Author Topic: Bearcats Big East Champs!  (Read 1113 times)

Offline ReardenSteel

Bearcats Big East Champs!
« on: November 29, 2008, 11:31:18 PM »
Cincy celebrates Big East title...

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/wcStory?contentId=8867606#story=8863510
Defensive end Connor Barwin raised the gold-topped trophy above his head, then walked through hundreds of Cincinnati fans who got on their tiptoes and reached as high as they could, hoping to touch the keepsake with their fingertips.
There's never been a day quite like this in Cincinnati.

The 16th-ranked Bearcats beat Syracuse 30-10 Saturday, then gathered in the end zone amid tightly-packed fans to hoist the trophy that represents their first Big East title during their fourth season in the league.

"We got smacked around our first year in the Big East," said receiver Mardy Gilyard, munching on an orange he plucked from the artificial turf. "I'm at a loss for words. It's just utter bliss."

The Bearcats (10-2, 6-1) are headed to a BCS bowl — likely the Orange or Sugar — for the first time in their history. They clinched the spot when West Virginia lost at Pitt on Friday, taking most of the drama out of the last home game.

Still, they made a little history. The Bearcats tied the school record with their 10th win, the second straight season they've reached the mark.

Is this a down year for the Big East? You betcha. Do I care? Not so much.  :-)

I am and always will be a Buckeye fan but it's a great year for the local kids. (and by local I mean I can hear the party as I type) Good job Cincy!
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826