Author Topic: Any divers here at CC?  (Read 10097 times)

Offline Strider

Re: Any divers here at CC?
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2008, 09:23:49 AM »

Offline Peter3_1

« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2008, 04:39:01 PM »
Ancient equipment? My Healthways  mfg in 1959 still works, original hoses and all. Haven't been able to dive since being ill, tho. I thtiought that I'd be able, physically, to dive and Surf all my life. Oisses me off that I can't.

DAN (Diver's Alert Network)  will keep you up to date on the Medical and technical info..

Offline ScubaGuy

« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2008, 05:24:58 PM »
It's an expensive habit, but damn it's fun.

Up to three years ago I was in the water every other weekend off the NC coast and usually took a couple of dive vacations to Cozumel, Belize or the Bahamas every year. 

Had to take care of some family medical problems the last few years which kept me out of the water and out of cash but I should be back this summer.

Have you ever tried any of the dive cruises?  I did a 7 day with Blackbeard from Miami to the Bahamas.  Kind of like a combination of camping and diving for a week cost less than $1K for the whole week.  I had a blast but now that I'm married I know my wife would hate it. 

25 years ago we had Ronald Reagan, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have Obama, no hope and no cash.

Offline Strider

« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2008, 08:37:02 PM »
no...I have never gone on a dive cruise but would like to.
There is a 3 day dive charter that runs out of Freeport on the Texas coast to the flower gardens which is a reef about 65 mi off shore. I am trying to book a trip with them sometime in the spring. It is fairly cheap at $650 considering that includes nitrox,food and double cabin and if you do the night dives, you can log 11 to 12 dives.
 With only two of the four of us diving I have to plan my dive trips with the family in mind which means going to a place that has a nice beach and better accommodations.

Offline MarshallLaw

« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2009, 02:33:12 PM »
Muff? :-)

It took 12 replies for this one to show up?

C'mon people, you're slacking.