Author Topic: Fascist State Bouncy (complete with concentration camp survivor)  (Read 3506 times)

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
  • One more month, and I can forget about Obama.
azygous (37 posts)      Wed Jan-30-08 10:30 AM
Original message
We've arrived
 AdvertisementsIt's clear now that we're in a fascist state, and the Dems aren't going to turn that around, especially if the president '09 is Clinton. And Obama would be a push-over for the corps elite.

I want to tell you about a conversation I had yesterday with my old friend Edith. Edith is 79, lives alone in a house she built herself back when she was 65. She's now mostly blind but still fends pretty well for herself. She came to America in the 50's from Austria. Edith was in her twenties and she was a wild sort, and she right off decided she'd go to Alaska and seek her fortune, which, in those days if you were a young woman, meant looking for a husband.

Edith did well for herself over the years, landing not one, but three well-off husbands. But it's where Edith came from that makes her the indomitable spirit she is. She was a teen during the Hitler years. She ran black market cigarettes back and forth across the border between Germany and Austria, courting death or arrest if caught. She was only sixteen. Eventually Hitler invaded Austria and rounded up Edith and other Austrians whom he labeled as racially sub-par and put them into forced labor camps. She described what that was like and I don't think an anorexic could exist on the watered down soup they were fed which on a good day had a hand full of flour thrown in and a turnip in season.

Now to the point of the story. Edith has a friend, Tom, who's maybe 70, who comes to visit now and then to help with projects that need a second pair of hands and two good eyes. Tom, whom I've met, isn't the brightest bulb on the tree. But he's smart enough to despise Bush. Tom likes to write letters to the editor and he sends them to a whole bunch of papers. In one of Tom's recent letters, he discussed why Bush is still in office after everything he's done. In fact, Tom wondered, why hasn't Bush been assassinated?

Not days after his letter was published, the FBI showed up at his door. Yup. The F #%*@*%# BI. They didn't arrest and disappear Tom for being a terrorist, but he did get a stern lecture. If Tom had been middle eastern looking instead of Irish, he would have been yanked out of his house never to be seen again, and Edith and Tom both know it.

I asked Edith if this reminded her of anything. She said she started seeing similarities with what is going on in her adopted country and Germany ten years ago. So there you have it. It's not all in our imagination any longer.

Refresh | 1 Recommendations Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | Top
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2790979

We're now a fascist state, because Edith said so.  :bs::bs2flag:

El Pinko (195 posts)      Wed Jan-30-08 10:35 AM
Response to Original message
2. You run the risk of the same thing happening to you by posting this.
 There's no consideration of context or common sense - they just come a knocking...
 Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | Top

You  know it's fascism when there is a follow up to a possible threat to the president.  Yep, just like Nazi Germany. :whatever:
I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
Re: Fascist State Bouncy (complete with concentration camp survivor)
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 09:44:27 AM »
Sadie4629 (664 posts)      Wed Jan-30-08 10:42 AM
3. This is nothing new
 It has ALWAYS been a bad idea to suggest assassinating ANY president. And the perception of a threat is in the eyes of law enforcement. Same thing would have happened had the subject of the letter been Clinton, Carter, Nixon, or anyone else who had the title of POTUS.

Notice how , usually, the posters who interject SOME logic into the threads have a low post count?
I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 09:47:11 AM »
Sadie4629 (664 posts)      Wed Jan-30-08 10:42 AM
3. This is nothing new
 It has ALWAYS been a bad idea to suggest assassinating ANY president. And the perception of a threat is in the eyes of law enforcement. Same thing would have happened had the subject of the letter been Clinton, Carter, Nixon, or anyone else who had the title of POTUS.

Notice how , usually, the posters who interject SOME logic into the threads have a low post count?
Well, we wouldn't know what would have happened if someone had wondered about why Billy Blow Job wasn't assassinated, since he was universally loved.  :whatever:

Offline jukin

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 09:56:55 AM »
.5 bong
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 10:00:08 AM »
Ilsa  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Wed Jan-30-08 10:47 AM
4. A friend told me of someone he knew who had survived the

labor and death camps. He said the most nutritious part of the soup was at the bottom of the pot, so he would lineup early, gulp down scalding hot soup so he could try to sneak back in line for a second cup of the thicker soup. My friend said he had scars on his throat from the experience.

I didn't hear the story first hand, but I tend to believe it. And I can't wonder if we'll eventually be under the similar circumstances later if the BFEE and their partners in crime have their way. Edith seems like a really smart woman.

:whatever:
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2008, 10:29:39 AM »
azygous (37 posts)      Wed Jan-30-08 10:30 AM
Original message
We've arrived
 AdvertisementsIt's clear now that we're in a fascist state, and the Dems aren't going to turn that around, especially if the president '09 is Clinton. And Obama would be a push-over for the corps elite.

*SNIP*

Not days after his letter was published, the FBI showed up at his door. Yup. The F #%*@*%# BI. They didn't arrest and disappear Tom for being a terrorist, but he did get a stern lecture. If Tom had been middle eastern looking instead of Irish, he would have been yanked out of his house never to be seen again, and Edith and Tom both know it.

So not days but what?  Hours/weeks after it was published?  Or is his subconscious trying to tell us that this story is BS and he is trying to earn "street cred" at DU early on in his moonbat career?

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2008, 10:32:55 AM »
El Pinko (195 posts)      Wed Jan-30-08 10:35 AM
2. You run the risk of the same thing happening to you by posting this.
 There's no consideration of context or common sense - they just come a knocking...

And you, El Pinko, run the same risk for warning azygous ahead of time that the Federal BI may be on to him. Think about it! Let it sink in. (...) Aw crap! What have I done!?!  :o
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2008, 10:40:12 AM »
The numbers don't work.  WWII was 68 years ago -- Edith would have been 11 in 1940.  Even if you fudge a year or so, there is no way she was a teen in Hitler's Germany, much less a cigarette runner at 16.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2008, 10:44:22 AM »
The numbers don't work.  WWII was 68 years ago -- Edith would have been 11 in 1940.  Even if you fudge a year or so, there is no way she was a teen in Hitler's Germany, much less a cigarette runner at 16.

I did the math on that, too.  She would have been 16 in 1944/1945.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2008, 10:48:10 AM »

I did the math on that, too.  She would have been 16 in 1944/1945.

By 1944 is was pretty well over.  Normandy was June 6, 1944.

It still sounds suspicious, but the whole thing does anyway.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
  • Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2008, 03:42:00 AM »
Zero bongs.

Totally. ****ing. Lame.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 03:50:28 AM by Attero Dominatus »
Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2008, 05:50:24 AM »
According to wikipedia Germany occupied Austria in 1938. Unless my math is wrong that means that Edith was 9 years old at the time.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2008, 05:55:40 AM »
I wonder if Edith's friend "Tom" is none other than TomInTib ?  It sure wouldn't surprise me.

1 bong because the story entertained me.

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2008, 07:21:31 AM »
Are you guys kidding!?!?!?  It has to do with Nazis, it HAS to be true!!!!  If you question her math or story that just makes you an anti-semite nazi lover! :censored:  Shame on you all!!!  I give it a 43 bongs with a side of doritos!!!11111oneityoneone!
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2008, 08:59:28 AM »
Would be of any relevance that the SECRET SERVICE through the Dept of Treasury--not the FBI through the Dept of Justice--is responsible for presidential protection?
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2008, 09:15:44 AM »
Uh...

She's 76 so she was born in...um...

-------

BUT, it says here:
Edith did well for herself over the years, landing not one, but three well-off husbands. But it's where Edith came from that makes her the indomitable spirit she is. She was a teen during the Hitler years. She ran black market cigarettes back and forth across the border between Germany and Austria, courting death or arrest if caught. She was only sixteen. Eventually Hitler invaded Austria and rounded up Edith and other Austrians whom he labeled as racially sub-par and put them into forced labor camps. She described what that was like and I don't think an anorexic could exist on the watered down soup they were fed which on a good day had a hand full of flour thrown in and a turnip in season.

BUT:

1938 German Anschluss with Austria?

So she was...7.

Still...

After Germany's annexation of Austria in March 1938, the Nazis arrested German and Austrian Jews and imprisoned them in the Dachau, Buchenwald, and Sachsenhausen concentration camps, all located in Germany. After the violent Kristallnacht ("Night of Broken Glass") pogroms in November 1938, the Nazis conducted mass arrests of adult male Jews and incarcerated them in camps for brief periods.

If true, she's lucky to be alive.

I hate people who have no clue about history.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline lastparker

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2008, 12:20:09 PM »
Uh...

She's 76 so she was born in...um...

-------

BUT, it says here:

BUT:

1938 German Anschluss with Austria?

So she was...7.

Still...

After Germany's annexation of Austria in March 1938, the Nazis arrested German and Austrian Jews and imprisoned them in the Dachau, Buchenwald, and Sachsenhausen concentration camps, all located in Germany. After the violent Kristallnacht ("Night of Broken Glass") pogroms in November 1938, the Nazis conducted mass arrests of adult male Jews and incarcerated them in camps for brief periods.

If true, she's lucky to be alive.

I hate people who have no clue about history.

Come on! Edith was the little-known eighth Von Trapp Family singer.
Cursing is the crutch of the inarticulate mother****er, DUmmies.   -NHSparky

Deadbeats eating mushroom duxelles and dandelion salad with a shallot vinaigrette are still deadbeats.    -GOBUCKS

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2008, 12:31:14 PM »
Come on! Edith was the little-known eighth Von Trapp Family singer.

Edith Von Trapp?

nah...it just doesn't sing...
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!