Author Topic: Black Friday Sales  (Read 3265 times)

Offline Uhhuh35

• Subtle Like A Nuclear Weapon
Black Friday Sales
« on: November 16, 2008, 05:09:44 PM »
In anticipation of the biggest shopping day of the year (although I don't know about this year):

http://www.blackfriday.info/

Enjoy!  :-)
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
— Albert Einstein.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Black Friday Sales
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2008, 10:51:21 PM »
Sony Bravia 32 inch HDTV for $599 at KMart?  :o I guess I'll be camping out there Friday night (deal is Saturday only).    :uhsure:

Thanks for the post.   :cheersmate:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline whiffleball

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2008, 05:00:42 AM »
Thanks for the link.  I'll pass it on.  Me, I'd rather have a root canal than put myself through that torture.  I don't mind receiving the gifts from the days purchase, though.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2008, 10:05:55 AM »
Thanks for the link.  I'll pass it on.  Me, I'd rather have a root canal than put myself through that torture.  I don't mind receiving the gifts from the days purchase, though.

I certainly don't mind getting the gifts, either.  Last year, my stepdad went out to a rural WalMart next to the UPS Store he and my mom owned.  Found 2 Garmin Street Pilot C330 gps systems for $125 each (compared to the average $300+ price that model went for at the time). My sister and I were the recipients.  ;)

But this time, I may brave the madness if I can get my hands on that tv ($599 is CHEAP for a Sony Bravia, as my dad has one of the larger versions...cost about $1800).
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2008, 12:16:33 PM »
Is that Sony a 720P or 1080P ?? If it's a 720P, there's your answer. 1080P seems to be the new industry standard.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline guest

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2008, 02:06:32 PM »
Is that Sony a 720P or 1080P ?? If it's a 720P, there's your answer. 1080P seems to be the new industry standard.

yes, it is.  Just from experience with the one my dad has, I like it. I'm not that picky with tv's in regards to the screen.  At this point, I just need a tv for my apartment that's affordable and can fit on my dresser.    I'm also looking at a smaller LG (720p also), but I'm not seeing too many good deals with that one, though it's on sale at Best Buy:

LG 26 @ Best Buy 

« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 02:24:53 PM by ACrazyConservative »

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2008, 02:36:24 PM »
It has to do with resolution, not just the screen. I'd recommend that you save your money and buy a 1080P. They will be on sale shortly.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Chris_

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2008, 10:24:42 PM »
It has to do with resolution, not just the screen. I'd recommend that you save your money and buy a 1080P. They will be on sale shortly.

I need a 26 or 32 (anything larger will not fit on the dresser OR in my car if I have to move... ), but those seem to be in short supply for the 1080p.   

I hope that something in the specs I need is available by my birthday.  I would bring down my tv from home, but it's a big old Philips attached to all sorts of Nielsen Ratings equipment, so I'd like to get something soon so I can get paid again by Nielsen for my time (for their College program).   :uhsure: :lmao:

Offline Woody

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2008, 01:18:57 AM »
For a TV that size, you don't really need 1080.  You'd need to be within 4 feet or so to tell the difference...
Those who see their lives as spoiled and wasted crave equality and fraternity more than they do freedom. If they clamor for freedom, it is but freedom to establish equality and uniformity. The passion for equality is partly a passion for anonymity: to be one thread of the many which make up a tunic; one thread not distinguishable from the others. No one can then point us out, measure us against others and expose our inferiority.
-Eric Hoffer, "The True Believer", 1951

Offline whiffleball

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2008, 05:22:58 AM »
I need a 26 or 32 (anything larger will not fit on the dresser OR in my car if I have to move... ), but those seem to be in short supply for the 1080p.   

I hope that something in the specs I need is available by my birthday.  I would bring down my tv from home, but it's a big old Philips attached to all sorts of Nielsen Ratings equipment, so I'd like to get something soon so I can get paid again by Nielsen for my time (for their College program).   :uhsure: :lmao:

This is the first time I've noticed that you're a conservative Republican college student.  You're setting a wonderful example for other students and you have my thanks.  H5!

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2008, 09:59:14 AM »
This is the first time I've noticed that you're a conservative Republican college student.  You're setting a wonderful example for other students and you have my thanks.  H5!

She's been going through hell for it too. She deserves a H5!
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2008, 12:18:20 PM »
Awww, thanks y'all.  I'll go off-topic briefly to say thanks.  My group is still recovering from the loss, but we're not going anywhere anytime soon.  :cheersmate: It seems we've got a lot more support among faculty than we realized (several biology and health professions professors have, before the election, asked me for McCain/Palin signs and stickers, but I didn't have anymore. :(  )

Woody, I definitely don't sit within 4 feet of a tv. :mental:  I prefer sitting on a couch, not on the floor (if I wanted to be that close to the tv, that's where I'd have to sit :popcorn:) when I watch my favorite shows.  As I've said before, I'm still doing my research on various 32 and 26 inch LCD's, so it could be well into the new year before I get one.