Author Topic: Democrat Leaders Say Deficit Spending Needed to Boost Economy  (Read 2656 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Democrat Leaders Say Deficit Spending Needed to Boost Economy
« on: January 30, 2008, 12:11:27 PM »
Democrat Leaders Say Deficit Spending Needed to Boost Economy

By Josiah Ryan
CNSNews.com Staff Writer
January 30, 2008

On the Spot (CNSNews.com) - The $146-billion economic stimulus package passed by the U.S. House Tuesday is funded with borrowed money, but such deficit spending is necessary "to grow" the economy, according to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.). Pelosi also told Cybercast News Service that she does not know how long it will take to pay off the borrowed money.

Also on Tuesday, House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer (D-Md.) criticized the Bush administration for the federal deficit but told Cybercast News Service that deficit spending, as with the economic stimulus package, is sometimes necessary.

...so deficit spending for a dim economic project is okay, but deficit spending for national defense is bad.   :mental:

MORE
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
Re: moonbat Leaders Say Deficit Spending Needed to Boost Economy
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 12:19:55 PM »
well only in the alternate universe they seem to live in.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Democrat Leaders Say Deficit Spending Needed to Boost Economy
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2008, 03:22:20 PM »
Well....the dims are nothing if not consistant....

doc
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Uhhuh35

• Subtle Like A Nuclear Weapon
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2008, 08:19:40 PM »
Is there a thread about this in DUmmie land?

Probably not.  ::)
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
— Albert Einstein.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2008, 08:46:49 PM »
Washington politicians lie all the time.  They all know "deficit spending" is never a problem.  Not with our constant revolving door treasury. 

The US government really does have an endless supply of money.  It never stops.  I don't know why Washington bothers with the ruse of a budget anymore.  It can be spent twice as fast as it come in and there will never be a problem - until it stops.  As long as the economy is growing, it will never stop.  That's the only crack in the system.

Politicians use "deficit spending" warnings as a way to control the masses, or to try to get the masses to vote a certain way.  They know it is something people can misunderstand because the people have the knowledge only of their own money in their lives.  Joe Sixpack's money always  stops with the last digit on the last paycheck.  Joe doesn't get an hourly influx of money like Washington.  Joe really does think Washington is just like him and has only a certain amount of money to "live" on.    Joe doesn't understand the tax and spend revolving door at all.

That's why Washington gets away with the lie. 

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2008, 11:12:42 PM »
Correct me if I'm but wrong but isn't the current economic malady based on homebuyers assuming debt they could never repay thus leaving banks with worthless paper?

BTW - I once saw a political cartoon about FDR when he began advancing Keynesian economics and how deficit spending was supposedly good. FDR was dancing around a maypole singing, "We owe it to ourselves!"

It seems the dems have not moved-on after 70 years of failed economic policy and deepening debt.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."