Author Topic: Whoa! Simon Rosenberg Slams Hillary's Florida Grandstanding  (Read 1728 times)

Offline Lauri

Whoa! Simon Rosenberg Slams Hillary's Florida Grandstanding
« on: January 29, 2008, 10:34:09 PM »
cali  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Tue Jan-29-08 11:22 PM
Original message
Whoa! Simon Rosenberg Slams Hillary's Florida Grandstanding

by pontificator
Tue Jan 29, 2008 at 07:41:53 PM PST
This is important. Simon has spent years helping build the Democratic party. And he's highly offended by Hillary's opportunistic grandstanding in Florida. For someone who's usually quite measured in his words, he doesn't sugercoat what he has to say:

pontificator's diary :: ::
Like many I wish the Democratic Party could have found a way to let the votes of the people of Michigan and Florida be counted. Unfortunately the rules were the rules, all the candidates agreed to them, and - for the most part - have stuck by them.

So what exactly is Hillary doing by going to Florida to declare victory, pushing her way into whatever is the big Republican story tonight? Somehow given the events of the last few weeks this move just feels wrongly timed. Too many questions are being raised about the Clinton's integrity, their willingness to do whatever it takes to win, even sacrificing long held values and beliefs in the process.

Having worked on the New Hampshire primary and in the War Room in 1992 for the Clintons, I was present at the creation of the famous "rapid response" campaign style and fierce fighting spirit of the Clinton era. In the very first meeting of the famous War Room James Carville warned us "that if you don't like to eat sh-- everyday you shouldn't be in politics." So I understand as well as anyone that this is a tough game, not for the faint of heart.

But there is a line in politics where tough and determined becomes craven and narcissistic, where advocacy becomes spin, and where integrity and principle is lost. I am concerned that this Florida gambit by the Clinton campaign is once again putting two of my political heroes too close - or perhaps over - that line. So that even if they win this incredible battle with Barack Obama they will end up doing so in a way that will make it hard for them to bring the Party back together, and to lead the nation to a new and better day.

If you're someone who regularly (or even only occasionally), reads Simon Rosenberg, or if you've heard him speak (he was at both YearlyKos conventions), you'd realize how unusual it is for him to use such pointed language. Clearly, Simon believes a line has been crossed.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x4280935

Offline Lauri

Re: Whoa! Simon Rosenberg Slams Hillary's Florida Grandstanding
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 10:38:47 PM »
cali  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Tue Jan-29-08 11:27 PM
Response to Reply #1
11. Long time and important Clinton ally

you really don't know much do you?

ive never heard of this Simon Rosenberg..  but if he's slapping Hilary around.. I like him ..  :popcorn:

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 11:20:49 PM »
BenDavid  (1000+ posts)        Tue Jan-29-08 11:31 PM
Response to Original message
17. well hell.....the pundits and obama supporters in here will
   write off the Clinton win in Florida as a beauty contest, I can'help but to think that when a candidate who didn't campaign in the state at all comes in first ahead of all the Republicans, who have been campaigning hard there, that is to significant to ignore. And it'an even bigger victory because the Democrats who voted for Hillary knew their vote didn'even count.

So if the Democrats don't blow it by electing Obama I think this is an indication that Hillary would win by a landslide in the general election.

This is a DUmmieloid statement at its DUmmiest.  Hillary got more DEMOCRAT votes.  She didn't beat the Republicans.  Overall, according to my last count, almost 200,000 more votes were casts for Republicans than for democrats.   The ignorance abounds!  Landslide indeed!

Offline Lauri

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2008, 11:42:30 PM »
BenDavid  (1000+ posts)        Tue Jan-29-08 11:31 PM
Response to Original message
17. well hell.....the pundits and obama supporters in here will
   write off the Clinton win in Florida as a beauty contest, I can'help but to think that when a candidate who didn't campaign in the state at all comes in first ahead of all the Republicans, who have been campaigning hard there, that is to significant to ignore. And it'an even bigger victory because the Democrats who voted for Hillary knew their vote didn'even count.

So if the Democrats don't blow it by electing Obama I think this is an indication that Hillary would win by a landslide in the general election.

This is a DUmmieloid statement at its DUmmiest.  Hillary got more moonbat votes.  She didn't beat the Republicans.  Overall, according to my last count, almost 200,000 more votes were casts for Republicans than for democrats.   The ignorance abounds!  Landslide indeed!

maybe its that new math again.. ?

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2008, 11:44:08 PM »
cali  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Tue Jan-29-08 11:27 PM
Response to Reply #1
11. Long time and important Clinton ally

you really don't know much do you?

ive never heard of this Simon Rosenberg..  but if he's slapping Hilary around.. I like him ..  :popcorn:

I am thinking more and more that hitlery might be the best option after all.  The hate and vitriol against her from the Left is astounding.  And when you figure the Right sees her as Satan (which she is), then maybe she will be crushed -- crushed -- in the GE.

The swimmer/killer very lame and unenthusiastic "but lets stand behind the Dimotard candidate no matter what" ain't going to get it done.

The hate (which is what defines liberals) is truly palpable.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.