Author Topic: Fox News  (Read 1608 times)

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
Fox News
« on: January 29, 2008, 06:28:28 PM »
 :yawn:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2788454

brettdale (1000+ posts)     Tue Jan-29-08 06:58 PM
Original message
Fox News 
 http://mediasportandotherrantings.blogspot.com

The Fox News Network in the United States is either Loved or Hated, depending on your political View. Those that hate it, say "Its nothing but a mouthpiece for the GOP" and those that love it, say "Its fair and balanced unlike the Liberal Media" Fox News is Unique in one way, unlike CNN which has three different versions, one for America, one for Europe and One for the Asia/Pacific region, or BBC News that has a Feed for Europe and a Feed for the rest of the world, Fox News broadcasts its USA feed to the entire Planet.

So is it Fair and Balance? or does it lean dramatically to the right? As a NewZealander I think I can be open minded about it. First the positive, when it comes to Breaking News no one does it better, they have the money and resources to be on top of the other News Networks, they seem to get the best footage, either of people celebrating something or of a disaster.

An actual good take on the OP by the OP'er......well then there's

angrycarpenter  (602 posts)       Tue Jan-29-08 07:11 PM
Response to Original message
1. You may be right.
 They can open doors denied to other networks on account of their buddies in the administration. That may be about to change.

I would like to see them marginalized. They have passed along every lie told by the president and frightened the viewers into buying them. They have much to answer for. They have been the presidents war drum from the beginning.

kstewart33  (1000+ posts)      Tue Jan-29-08 07:15 PM
2. Fox news has the resources that others don't?
 Historically whenever there is a major story breaking, especially internationally,
CNN's ratings exceed those of Fox because Fox does not have the depth of correspondents and coverage that CNN has

tabasco  (1000+ posts)       Tue Jan-29-08 07:18 PM
3. Anybody that has to ask if Fox News is fair and balanced 
 is too stupid to have a conversation with.

sarcasmo  (1000+ posts)       Tue Jan-29-08 07:19 PM
4. SUCKS!

You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline Uhhuh35

• Subtle Like A Nuclear Weapon
Re: Fox News
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 06:38:10 PM »
Hey which news station hosted those debates where we found out they used campaign operatives to ask questions? And which station used the fake but accurate video of a woman who professed to be a "lifelong republican" but will vote democrat this year? And it turned out she was always a dem?

CNN
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
— Albert Einstein.

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 06:59:56 PM »
Here's an example of CNN actually being the big evil that DUers only like to pretend FOX does.

CNN's Iraqi Cover-Up
CNN admits that knowledge of murder, torture, and planned assassinations were suppressed in order to maintain CNN's Baghdad bureau.

In a shocking New York Times opinion piece, CNN's chief news executive Eason Jordan has admitted that for the past decade the network has systematically covered up stories of Iraqi atrocities. Reports of murder, torture, and planned assassinations were suppressed in order to maintain CNN's Baghdad bureau.
http://www.honestreporting.com/articles/critiques/CNNs_Iraqi_Cover-Up.asp

"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2008, 08:44:24 PM »
Hey which news station hosted those debates where we found out they used campaign operatives to ask questions? And which station used the fake but accurate video of a woman who professed to be a "lifelong republican" but will vote democrat this year? And it turned out she was always a dem?

CNN

Don't forget CNN's Peter Arnett mewling over the destroyed "Baby Milk Plant" in Abu Ghraib after the first Gulf War. How did he know it was a "Baby Milk Plant" rather than the bio weapons labs the Air Force said it was? Why, there was a crudely hand-painted sign out front that read "Baby Milk" in English. LMAO

And don't even get me started on CNN's bullshit "Operation Tailwind" report.
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline jukin

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2008, 09:50:23 PM »
The coverage of the 03 invasion told me what network was actually telling the facts and what networks were hoping for American failure.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.