Author Topic: Zero tolerance, zero intelligence...  (Read 2517 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Zero tolerance, zero intelligence...
« on: January 30, 2008, 11:55:52 AM »
2 Students Expelled for Kissing on South Carolina School Bus

COLUMBIA, S.C. —  The families of two Richland County high school students kicked out of school for kissing on a school bus are challenging a decision to expel the pair, an attorney said Tuesday.

Dominique Goyner and his girlfriend were expelled by the school board in October for the rest of the academic year, after they sat next to each other on the bus and kissed a few times, said Russell Brown, the boy's attorney.

School officials told Jody Free her son was being removed from school for "sexual misconduct."

"I saw the tape. They kissed maybe two minutes and the rest of bus ride home they leaned back on seat and that was it," Free said. "Had it been anything different, I would have said 'OK you two have to suffer the consequences."'

The district won't comment about the case, but stands by the decisions made by its officials and school board, spokeswoman Theresa Riley said.

A message left for the girl's attorney was not immediately returned Tuesday.

Goyner, who has received awards from Bythewood High School's ROTC, said he knows he was breaking a rule, but was shocked by the response from school officials. He is being home-schooled and hopes the expulsion won't stop him from attending a military academy after graduation.

MORE

:hammer:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
Re: Zero tolerance, zero intelligence...
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 11:59:25 AM »
A boy and a girl kissing? That's just crazy!

They'd have a shot if they were same sex. It could be considered a hate crime or something...  :whatever:
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 12:01:16 PM »
A suspension or not being allowed to ride the bus, I get.  Expelled?

Nah, zero-tolerance policies are just an excuse for administrators not to think.  How nice for them...  :loser:
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 12:17:22 PM »
^exactly. I really, really hate this context-free bullsh*t.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline SilverOrchid

• Proud momma of two little belles!
  • California Conservative-Yes, we exist!
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 01:40:42 PM »
I really don't understand why schools pass out condoms to middle schoolers and sneer at the thought that maybe they should keep in their pants and the legs closed till marriage but when it is something "normal" like kissing, they get all pissy and Church Lady. No wonder kids are confused.

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
  • Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2008, 05:05:38 PM »
I really don't understand why schools pass out condoms to middle schoolers and sneer at the thought that maybe they should keep in their pants and the legs closed till marriage but when it is something "normal" like kissing, they get all pissy and Church Lady. No wonder kids are confused.

Public Schools (and Liberalism) were never known for being rational.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 05:38:02 PM by Attero Dominatus »
Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2008, 08:31:10 PM »
Well, after slickwillie redefined what "is" is, I'm not really surprised that teachers and school administrators are confused as well.   :mental:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2008, 09:29:05 PM »
America needs another Attila the Hun or Vlad the Impaler to rid this nation of PC.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Flame

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2008, 08:22:46 AM »
OK, not that I agree with being expelled for kissing, but do you people realize what happens on busses these days?  I won't let my kids ride the bus.   Oral sex is not uncommon, not to mention smoking, drugs and weapons.   I can understand the no kissing rule.  I think the punishment was a bit extreme, but  I don't condemn the rule.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2008, 08:23:57 AM »
^Yes, it's shocking. A friend of mine drives a bus. The stories!!!!
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline SilverOrchid

• Proud momma of two little belles!
  • California Conservative-Yes, we exist!
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2008, 10:20:37 AM »
OK, not that I agree with being expelled for kissing, but do you people realize what happens on busses these days?  I won't let my kids ride the bus.   Oral sex is not uncommon, not to mention smoking, drugs and weapons.   I can understand the no kissing rule.  I think the punishment was a bit extreme, but  I don't condemn the rule.

I know what you mean. I was on a bus where some girl was ummmm being a giver with some guy. It is crazy what goes on. They really should have aides on ALL of the buses to watch them.