think.

Like most of you, I've tried to win over this kind of voter only to have them, eventually, say something that tips me off that they are going to go right out and vote Republican just like they did 4 years ago and 8 years ago. McCain makes it easier for them to claim they want something "different" while sticking to their old ways of thinking.

Got any hope for this depressed Democrat?

LINK

Poor DUmmy is flipping out already.

What cracks me up is the bolded statement.  DUmmy, you loons make yourselves look like an "alien species".  We don't make you look crazy, you do that all on your lonesome. 

But the DUmmy is right about one thing, people are comfortable voting Republican because they know your average Republican isn't a complete loon.  They tend to be more level headed, fair, honest, and dependable. 

And because McCain is a libtard sympathizer he may draw more of your party to him, so you should be scared... just not for the reasons you mentioned.


Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
Re: Dummy fears McCain
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 01:01:49 PM »
Oh, c'mon--the primitives are afraid of anyone to the right of Stalin.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Lauri

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 01:23:14 PM »
its amazing how 'pointed headed elitists' get it so wrong, time after time.

so far, i see nothing but rancor and hostility about McCain being shoved down our throats.

i dont see republicans clamoring to support McCain, i see the opposite.

i'm going to keep operating under the illusion that independants and dems in Florida caucused for McCain to pump up his numbers and just leave it at that. we'll see what happens on Tuesday though.. Rush keeps saying McCain is out of money, so, if he's The Guy.. why isnt he getting the dollars to support his lead? If he runs out of money, how is he going to keep going forward?

I think this is going to make many turns in the next few weeks..

And we cant forget about a third party jumping in to totally screw it all up ..

Offline jukin

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 05:26:16 PM »
67% of the people voted AGAINST HIM.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 05:56:13 PM »
67% of the people voted AGAINST HIM.

The BIG story is that out of the 3,640,000 votes cast, over 200,000 more votes went to the Republicans than to the democrats in Florida.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2008, 06:18:02 PM »
John McCain is still 11,000 delegates short of actually winning the Republican nomination.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2008, 11:13:21 PM »
John McCain is still 11,000 delegates short of actually winning the Republican nomination.

11,000??

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2008, 11:34:27 PM »
Despite the dismal prospects of having McCain for our candidate, the one bright spot is that it will make the moonbats even more miserable than it makes us.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2008, 04:35:42 PM »
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.